Anyone been on Serenade recently?

Looking at booking Serenade this summer out of Tampa. 2 of my teenagers have only sailed Voyager / Freedom / Oasis class. My eldest has done Jewel and Brilliance with me in Europe, so is familiar with the "non promenade" ships.

Does the Solarium Cafe on Serenade continue to offer late night pizza and snacks in the US? What is the evening & nighttime entertainment like? Is the waterslide only for little kids?

Thanks.

9 hours ago, Host Jacquelyn said:

What is the evening & nighttime entertainment like?

You can see most of it in the app if set to the current sailing. Park Cafe food options may vary late at night but yes, it should offer snacks.

10 hours ago, Host Jacquelyn said:

Looking at booking Serenade this summer out of Tampa. 2 of my teenagers have only sailed Voyager / Freedom / Oasis class. My eldest has done Jewel and Brilliance with me in Europe, so is familiar with the "non promenade" ships.

Does the Solarium Cafe on Serenade continue to offer late night pizza and snacks in the US? What is the evening & nighttime entertainment like? Is the waterslide only for little kids?

Thanks.

I've been on 2 smaller ships. I see no one replied specifically about serenade. Both had pizza until 3 am in the solarium. 

• Like 1

Is the waterslide only for little kids?

Yes. it is only about 10 feet high, and rarely even open. We were on Serenade for 10 days in February, and never saw the kiddie slide area open.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

Thanks.

entertainment consisted of a comic that did a clean show and and a late evening "mature" show..The production shows were ok, the rock show was the best but did not feature any songs by taylor swift(thank god). The band in the lounge did alot of great songs but not alot of so called current top 40 stuff...Average age in the centrum lounge was around 60..Duo that played pool side was good and did the usual cruise stuff...dont know about a club for teens as we seldom cruise when there will be a bunch of "yutes" onboard...hope this helps and enjoy the serenade, she is a nice ship.......have a blessed day.

• Like 1

What is parking like in Tampa for Serenade?  What lot number.  My cruise docs say Serenade leaves from Terminal 6.

I understand you pay upon checking in.  Is it advisable to pay in advance since, I believe, that is an option.

1 hour ago, mafig said:

What is parking like in Tampa for Serenade?  What lot number.  My cruise docs say Serenade leaves from Terminal 6.

I understand you pay upon checking in.  Is it advisable to pay in advance since, I believe, that is an option.

4 yrs ago parked at Tampa for a Brilliance cruise. I think I prepaid and it was valet. Really easy to drop off and pickup.   Those who didn't do what I did were waiting longer to drop off or pickup.  Don't recall cost. 

We cruised from Tampa last month. We always use the valet service. It's an additional $20 and well worth it. I would prepay. It's so simple now that the construction is finished. If you go on the Port Tampa website https://www.porttb.com/, there's all the info you need. The porter came over and picked up our bags before the valet even got to our car. 

2 hours ago, mafig said:

Here is the option to pre-pay parking:

https://www.porttb.com/royalcaribbeanparking

Oh, and, yes, Serenade has areas designated for teens to gather in the evening.

Edited by SilkySal
add

On 4/13/2023 at 12:37 PM, Dolby1000 said:

Quick Serenade question, did they have the Coke Freestyle machines?

Thanking you in advance for the answer

We were on in January and March of this year.  I didn't see any freestyle machines.  Most people (and kids) would take the cup to a bar for filling.

To the person asking about parking....

We pre-paid in lot 6 both times.  It's close to the ship and easy to locate.  However, you are in a fenced area with one small gate that leads to the ship.  Security opens the gate it at 11AM on the dot.  So you have quite a few people lined up single file to exit the lot.  Then you have to wait to cross a road and go up a ramp to the terminal.  And you also wait there until the security people (local police?) allow you to cross over to where the porters are collecting bags. (taxis and busses dropping off passengers at that spot)  All of this is out in the open, so if it is raining, you will get wet.  (unless you wait in your car until the line clears)

The hold up seems to be caused by having a tiny terminal that can only handle a small amount of passengers. (compared with other ports)  Security holds the crowd back and lets a few in at a time.

On our last trip, we got in the parking lot line at 10:45.  It took us until after 12:15 to get on the ship.  (wait to leave the lot, wait to cross the street, wait on the ramp, wait at the top of the ramp to cross the second street to the terminal, wait outside the terminal door, wait in the security line, wait to be checked in)  Note that at no time did they ask anyone for their scheduled check in time.

Not complaining, just saying how it is.  It's all worth the wait though, and we would do it again tomorrow.

1 hour ago, paross4 said:

To the person asking about parking....

