Cannot enter Credit Card on online Check-in

slidergirl

I've tried doing the online check in using Safari and my Navigator app.  I can do everything except do the "Add Card"  under the Onboard Account dropdown.  I select "Add Card",put in my name. But, card number does not allow me to type in a number.  and, then I can enter the expiration date.

Any idea what is going on?  I guess I can always call to get it added, but it's a PIA.

I experienced the same problem yesterday when completing the online check in using Safari.  I would get error messages and when I selected certain boxes there was a noticeable pause ( and a spinning wheel) for the system to update and then it would proceed.  I do remember having to select Add a Card and then wait for the system to add the fields to input the name, number and expiry date.

The online check in wasn't intuitive and user friendly at all.

Assuming you’re on your iPhone:

You might try typing your credit card number into a (temporary) new email, then tap, select the number, copy or cut it, and head back to Navigator.

Then try pasting your credit card number into the space.

Delete the email.

I had to do that last night in my password crypt. The textbox just would not open.

Good to know I'm not alone.

I'm going to try it at work today - dell computer, Microsoft (ugh), and chrome browser.  

I used to system test software for a living - so much stuff out there now just isn't tested enough and it drives me crazy.  No reason for bad software.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Good to know I'm not alone.

I'm going to try it at work today - dell computer, Microsoft (ugh), and chrome browser.  

I used to system test software for a living - so much stuff out there now just isn't tested enough and it drives me crazy.  No reason for bad software.

My cumbersome experience with the on-line system is the very reason why I am not planning to install Navigator for the cruise.  I simply don't trust it on my device.

8 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Man, I could make a LOT of money doing final system user testing for some of the companies...  

I know most of the cruise lines I have read about here on Cruise Critic sure could use your help!!!!  Maybe they would hire you in exchange for free cruises!!!  😁

~Nancy

• Like 1

Just tried to do our check in for our October 2023 cruise. All went okay but the same problem above - the screen will not allow me to input my credit card number. It's happy with its expiration date and name, but will not allow anything in the credit card number field. This is with Firefox and Chrome. I also tried my old version of Internet Explorer, but that will not even open Holland.com.

Doug

I'm having the same problem!

- Chrome: cannot enter credit card number
- Edge: cannot enter credit card number
- Holland America Chat: Page won't load with Chrome
- Holland America Chat: Page won't load with Edge
- Holland America Phone: Put on perpetual hold

So, now what?

UPDATE: I reloaded the page and I got a prompt stating I had 15 minutes to enter card information due to security reasons. After this, I was able to enter a card number. However, I had to add the credit card and address information and save it three times before it actually worked. 

Yay. 

Edited by Colorado Klutch

16 hours ago, iceman93 said:

How are those Apple devices working for you? 😁

Well, if I updated my 2016 MacBook Pro, probably pretty good.  One issue with a poorly designed program (they obviously failed to test all hardware platforms) won't stop me.   The Microsoft software isn't working all that great at work, either.