Celebrity Silhouette 13 Night Transatlantic ( April 20-May 3, 2023 ) Solo Concierge Class LIVE Review

bnurick

1 hour ago, bnurick said:

Day 2 1/2 Recap

Good afternoon from the Silhouette at sea.

Breakfast: I woke up at 7AM EST (now 8AM ship time) and decided to hit the MDR for breakfast (picture below). For those that have followed me before, this is my first time outside The Retreat. The eggs were cooked better than most experiences I’ve had in Luminae.  The bacon and applewood sausage were identical.  The corn-beef hash and banger sausage I did not care for.  The coffee was the same to me too.  I enjoyed the meal and staff service.  Super nice to me.  After I hit Cafe al Bacio for an americano coffee and it was better as usual ($6).

Gym:  I need to keep my treadmill routine and decided to head up and get 3.5 miles in. The Silhouette gym is HUGE compared to the Edge IMO. Perhaps it is the layout, but that was the feel. Once done, I noticed a scale. Who wants to use that on a cruise?  Needless to say, it looked rather dusty. 😆 Picture below.

Lunch:  After the gym, got in some email catching up and a shower before it was time for a snack. I have Murano tonight, so light is a necessity.  I decided on OVC again. The Mexican station for nachos and after the cheese station for a cheese plate. Picture below.

Concierge Class Afternoon Canapés:  Reading online I found many do not like all the offerings.  So on embarkation day I asked my stateroom attendant to request cheese only plates.  To my delight, the first one looks amazing. Since I just had some cheese, I am thinking of putting this in the refrigerator and eating it tomorrow.  Picture below.

Balcony:  I am currently sitting on my balcony enjoying the waves and sea view.  As we move north the air is beginning to develop a crispness to it. I have never cruised this direction in April before, so this is a first for me. It is rather enjoyable.

Bourbon:  I noticed a major improvement in the bourbon selection on this ship. The bartender explained within the last few weeks they have a new company supplying liquor.  A picture is below, but they have Blanton’s and more now.  In addition both Woodford Reserve and the Double Oaked.

Cheers from the Silhouette Transatlantic!

IMG_0893.jpeg

IMG_0888.jpeg

IMG_6721.jpeg

IMG_6722.jpeg

IMG_0897.jpeg

IMG_6740.jpeg

IMG_6739.jpeg

Nice bourbon line-up!! Haven't seen a bottle of Eagle Rare in our area for quite awhile...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Alanr204 said:

Great news about the new liquor supplier.  Maybe we can get some Canadian whiskey, Crown Royal or Wisers would be awesome. Heck, I’d even settle for Canadian Club.  

Wouldn't be surprised if they have. The picture I took is their more rare collection.  I’ve seen Woodford Reserve, Double Oaked and the Rye. It’s a whole new world on the Silhouette. Cheers!

24 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Hopefully they will have Kraken 😁

Do not know.  I asked about Zaccapa 23 year and was told they do not carry.  Was all over the Edge.  Seems rum is not the focus like bourbon right now.  Cheers!

49 minutes ago, Pantheral said:

Nice bourbon line-up!! Haven't seen a bottle of Eagle Rare in our area for quite awhile...

Much much improved.  Eagle Rare is everywhere in Kentucky right now.  Really like it.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Alanr204 said:

Great news about the new liquor supplier.  Maybe we can get some Canadian whiskey, Crown Royal or Wisers would be awesome. Heck, I’d even settle for Canadian Club.  

In Feb on Silhouette they had Seagrams, Crown Royal and CC…hubby prefers Jamieson and they had plenty of that as well. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bnurick said:

I noticed a major improvement in the bourbon selection on this ship. The bartender explained within the last few weeks they have a new company supplying liquor.  A picture is below, but they have Blanton’s

They have blantons!   Major good news as that is my go to if I can get it.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

In Feb on Silhouette they had Seagrams, Crown Royal and CC…hubby prefers Jamieson and they had plenty of that as well. 

Good evening. I noticed Crown Royal at the bar outside Murano tonight. Cheers!

53 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

They have blantons!   Major good news as that is my go to if I can get it.  

Yes! And they are very proud having it I might add. The bartender was very enthusiastic about the upgraded selections. Cheers!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

We start our TA on the Reflection on Sunday 

I believe the ship will also be 55% filled 

hopefully I will be able to follow you on your trip , but with have basic Wi-Fi who knows 

could you post internet speeds here 

Good evening. Here is the internet speed at 10:43pm ship time. Cheers!

IMG_6768.jpeg

• Like 2

Day 2/2 Recap

Stateroom: The bathroom light will not stay on fully lite, only partial.  Found Agaga and showed him.  He said not to worry, it will be fixed by the time I return.  He has been great and brings me ice twice a day as requested.  Supper friendly.

Stateroom Bottled Water:  There are large bottles of Evian in the room. Cost is $5.50 plus 20% ($1.10) for a total of $6.60.  I have splurged a little here and am drinking one a day to stay hydrated.

Martini 🍸 Bar:  I am getting excellent service from I-Puto.  I wanted to catch-up on some things and needed a more quiet area, so I gave my order and he got my Lychee Martini and bottle of water and found me across outside Craft Social.  Got me thinking back to the old Isotoner gloves commercials with Dan Martino, ‘take care of the hands that take care of you.’  The staff works so hard for the guests.

