Anyone locked out when trying to book excursions?

We will be booking excursions on Saturday and are getting a little concerned. We've been looking at what we want to book and for the past two days we keep getting locked out. Today I was on the site looking at the excursions and I suddenly was locked out and the three cruises we have booked were gone. One of them finally came back but the other two never did. We called Viking yesterday twice and we kind of got it resolved, but today I've used the chat and they told me I had to reenter my booking numbers. I finally got back in but it was a long time before it even let me reenter my booking numbers.I am very concerned that I will get locked out while I'm trying to book excursions. Has anyone had that happen? 

• Like 1

My husband and I have two different MVJ login accounts. We rarely use his account, but we created it last year when we had MVJ issues. When I was locked out recently, we could log in on his account and all was fine. I sure hope that’s true next time, as our excursions open May 4. 

Edited by CDR2001

17 hours ago, LindaS272 said:

If you do get locked out when they open, get on the chat function & maybe the phone at the same time right away so they can book things for you.

Linda - we had to do that once.  Worked just fine!  Thanks for reminding me!

We also had 2 accounts and the situation where one was locked out but the other was not.  Nice to have a "backup".   MVJ seems to have lots of glitches.  Having spent a career in IT, I can just postulate that, like a number of companies, even today, budget allocations to systems is small and they don't realize the true value of working systems.  (You get what you pay for)

• Like 1

We have two different log in accounts as well. We've had both of them go down at times, but sometimes one of them will work better than the other. GO figure. It's just been the last week that things have gone nuts and we've had to call them and do chats nearly every time we get on. It seems like the more we've used it this week, the worse it's gotten. Such a classy cruise line, but technology is obviously not their high point! 

3 hours ago, Sunflower & The Scientist said:

We have two different log in accounts as well. We've had both of them go down at times, but sometimes one of them will work better than the other. GO figure. It's just been the last week that things have gone nuts and we've had to call them and do chats nearly every time we get on. It seems like the more we've used it this week, the worse it's gotten. Such a classy cruise line, but technology is obviously not their high point! 

Two accounts cannot do updates on a booking at the same time. It will create a database lock requiring you to log out.

Edited by OneSixtyToOne

I booked excursions on Monday and it was terrible. Error message after error message. Things in my cart that had already been paid for, things in my cart that weren’t actually there. Error in checkout multiple times. I just kept trying and 25 minutes later I miraculously had everything booked that I wanted, despite my checkout erroring 3 times for an excursion with only 4 spots left. 

WOW....thanks for the heads up. We book tomorrow and we are going to be ready to call them if we end up having problems. I'm not feeling very hopeful about this! 

12 hours ago, seaway.dells_0 said:

I booked excursions on Monday and it was terrible. Error message after error message. Things in my cart that had already been paid for, things in my cart that weren’t actually there. Error in checkout multiple times. I just kept trying and 25 minutes later I miraculously had everything booked that I wanted, despite my checkout erroring 3 times for an excursion with only 4 spots left. 

We booked excursions on Wednesday and had no problems. Only slight issue was daily calendar had all confirmed excursions, but the calendar summary didn’t have one included excursion in one port. I did a chat and rep assured me all was confirmed and sent me an invoice with all my paid and included selections, as well as a current pdf of all excursions for the cruise.

• Like 1

Today was our day to book excursions for our July 7 Adriatic and Mediterranean Sojourn.  I was happy that I was able to book everything we wanted without any hiccups.  Next will be the dinner reservations.

• Like 3

On 4/19/2023 at 9:01 AM, CDR2001 said:

My husband and I have two different MVJ login accounts. We rarely use his account, but we created it last year when we had MVJ issues. When I was locked out recently, we could log in on his account and all was fine. I sure hope that’s true next time, as our excursions open May 4. 

That is a great back-up plan!

For those who do have two log-ins, be aware that two people cannot be logged into your booking at the same time.  (And that includes that you and your travel agent cannot be logged in the same time).

We were able to get in to book excursions and it went smoothly.  Three of them did not show up on our calendar, but we called and they came up. As soon as we were done and we went over to just look at dinning as we can reserve those in a week. We were immediately locked out but finally were able to get back in on the account we had not used. Go figure. We're just happy we got everything we wanted. 

• Like 4