New to Royal Carribean and a few questions.

We usually do Princess, so first time on a short trip on navigator of the seas. A couple questions if anyone can answer any, it’s very appreciated!

1. Are there any good ballroom style music dance venues onboard (foxtrot, waltz, cha cha, etc)?

2. are children (age 9) allowed to do the escape room with adults present?
3. Is the suites lounge nice and do they include alcohol beverages complimentary?
4. Anyone done the refreshment package and is it worth it?  I drink but prefer to mix mocktails in to avoid drinking too much. Are non alcoholic beers included in it?

also if anyone has any recommendations for good shows or things they liked. We are traveling small group with children 8-9 years of age. Been so long since i cruised now and feeling lost. Plus this ship seems to offer way more activities then princess, which is more understated. So feeling overwhelmed a little. 🤷‍♀️

1 hour ago, Mslmesq said:

3. Is the suites lounge nice and do they include alcohol beverages complimentary?

Usually limited to age 12 and above.

Nice is subjective but you can get free drinks during the nightly happy hour.

No to ballroom dancing.  

I haven't done the escape room myself, but I've heard that it's hard -- too much for a child. Regardless, I wouldn't want to send a 9-year old in to interact with a bunch of strangers.  Instead, count on Adventure Ocean to provide him (or her?) with age-appropriate activities.  My kids LOVED Adventure Ocean. 

No one can tell you whether the refreshment package will be worth it to you.  Count up how many drinks you'd likely have during the day and consider the price of the package for your specific cruise.

1 hour ago, Mslmesq said:

We usually do Princess, so first time on a short trip on navigator of the seas. A couple questions if anyone can answer any, it’s very appreciated!

1. Are there any good ballroom style music dance venues onboard (foxtrot, waltz, cha cha, etc)?

4. Anyone done the refreshment package and is it worth it?  I drink but prefer to mix mocktails in to avoid drinking too much. Are non alcoholic beers included in it?

also if anyone has any recommendations for good shows or things they liked. We are traveling small group with children 8-9 years of age. Been so long since i cruised now and feeling lost. Plus this ship seems to offer way more activities then princess, which is more understated. So feeling overwhelmed a little. 🤷‍♀️

suites lounge is ok. Depending on what ship for complimentary drinks. Oasis class and odyssee class there is a happy hour for beer and wine from 11-11. sometimes the bartender will pour a mixed cocktail. depends on bartender.

the drinks are usually $12-$14 per drink plus gratuity of 18% so do the math on how many you would have per day and then price the current cost for the package

Hi guys. Thanks so much for the responses!

on the dance venues, i guess are there any dance venues on the ship. I can dance ballroom to a lot of music. Lol

and on drinks, I don’t mean the price as much as the quality and vareity of non alcoholic beverages. (Ie, mocktails, coffee and tea drinks, etc). Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Mslmesq said:

on the dance venues, i guess are there any dance venues on the ship. I can dance ballroom to a lot of music. 

Boleros might work for that.

Bartenders can make just about any drink you can think of - quality will depend on your palate.

• Like 1

Navigator suite happy hour is usually from 5 to 8, unlimited beverages. Finger foods. Hot and cold items. Also continental breakfast with a coffee machine with some free coffees like latte. A pitcher of OJ. Water. Enough to have a bite of breakfast in the morning.  

The post above with oasis happy hour ... navigator does not offer beer from 11 am. Navigator isnt oasis class. 

People do dance but it's not ballroom. Dance however you want. Silent disco is 2 channels and people dance to whichever they want with head phones on. 

Navigator...

Dance venues are also at the Star Lounge and Viking Crown Lounge.

The Suite Lounge is located adjacent to the VCL offering wonderful views and complimentary drinks nightly between 5-8pm. (And a great coffee machine ...self-serve...all day long)

IMHO, the Navigator has some of the best bartenders...they will accomodate you to any mocktail you please.

* Don't miss the Ice Show...the best in the fleet. 

* Your 8 and 9 yr. old can ice skate, climb the rock wall, do the Flowrider, and do the (single and double) waterslides.  Not to mention a full court basketball and a top-notch (golf) putting green. All complimentary.

* Caveat: Short (3 and 4 night cruises), on the Navigator can be "festive" with lots of drinkers...especially the 3-night weekend "booze" cruise. Happy sailing!

For dancing, the Star Lounge will have various types of music throughout the trip. Check the Compass each day to see what is happening.

Get your kids enrolled in the Adventure Ocean program. There will be A LOT of activities for them to participate in. Insist that they go on the first night, that is when friendships will start to form and they'll learn about all of the activities planned for the cruise.

As was mentioned earlier, do not miss the ice show.

• 3 months later...