Murano:  I booked this venue 4x this sailing.  I know it is a lot, but when you look at which main courses you want, there is only one repeat. 🤷🏻‍♂️ No crime eating the table side lobster 🦞 twice on a 13 night sailing with 8 total at sea days (62%).

Murano Meal: 😱 This place…  The service and ambiance is second to none.  The sommelier said he went to deck one storage to find my pre-ordered wine, Goldeneye Pinot Noir 2016.  It was perfect out of the bottle and Charles said he would store what I did not consume for visit #2.  The amuse bouche was a green pea panna cotta with crab meat and caviar.  I elected to start with the cheese course (menu has it before dessert) to pair with the vino.  Next, for appetizer, I enjoyed the porchini 🍄 & morel risotto 🌾, just enough truffled foam to keep you wanting just one more bite.  For the entree’ I ordered the lobster 🦞 prepared table-side which is an experience (have a video I will try to load in a separate post but the file is very large).  I wasn’t feeling dessert, but they recommended a sorbet and once they said green apple 🍏 I thought now that sounds refreshing, delish.  To finish it off the brought an assortment of chocolate, macaron, etc which I had boxed up for the room.  What. A. Meal.  This restaurant makes the s-class ships with it so special to us when we sail them.

After Dinner Craps 🎲 Session:  Lasted about 15 minutes. Crapped out twice and said that’s all folks.

No Drink Package:  Not buying one and going a la carte was the way to go.  My martini is $20.40 after gratuity.  My Captain’s Club gets me 30% off bottles of wine, which a bottle last for two meals (1/2 bottle a meal, essentially) and when playing craps, the drinks are free.

Tomorrow (wrote some last night): Day 3… will be… wait for it… wait for it… AT SEA! 🤣

Cheers 🥂 from the Celebrity Silhouette and Cafe al Bacio this morning!

IMG_0900.jpeg

IMG_6751.jpeg

IMG_6752.jpeg

IMG_6754.jpeg

IMG_6755.jpeg

IMG_6756.jpeg

IMG_6757.jpeg

IMG_6764.jpeg

IMG_6766.jpeg

IMG_6767.jpeg

IMG_6761.jpeg

Edited by bnurick
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

I will be on Silhouette as she docks in Southampton on the 3rd May.

Jameson will do for me but more important have they got Guinness,,,,last year same cruise,same time,they had none.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Provence55always said:

Loving your review. We are on the Silhouette in June and with lots of OBC will definitely be dining in Murano…..did you make reservations before you sailed? Thank you.

Good morning.  Yes, I booked all specialty dining pre-cruise for the discount, with the exception of one Murano.  You can cancel 48 hours pre-embarkation and receive a refund.  After, you are booked, but can modify onboard.  Cheers!

• Thanks 1

Specialty Dining Reservations 

I got to thinking about availability and what if I wanted to modify a time of a reservation.  I went through the X App to see available times for what would be a party of one or two.  Here are the results for Murano and Tuscan Grille as of Day 3 at 11:50AM.

Murano / Tuscan Grille
Day 3: 8:30   6:00, 6:30, 8:00
Day 4: 6:30, 8:30  /  6:00, 8:00
Day 5: 8:00  /  6:00, 8:00
Day 6: 8:30  /  6:00, 6:30, 8:00
Day 7: 8:30  /  6:00, 6:30, 8:00
Day 8: 9:00  /  6:00, 8:00
Day 9: 8:30  /  6:00, 8:00
Day 10: 8:30  /  6:00, 6:30, 8:00
Day 11: 6:00, 8:00  /  6:00, 6:30, 8:00 (Lobster Night)
Day 12: 6:00, 8:30   6:00, 6:30, 8:00
Day 13: 6:00, 6:30, 8:00  /  6:00, 6:30, 8:00

I am starting to hear the staff selling specialty dining talk about Qsine and lobster.  This venue struggles a little to fill up versus others.

Cheers from the Silhouette!

26 minutes ago, bnurick said:

Specialty Dining Reservations 

I am starting to hear the staff selling specialty dining talk about Qsine and lobster.  This venue struggles a little to fill up versus others.

Cheers from the Silhouette!

Are you planning to visit Lawn Club Grill?  I usually prefer that to Tuscan.  On a cooler cruise, I'd try to get there sooner, although they do have the curtains and big heaters.  Lawn Club and Murano are why the Silhouette is my favorite ship.

Edited by goofysmom99
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

Are you planning to visit Lawn Club Grill?  I usually prefer that to Tuscan.  On a cooler cruise, I'd try to get there sooner, although they do have the curtains and big heaters.  Lawn Club and Murano are why the Silhouette is my favorite ship.

I looked it over, but I haven’t planned on dining there.  I might check the menu out again.  Thank you for the suggestion!  -BN

7 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

I will be on Silhouette as she docks in Southampton on the 3rd May.

Jameson will do for me but more important have they got Guinness,,,,last year same cruise,same time,they had none.

Just returned from sailing 6th-20th April on Silhouette, plenty of Guinness around the ship