Celebrity Silhouette 13 Night Transatlantic ( April 20-May 3, 2023 ) Solo Concierge Class LIVE Review

bnurick

Working on a final post. Also, I saved all 13 daily’s and am going to try and scan into one file and post a link.  I did get my selfie with doppelgänger walking off today.  Final post coming tomorrow.  😂 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Thank you for bringing Silhouette back home( for the last time🙈).

I have a while to wait before we get on (30/09/23).

I’m curious why you say “for the last time.”

Thanks for the review, really enjoyed following along. Silly is our favourite ship and we'll be aboard her again in September out of Southampton. Shame she won't be there again after this year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Day 14 FINAL Post

🙏 First, thank you for following along. I post to give back to those that have before me. 13 nights takes a little planning to keep up I will say.

🛳️ Disembark: I booked a transfer to Heathrow Airport via Celebrity.  Exiting was uneventful.  Found my bags a proceeded to the buses. They could have been a little more proactive asking everyone what luggage tag number they had and tied it to a bus like explained onboard, but they go by which terminal your are headed to off the ship, which many forget. I was Terminal 3 or T3 on the buses signs. The luggage tag #5 became irrelevant at the end of the day.

🚌 Bus: Not a spare very tight seat left. Split up couples and someone on wrong bus after we left.  They asked multiple times if you were headed to Terminal 3, but by the time it registered for one lady, we were gone.  Another reason to have used the luggage number assigned to the buses.

🛑 Traffic: Traffic was poor, but we made it in about an hour and 45 minutes.

✈️ Airport: Grabbed my bags, a luggage cart and AA checkin was simple.  Security is nothing like TSA.  You can bring 100ml or less liquid items as long as they fit in ONE tiny baggie they provide (my 119ml crest tube was tossed). You find this out once you are about to have your passport inspected, so it becomes a scramble.  Everything comes off for security, belt, jacket, etc. but not shoes.  Some couple backed the line up 30 minutes because they only took out half their liquids over four luggage items.  Each hand inspected and then tested.  My advice is to to do some pre-trip planning on airport security.

😋 Lounge:  Found the AA lounge and grabbed a couple croissants 🥐 and a club soda and waited to board.

✈️ In flight:  I am writing this, in part on my flight to ORD.  All smooth now and an 8 hour flight.  Changed terminals in ORD and after a 4 hour layover made it home with an early arrival.  Officially been awake for 24 hours before my head hit the pillow.

📸 Selfie:  Exiting the ship I ran into my doppelgänger Cruise Director Mike!  Here is the selfie.  Do we look like Twinkie's when wearing the same dress shirt and after someones had a few too many cocktails? 😂 

📖 Celebrity Today's for all 13 days: Includes the inserts and can be found scanned here (download the PDF as the file is large with 89 pages): https://compassmuni-my.sharepoint.com/:b:/p/brian_nurick/EZ60FZWhnTVDrOivS3k_g0ABby2KNrTBNmQnMmhtVeiOvg?e=OPaRYL

Cheers!

IMG_7137.jpeg

Edited by bnurick
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, bnurick said:

You can bring 100ml or less liquid items as long as they fit in ONE tiny baggie they provide (my 119ml crest tube was tossed)

That 100ml rule has been scrapped at some UK airports. 
All airports by the end of May, I believe.

• Thanks 1

Great review.  Loved the daily format and photos. We will be on board Silhouette for the TA to Amsterdam in April 2024.   

Joe

• Thanks 1

Really enjoyed reading this thread! I've been mulling a transatlantic for years and this helped give me a feel for the pace and experience. We just did a quick HAL Amsterdam and Scotland cruise last week. Thank you for posting your experience. Cheers! 

• Thanks 1

On 5/6/2023 at 2:18 AM, newtocruiseinblue said:

Really enjoyed reading this thread! I've been mulling a transatlantic for years and this helped give me a feel for the pace and experience. We just did a quick HAL Amsterdam and Scotland cruise last week. Thank you for posting your experience. Cheers! 

Awesome! In the Celebrity Today link on my final post there is a page listing all the 2024 transatlantic sailings if you are interested.  Cheers!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I always enjoy a good Transatlantic/Europe blog, and yours was even more interesting because you shared it from the Blue Chip freebie perspective. Thank you for sharing that side of things and what your net was by the end. Hope you do more of these in the future! 

31 minutes ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

I always enjoy a good Transatlantic/Europe blog, and yours was even more interesting because you shared it from the Blue Chip freebie perspective. Thank you for sharing that side of things and what your net was by the end. Hope you do more of these in the future! 

Thank you so much. My first Blue Chip booking and keeping track of every penny was something I wanted to dedicate the time to do.  It was an awesome experience and very cost effective per day! 😊