Elite minibar setup

Kineticoh20

1 hour ago, Kineticoh20 said:

We have finally joined the club. Can somebody be kinda specific on what your offered? Looking forward to our upcoming cruise as Elite.

8 minis of booze, usually 2 each gin, vodka, scotch, and whiskey. 2 beers. 6 sodas. 2 still water. 2 sparkling water.

You can change like for like, ie swap the whiskey for more gin or sodas for different flavors, etc  You can swap all of it for all soda, or all for all waters. Or swap entire set-up for a bottle of wine from their short list. 

Call room service to indicate the swaps you want to make. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

There are three active mini-bar threads right now.  Perhaps one is enough?

A little rude! sorry to trigger you in this way. My question was not answered in other threads hus the question. Have a nice day!

• Like 4

Our original set-up, when it finally got to us, was 2 scotch, 2 gin and 4 brandy.  Beers, club soda and tonic.  It took a while, but we were finally able to get them switched out for Canadian whiskey and vodka.  Switched out club soda for cola/sprite.

• Like 1

We had our first mini bar on our April 1 cruise.  It was like reedprincess said "8 minis of booze, usually 2 each gin, vodka, scotch, and whiskey. 2 beers. 6 sodas. 2 still water. 2 sparkling water."   I called room service and had the regular sodas, sparkling water and still water all switched to Diet Coke.  It came up within an hour or so.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, wrongwaywatson said:

We had our first mini bar on our April 1 cruise.  It was like reedprincess said "8 minis of booze, usually 2 each gin, vodka, scotch, and whiskey. 2 beers. 6 sodas. 2 still water. 2 sparkling water."   I called room service and had the regular sodas, sparkling water and still water all switched to Diet Coke.  It came up within an hour or so.

We made a list of what we wanted and gave it to our Cabin Steward....we only drink vodka so all were switched out for that. A few times they gave us a 375ml bottle in place of the mini bottles.  We switch out the the sodas for still and sparkling water.
It made the switch the same day that we gave him the list.

23 hours ago, Guardsy said:

Our original set-up, when it finally got to us, was 2 scotch, 2 gin and 4 brandy.  Beers, club soda and tonic.  It took a while, but we were finally able to get them switched out for Canadian whiskey and vodka.  Switched out club soda for cola/sprite.

What is the Canadian Whiskey you received? We have never received any whiskey other than the crappy Scotch (Dewar's White Label). We have - at times - received Cognac (Courvoisier), and Gin (Gordon's), and Vodka (Sky) but never Canadian Whiskey.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2023 at 2:36 PM, Thrak said:

What is the Canadian Whiskey you received? We have never received any whiskey other than the crappy Scotch (Dewar's White Label). We have - at times - received Cognac (Courvoisier), and Gin (Gordon's), and Vodka (Sky) but never Canadian Whiskey.

Canadian Club.  The extra .375 bottle they sent to the suite was Jim Beam Bourbon.

On 4/19/2023 at 5:31 PM, reedprincess said:

8 minis of booze, usually 2 each gin, vodka, scotch, and whiskey. 2 beers. 6 sodas. 2 still water. 2 sparkling water.

You can change like for like, ie swap the whiskey for more gin or sodas for different flavors, etc  You can swap all of it for all soda, or all for all waters. Or swap entire set-up for a bottle of wine from their short list. 

Call room service to indicate the swaps you want to make. 

We also just advanced, but the mini bar never arrived without me calling room service on the 3rd evening. By then, they only had Vodka and Scotch left. We don’t drink beer, so we got mostly soft drinks and water. 

24 minutes ago, kokopelli-az said:

Here's what we had on the Caribbean Princess in June 2022 and April 2023.

A free mini bar.jpg

That second one is way short.  We have yet to not receive our full entitlement, including the custom requests.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

That second one is way short.  We have yet to not receive our full entitlement, including the custom requests.

The second photo had all the mixes etc in the room but I didn't take a pic of them.   We did not ask to swap anything out (there have been 8 little bottles total each time) because we had the drink package and just took the little bottles home.   

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, westwind6371 said:

It will be our first time in a suite this September, on the Caribbean Princess.

We are both elite, can we expect a mini bar set up for the suite and one for elite status, or just one, regardless.

Fair winds

Dave

Two.

Yes, you will get two mini bar set ups.  One will be in the room when you get there.  You can call room service and/or steward (varies by ship) to get the second.  Plus, you get 2 bottles of water starting with the second night.  @Steelers36 is quick on the draw.

Has anyone tried to exchange the beer for Michelob or something better than the Dos Equis?  

6 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Yes, you will get two mini bar set ups.  One will be in the room when you get there.  You can call room service and/or steward (varies by ship) to get the second.  Plus, you get 2 bottles of water starting with the second night.  @Steelers36 is quick on the draw.

Has anyone tried to exchange the beer for Michelob or something better than the Dos Equis?  

Yes.  Other choices on the beer menu are possible.  I was surprised last Fall that I got some Grolsch when I asked.  At the very least, you can select other beers at same or similar price point.

They will no longer swap out anything at all on Royal Princess. What I got was what I got. I asked the room steward and room service. They said they no longer switch anything out. A bit disappointed but I had Princess Plus for that sailing. It will irk me more if this is fleet-wide and continues on ships that I don't have Princess Plus on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, kokopelli-az said:

There was also a private cocktail party for suite guests to meet the senior officers.    

Attached is the list that was in our room listing the suite perks.

001.jpg

002.jpg

Wow, we have never seen a party for just suite guests, including Caribbean Princess last year.

Edited by Colorado Coasty
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, SwimCarrie said:

They will no longer swap out anything at all on Royal Princess. What I got was what I got. I asked the room steward and room service. They said they no longer switch anything out. A bit disappointed but I had Princess Plus for that sailing. It will irk me more if this is fleet-wide and continues on ships that I don't have Princess Plus on. 

Again, is this ship specific?  I was able to do so on my Diamond Princess Cruise last month.

I've never had an invite to meet the officers.

360 is only available on select ships.

1 minute ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Again, is this ship specific?  I was able to do so on my Diamond Princess Cruise last month.

I've never had an invite to meet the officers.

360 is only available on select ships.

I sure hope so! We'll see on my upcoming sailings.