We pre-paid in lot 6 both times.  It's close to the ship and easy to locate.  However, you are in a fenced area with one small gate that leads to the ship.  Security opens the gate it at 11AM on the dot.  So you have quite a few people lined up single file to exit the lot.  Then you have to wait to cross a road and go up a ramp to the terminal.  And you also wait there until the security people (local police?) allow you to cross over to where the porters are collecting bags. 

Not complaining, just saying how it is.  It's all worth the wait though, and we would do it again tomorrow.

Do you not drop off your luggage first....before going to the lot?

Can someone  who has been on Serenade out of Tampa help me out here, please?💗

~Is there a special area/line for suites?

~Why prepay?

~Can you drop off luggage first, before parking?

`

3 hours ago, mafig said:

Also, what is the benefit of pre-paying?

Is there a special area/line for suites?

Idk that specific lot but the lot in miami for oasis filled up, was full, couldnt take more cars if you hadnt prepaid. Galveston it's also cheaper to prepay. The closer covered lot fills first. 

Most terminals have a special place for hc and suites and key to sit apart from the rest. Depending when you arrive might have a line for suites. They did board first. Galveston then called diamond plus, then diamond last 2 times I've been there. They dont call pinnacles because they board with suites. 

Yes they allow you to drop off passengers like your wife and luggage and then go park .. takes extra time of course. 

Edited by firefly333

16 hours ago, mafig said:

Do you not drop off your luggage first....before going to the lot?

3 hours ago, mafig said:

Also, what is the benefit of pre-paying?

Is there a special area/line for suites?

You drop your luggage off before you park, and there is a special line for suites and pinnacles. As for pre-paying, all it saves you is a few bucks - you still have to navigate the parking lot conga line just like everyone else. This is the one port where doing valet parking makes more sense - you drop your luggage, settle up at the valet desk, hand them your keys and you are done (and dry if it is raining)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Idk that specific lot but the lot in miami for oasis filled up, was full, couldnt take more cars if you hadnt prepaid. Galveston it's also cheaper to prepay. The closer covered lot fills first. 

Most terminals have a special place for hc and suites and key to sit apart from the rest. Depending when you arrive might have a line for suites. They did board first. Galveston then called diamond plus, then diamond last 2 times I've been there. They dont call pinnacles because they board with suites. 

Yes they allow you to drop off passengers like your wife and luggage and then go park .. takes extra time of course. 

Thanks.  I am used to Miami and Ft. Lauderdale, but I was reading that Tampa may be different.

For instance, I have a 11:00 check in, but someone posted that you are locked in the lot until exactly 11 am (in line) until they open the gate.  Then cross the street.  Then get into another line.  Geez.  I had heard Tampa was easier.  We cruised out of there several years ago and it was fine.  

We're also in a suite and wondered if that lets us into the ship a little faster.  

19 minutes ago, mafig said:

Thanks.  I am used to Miami and Ft. Lauderdale, but I was reading that Tampa may be different.

For instance, I have a 11:00 check in, but someone posted that you are locked in the lot until exactly 11 am (in line) until they open the gate.  Then cross the street.  Then get into another line.  Geez.  I had heard Tampa was easier.  We cruised out of there several years ago and it was fine.  

We're also in a suite and wondered if that lets us into the ship a little faster.  

Seen lockout twice in Oct. Then online after when Ship was delayed lockout for Fog lasted for hrs. At least smaller Ship less Crowds.

Edited by ONECRUISER

On 4/15/2023 at 10:26 AM, mafig said:

Can someone  who has been on Serenade out of Tampa help me out here, please?💗

~Is there a special area/line for suites?

~Why prepay?

~Can you drop off luggage first, before parking?

`

Suite area?

Since we were not in a suite, I didn't look.

Why prepay?

We prepay just to have it done and to not get shut out if for some reason the lot would be full when we got there.

Drop off before parking?

Yes, you can if the terminal is open when you get there.  In our case, we arrived at the ship before 11:00 am and the security guard would not let us through to drop off luggage.  We were directed to drive back around and get in the line of cars on the street and wait.  However since we were parking in the lot, the guard told us we could drive around (using a different street) back to the lot entrance and park.  (inside the chain link area with the locked gate) We were not allowed to drive on the street adjacent to the terminal where the porters are waiting for luggage.  It's hard to describe. There are two streets, one tight against the terminal where the porters are located and the other slightly lower that runs parallel to the one by the terminal.  The lower street bypasses the porters and loops you back out to the city street.  This is Terminal 6 only.  I'm not sure how it is for the other RCL terminal in Tampa.  Maybe not such a mess?  😉    Sorry for the long reply...

• Thanks 1