Celebrity Silhouette 13 Night Transatlantic ( April 20-May 3, 2023 ) Solo Concierge Class LIVE Review

bnurick

Sounds like you are enjoying and happy with all the crew🙂. Are they staying on for the season in Europe? We love the Martini Bar for our pre dinner drinks. I checked in today for our June cruise, it will be our 1st time on the Silhouette. Would it be possible for you to post a picture of the Senior Officers. Thank you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ILgirl said:

Wow, thx so much for the Woody’s memory!  My late husband and I rented a 16’ boat for a half day during our stay in Bermuda and Woody’s was our lunch stop.  It looks the same as it did 9 years ago!  Who knew that a fish sandwich on raisin bread could be so delicious!  Thanks, also for taking the time to post.  I sure am enjoying it.

That is a great memory to have. And it is one heck of a fish sandwich for sure!  Cheers!

Edited by bnurick

3 hours ago, Provence55always said:

Sounds like you are enjoying and happy with all the crew🙂. Are they staying on for the season in Europe? We love the Martini Bar for our pre dinner drinks. I checked in today for our June cruise, it will be our 1st time on the Silhouette. Would it be possible for you to post a picture of the Senior Officers. Thank you.

Thank you, if I get the chance Ill get a picture. My understanding is some just got on, so it might be a few here and there depending on their contract. Cheers!

Edited by bnurick

Day 5 Recap

Cafe al Bacio:  With the hour forward (total of two now) the cafe was very busy with no seats available at 10AM.  I did the usual two cafe americano’s and chocolate croissants.  A very nice lady joined me as I had the last table which was a four top.  Nice conversation.

🍽️ OVC: Around 1:30PM I went to the buffet for lunch.  They had chicken paella 🥘 which I love.  Also grabbed two slices of pizza.  The pizza is super fresh as they make the dough from scratch.  Quick and easy.

🛋️ Lounge Chair:  Spent a lot of the day just outside the solarium on a body length cushioned lounger.  The air is crisp at 63 degrees, but enjoyable.

✂️ Spa:  Received a $50 off any service offer. Guessing they are offering to those that have not booked anything.  Might consider a massage, noodling on.

🏋🏻 Gym:  Got in an hour, but I had to increase the speed so it felt normal. I even switched machines. Very odd and lot’s of movement from the seas!

Daily Cheese Plate:  I have grow tired of the cheese plate.  I am going to ask to change to fruit as I was given a fruit skewer at the lounger and it was refreshing. 🍉 

🍽️ OVC:  Pizza and meatballs tonight. The Gelateria had pistachio, so I grabbed a scoop. 😀  Murano 2x tomorrow.

🎲 Craps Session:   Gave back 1/2 my profits and called it a night. 

Time Change:  I am starting to realize I need to formulate a time changing strategy.  Looking at the clock and thinking your crazy you missed the day is actually kinda mentally challenging.

My thoughts are to go to bed each day at or before 10:30PM as with an 8 hour sleep plus losing an hour wakes you up at 7AM ship time with a sunrise of 7:08AM.

🌊 Seas:  Definitely can feel and hear it today!

Cheers from the Silhouette!

P.S. The seas last night!  Not a wink of sleep… But up at 714AM. 😳

IMG_1006.jpeg

Edited by bnurick
  • Like 8

Time Zone UTC-2 & iPhone

Struggling with keeping up with the time changes.

On my iPhone and iPad you have to enter a city for the time zone or set the time manually.  Unfortunately, if you go manual, you are unable to have the world clocks correct and other items like email times, etc functioning properly.

Fortunately, after some research, I found one option Praia, Cape Verde that is UTC-1, except when NYC is on daylight savings time.  Now NYC EST time shows correctly, -3 hours.

IMG_1010.jpeg

IMG_1009.png

IMG_1011.jpeg

Edited by bnurick

Now the TV says we are on UTC-1 time, so maybe I am totally confused.  However, yesterday I used Nuuk, Greenland time and was aligned..  Again, confused…

IMG_1012.jpeg

Edited by bnurick

Enjoying your review! I was excited to see the bourbon selection until I saw the prices.😳 I enjoy Angels Envy and OF 120, but it would be difficult to spend more above the PBP for me. 

mac_tlc

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

Enjoying your review! I was excited to see the bourbon selection until I saw the prices.😳 I enjoy Angels Envy and OF 120, but it would be difficult to spend more above the PBP for me. 

mac_tlc

It’s impressive, but agree on cost when Woodford Double Oaked is available.  Cheers!

• Like 1

Day 6 Recap

🌊 At Sea: Our second of six at sea days since Bermuda.  Sea’s at 9 feet or medium according to the Captain’s morning report.

Time: Lost another hour (23 hour days) to -3 from Miami EST time.

Cafe al Bacio: I have been trying to get up early to migrate to -5 hours or Ireland vs Miami time.  I was the 5th person at the cafe at 730AM.  Two cafe americano’s, two chocolate croissant’s and one regular croissant.

🛋️ Lounger: Found a spot again outside the solarium with some sun. Was a relaxing spot to vegetate for a few hours.

🍽️ MDR: With Mast Grill closed for weather I really wanted some comfort food.  The MDR had a cheeseburger, so I headed there.  Noticed Pad Thai too so I requested a small portion as a starter.  Not as good as Mast Grill, but hit the spot.

🏋🏻 GYM: Was able to get an hour or 3.5 miles in.  Not many at the gym and the seas made it challenging at times.

🍍 Fruit Plate: Much needed change from the cheese plate.  I enjoyed and adjusted my request to no mellon, so I get more strawberries and pineapple.

