When Did Celebrity remove the included Alcoholic drink package?

pattycake08

I typically cruise Royal, but was thinking of taking a Celebrity Cruise in 2024.  My friends that normally go on Celebrity do so because alcoholic drinks were included not because of a specific loyalty status. I noticed recently that drinks do not seem to be included anymore.  Anyone know when and why this happened?

4 minutes ago, pattycake08 said:

I typically cruise Royal, but was thinking of taking a Celebrity Cruise in 2024.  My friends that normally go on Celebrity do so because alcoholic drinks were included not because of a specific loyalty status. I noticed recently that drinks do not seem to be included anymore.  Anyone know when and why this happened?

I noticed that Celebrity pricing stopped the price bundling of cruise fare with the drinks package some months ago.   That was good news, since for me as a moderate drinker, I rarely drink more than I get from the free happy hour as elite.

@pattycake08 I believe it was around the first of the year, maybe a little sooner.  

This was a reaction to all of the negative feeed back that Celebrity receive from their "All Included" program.  These boards were swamped with numerous comments both pro and con but the end result is that Drinks, WiFi, and pre-paid gratuities are now only automatic with Aqua and Retreat bookings. 

I'd like to believe it was a reaction to the feedback but I really think to was more their ability to command the AI pricing on AQ and above cabins.  They were unable to get back to full capacity requiring AI to be included in the lower cabins so they had to reintroduce the lower price point of cruise only to boost capacity numbers.

Some sailings they are still struggling to fill the large quantities of "regular" berths.

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

I'd like to believe it was a reaction to the feedback but I really think to was more their ability to command the AI pricing on AQ and above cabins.  They were unable to get back to full capacity requiring AI to be included in the lower cabins so they had to reintroduce the lower price point of cruise only to boost capacity numbers.

Some sailings they are still struggling to fill the large quantities of "regular" berths.

AI was originally offered on all fares then they allowed the sail only rate on all cabins.  Coincidentally, a thread started here where someone complained they couldn’t get a “free” drink in the retreat, that thread got hot and magically the sail only was removed.  Many reached out to the exec team and to request the sail only come back and it was reinstated but excluded AQ and up.  Probably a combination of factors that led to the addition/removal of sail only

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

AI was originally offered on all fares then they allowed the sail only rate on all cabins.  Coincidentally, a thread started here where someone complained they couldn’t get a “free” drink in the retreat, that thread got hot and magically the sail only was removed.  Many reached out to the exec team and to request the sail only come back and it was reinstated but excluded AQ and up.  Probably a combination of factors that led to the addition/removal of sail only

And those of us lucky enough to be Zenith and who love to book Aqua Class are very frustrated that you can only get the all included.  Wish they would go back to cruise only fares for all cabins besides suites (and for that matter, for the same reason I wish they would have suite cruise only fares as well - know it won't happen but a girl can dream).

• Like 3

9 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Hello,

Not mentioned thus far is pricing for singletons. With inclusive pricing, solos, paying a 100% single supplement, were paying for two drinks packages and resented the fact.

I think X needs to take a long hard look at pricing as it seems to have been more reactive than strategic.

Regards,

Cublet

the "old" plan where you could book  "good,  better or everything" offered more choice in pricing..

Our last few bookings were/are still all included..a waste for us.. We do not need extra wifi on top of our E + minutes or the premium drinks..

(latest one only has classic drinks).

On 4/14/2023 at 7:26 PM, DaKahuna said:

@pattycake08 I believe it was around the first of the year, maybe a little sooner.  

This was a reaction to all of the negative feeed back that Celebrity receive from their "All Included" program.  These boards were swamped with numerous comments both pro and con but the end result is that Drinks, WiFi, and pre-paid gratuities are now only automatic with Aqua and Retreat bookings. 

To quote an email I received l from the Chief Execs office "we appreciate that not every guest needs a drinks package or unlimited WiFi and are working to correct this issue". It took them many months to actually do it and then not for Aqua or Suites. 

With regard to the level of criticism. When we cruised immediately after the restart we discussed this with the Captain Club host on Silhouette and were told that the number of "comments" they weren't allowed to say "criticisms" were such that instead of reporting at the end of each cruise they were having to report on the issue every day.

For us it wasn't good value as we don't drink alcohol! However, if you book a group rate with a travel agency, everything comes included. For example, on our upcoming Apex cruise it was cheaper for us to book a group rate rather than rack rate, and we get wifi, drinks and gratuities included. So even though we won't use it for alcoholic drinks, we'll enjoy those fancy coffees and pop!

• Like 1