upgrade?

kilndude

Seems like a good deal, depending where your "old" cabin is compared to new one.  Is it the same cabin category or higher, or are they offering you an interior?    Also depends on when you are cruising.  If during a school vacation/summer - yes, there will probably be a lot of kids in the area, and I would bypass it.  If during a time kids are in school, look at the amenities and make an educated decision.

Edited by pe4all

36 minutes ago, kilndude said:

Can move from a ocean veiw to a family harbor for 108.00 is it worth it? is there a lot of kids in this area ? its on the celebration.

The family harbor area is specifically designed for families traveling with children...

• Like 2

I also received upgrade offers for the Celebration today.  We are in a cove balcony and were offered an oceanview balcony for $66. Also offered an extended aft balcony for $236. I thought I was going to have a difficult decision to make because I love aft balconies but really want to try a cove balcony. Then I looked at the deck plan. The aft balcony on deck 9 overlooks the pool at Summer Landing on deck 8, guaranteed to be noisy. Check carefully before accepting any upgrade offers!

• Like 3

We were in a family harbor a few years ago. It was larger than the standard balcony, 220ft vs 185 ft. You got an extra bathroom and an extra closet. And free coffee in the lounge. We thought it was a great room for the price.

Just now, john91498 said:

We were in a family harbor a few years ago. It was larger than the standard cabin, 220ft vs 185 ft. You got an extra bathroom and an extra closet. And free coffee in the lounge. We thought it was a great room for the price.

Possibly? I think it depends on your needs. But if you’re someone who’s going to be easily irritated with children then I’d say no. But it does sound nice to have the buffet with breakfast, lunch, snack, coffee and ice cream right there if that’s worth it to you!

• Like 1

More info . This cruise leaves Sept 17th,  Thinking most kids might be in school by then. Is this a bigger cabin ? We are already booked on this same deck so i am not sure if it is any better for the money.

18 hours ago, john91498 said:

We were in a family harbor a few years ago. It was larger than the standard balcony, 220ft vs 185 ft. You got an extra bathroom and an extra closet. And free coffee in the lounge. We thought it was a great room for the price.

Are there two full bathrooms?  I almost booked a two-bathroom cabin a few months ago, until I found out the second bathroom had only a sink and tub, no toilet.  

2 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Are there two full bathrooms?  I almost booked a two-bathroom cabin a few months ago, until I found out the second bathroom had only a sink and tub, no toilet.  

Correct, the second bathroom has a sink and tub. My daughter takes forever to get ready, so the extra sink came in really handy.

27 minutes ago, john91498 said:

Correct, the second bathroom has a sink and tub. My daughter takes forever to get ready, so the extra sink came in really handy.

Yeah, based on my experience, I would think an extra shower and an extra bathroom are more valuable than an extra toilet.  🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, staceyglow said:

Yeah, based on my experience, I would think an extra shower and an extra bathroom are more valuable than an extra toilet.  🙂

It is just the two of us, and we were more interested in having a bathroom all to ourselves that no one else ever enters, just like home!

Congrats on the offer, whether or not you choose to accept it.  I am curious how they decide who to offer upgrades too.  Why would they offer an upgrade to a family harbor area to 2 adults traveling together instead of people with kids.  That tells me it's either random, or there aren't very many kids on this cruise. What are your thoughts? 

On 4/13/2023 at 9:21 PM, my kids mama said:

Congrats on the offer, whether or not you choose to accept it.  I am curious how they decide who to offer upgrades too.  Why would they offer an upgrade to a family harbor area to 2 adults traveling together instead of people with kids.  That tells me it's either random, or there aren't very many kids on this cruise. What are your thoughts? 

They offer upgrades to people who are booked in categories that they think they can sell for more.

For example, if you are booked in a standard balcony that you booked 2 years ago and the ship has a lot of Spa or Havana balconies left, you stand a good chance of getting a good upgrade offer. This allows Carnival to get some more money out of you, and sell your old cabin to somebody who will pay more than you did.

I used to get a lot of upgrade offers years ago. Now that I book with a TA that explicitly doesn't participate, I don't get them anymore. But I also am not interested in upgrades so I don't care.

I just received an upsell offer for my October cruise from a porthole “interior “ to a cove balcony for $470. 
The thing I’m concerned about is if I’ll lose my VIFP Cheers rate RU2 if I take the offer.

When I booked it, there was only a limited time  frame to make any changes to the booking. 

35 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

I just received an upsell offer for my October cruise from a porthole “interior “ to a cove balcony for $470. 
The thing I’m concerned about is if I’ll lose my VIFP Cheers rate RU2 if I take the offer.

When I booked it, there was only a limited time  frame to make any changes to the booking. 

Generally, when Carnival solicits the upgrade all your goodies move with the upgrade. But it doesn't hurt to call Carnival (or your PVP/TA if applicable) to confirm.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Generally, when Carnival solicits the upgrade all your goodies move with the upgrade. But it doesn't hurt to call Carnival (or your PVP/TA if applicable) to confirm.

Thank you. I think I'm going to hold off and hope for a complimentary upgrade.

Just don't want to risk losing my RU2 Cheers rate.

18 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

I advise you to not hold your breath waiting, but good luck! 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mz-s said:

I advise you to not hold your breath waiting, but good luck! 

They want $470 to upgrade to a cove balcony, 7 day cruise.

Do you think it's a good price? I think when I originally booked, it was $700 more to go to the cove balcony.

1 minute ago, tonit964 said:

They want $470 to upgrade to a cove balcony, 7 day cruise.

Do you think it's a good price? I think when I originally booked, it was $700 more to go to the cove balcony.

I wouldn’t pay it but many would. To me it’s a good price if you want a balcony.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

They do not give complimentary upgrades. You will not lose your RU2 deal.  I've gotten "upsells" and the deal from the original offer do not change, only the cabin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1