🍽️ Murano: My second visit and really wanted red meat.  The amuse bouche was a prosciutto that I cannot recall the balance of the offering. For staters I ordered the lobster bisque and the heirloom tomato and mozzarella salad with extra balsamic.  They were both good, but not a repeat items for me.  For entree, I ordered the rack of lamb medium with extra pan sauce, very good and I suspect it was Colorado lamb as it wasn’t gamey like Australian lamb is to me. For dessert, I loved the chocolate soufflé.  Wonderful meal, as always and I polished off the bottle I started at the last meal.

🎲 Craps: Table was bare, so I didn’t stay long. Plus, I wanted to get to sleep around 1030PM each night. Plenty of future opportunities I’m sure.

As of this morning the Captain says the seas are now 12 feet and rough all day.  Hold onto rails when walking he said.  Should improve tomorrow.

Cheers from a bumpy Silhouette!

IMG_1004.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

IMG_6880.jpeg

IMG_6884.jpeg

IMG_6885.jpeg

IMG_6886.jpeg

IMG_6887.jpeg

IMG_6889.jpeg

IMG_6890.jpeg

• Like 9

Enjoying your post very much! We are back from her 1week tomorrow and are having cruise blues big time! DH loves the lamb in Murano! 

Curious, with the rough seas have they been able to do the production shows? Any headliners onboard this week? Last week was amazing! 

Enjoy every moment! 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bandp407 said:

Enjoying your post very much! We are back from her 1week tomorrow and are having cruise blues big time! DH loves the lamb in Murano! 

Curious, with the rough seas have they been able to do the production shows? Any headliners onboard this week? Last week was amazing! 

Enjoy every moment! 

Thank you very much. Murano is a treasure and enjoyed the lamb as well.  On shows, I have not gone to any unfortunately. I probably need to check it out. I am used to my Wife telling me when to go.  There were four today!  Cheers!

I just caught up on your review. I am enjoying reading about your trip! I thought the fish sandwich looked interesting and then someone said it was on raisin bread! I probably would’ve been skeptical, but now I definitely want to try one!! 

after I posted this, I realize that I’m not caught up on your review!!

Edited by sdnich
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, sdnich said:

I just caught up on your review. I am enjoying reading about your trip! I thought the fish sandwich looked interesting and then someone said it was on raisin bread! I probably would’ve been skeptical, but now I definitely want to try one!! 

after I posted this, I realize that I’m not caught up on your review!!

Good morning.  Thank you for the kind words.  The Woody’s fish sandwich is a definite to do item.  In fact, I booked Bermuda 2024 for us onboard.  It. Is. That. Good. Cheers!

Day 7 Recap ( At Sea Day 3/6 )

Time: Woke up around 6:30AM.  How, IDK. 😳

🍽️ OVC: Showered up and made it by 6:55AM to find out from 6:30AM to 7:00AM is a continental breakfast.  At 7:00AM they begin to open stations.  I grabbed a double shot cafe americano and found a spot to sit.  This was my first breakfast at OVC and was very happy they had traditional sausage links. Also the have fried eggs over medium to well.  Add some bacon and I had what I was looking for.  I might have been the only person in the section I was sitting.

🍸 Martini Bar: Nice spot to sit in the mornings.  You can see the wake and do some reading.

🛋️ Lounger: Spent a lot of the day “lounging around” following the stock market and watching the sea’s and weather from my preferred spot.

🍽️ OVC: Hit the OVC for some pizza and rice with chicken and vegetables.  Light yet filling.

🏋️ Gym: Hit my 3.5 miles although it be a bouncy session with the rough sea’s.

🍽️ Craft Social Bar: I wanted to so something light and different. The description of Craft Social includes ‘bar bites you can make into a meal’ so I ate the Kobe Beef Sliders and Dry Rub Chicken Wings (very small sized wings) with some hot sauce on the side. I enjoyed them and consider them a repeat item.

🎲 Craps: I was solo, mostly because I wanted to get to bed early.  I crushed it. 😊

Time this morning: Day 4/4 we rolled forward an hour. So as of this morning we are -5 hours from Miami time and although two days away on Cork, Ireland time.

🌊 Sea’s: Calmer this morning.  Less wind (35 mph) and 9’ sea’s.  Captain say’s tomorrow will be even better.

Random: Forgot to mention after I checked into Murano (Day 6 Recap) walking to the restroom a lady stopped me and asked me to get her a drink. 🧐 She quickly realized I was a fellow passenger and apologized.  After using the facilities, on the way back to wait, another lady jumped out of her seat to tell me how great of a job I did today. 🧐 She also quickly realized I was a fellow passenger and said she had a lot to drink and apologized.  They both thought I was the Cruise Director. 😂 Not wearing that shirt again this sailing…

Cheers from the Silhouette!

IMG_6898.jpeg

IMG_6900.jpeg

IMG_6902.jpeg

IMG_6901.jpeg

IMG_1047.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

Forgot to mention after I checked into Murano (Day 6 Recap) walking to the restroom a lady stopped me and asked me to get her a drink. 🧐 She quickly realized I was a fellow passenger and apologized.  After using the facilities, on the way back to wait, another lady jumped out of her seat to tell me how great of a job I did today. 🧐 She also quickly realized I was a fellow passenger and said she had a lot to drink and apologized.  They both thought I was the Cruise Director. 😂 Not wearing that shirt again this sailing…

OK, so enquiring minds are interested in viewing the shirt you were wears so as not to encounter the same issue!!!!!😆
  • Like 6
  • Haha 6

do you find the gradual time changes are easier than just flying and  catching  up  in a day or two..?  

we manage ok going east on an overnight flight from JFK,  but when going west..  we find it is harder to adjust.. that's why we cruised to Hawaii from LA