‘Ignore’ Feature

In my experience, most all internet groups or forums have an ignore, mute or block feature that allows a user to hide individual members from one’s timeline. I can’t find such a feature here. If one exists, could someone please tell me where it may be found?

Thanks!

Edit: I found it. Profile > Settings > Ignored Users

Simply enter the screen name of the poster you wish to ignore in the Ignored Users text box

Edited by texasatty

@texasatty

Howdy from a fellow Texan!

You can also hover your cursor over their user name or avatar (Profile Photo) on one of their posts. A small screen will appear. On the bottom of the screen click Ignore in the small light blue button.

You will not see the ignored member's posts in the future. However, if anyone quotes any of the ignored member's posts you will see the quotes.

If you use the Follow feature for any threads or forums, when the ignored member posts on the followed thread or forum you will not get a notification of their post. Your Notifications will screen out your ignored members.

Also, I notice you did not use the Follow feature on this thread. suggest you use the Follow feature on any threads or forums where you are interested in the new posts. That way you will not have to go looking to see if there are new posts because they will come looking for you as Notifications! If you need more info on how to do it, please click the following: How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info)

Hope this additional information will be helpful!

Happy sails,

Host Kat

• 11 months later...
Posted (edited)

@Host Kat Hi - does an 'ignored' user know they that this has been set by the other member, ie. if they try to reply to a post from the member who set the ignore, will that message fail or be posted for everyone else to see ? 

Tks 

Edited by RetiredOnVacation
Add name