What's the Coffee like

asdf1245

Best wishes for your voyage, @asdf1245.

Britannia cabins have a kettle, tea bags, and instant coffee, but not coffee pod machines.  Princess and Queens grill have coffee pod machines.  Elsewhere on the ship, free coffee is available from room service, in the MDR, deck 9 Lido, and Grills lounge and restaurants (if in PG/QG).  Paid barista coffee is available from Deck2 Cafe Carinthia. 

The quality?  Depends on how much of a coffee enthusiast you are.  I find it adequate for my addiction, particularly in the MDR and Grills restaurants. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, QM2_SYD said:

Britannia Club staterooms also come with a coffee pod machine.

Thanks - I wasn't sure about BC on QE.  I've only done BC on QM2.  Good to know.

2 hours ago, 2Oldpeopleinlove said:

Anyone know whether rowers can request a pod machine and get it?  (We could forgo the mess of room service if we could have adequate coffee in the cabin first thing, but after getting used to Nespresso at home, instant doesn’t work.)

Not sure they would be able to share machines with the different class cabins.

15 hours ago, 2Oldpeopleinlove said:

Anyone know whether rowers can request a pod machine and get it?  (We could forgo the mess of room service if we could have adequate coffee in the cabin first thing, but after getting used to Nespresso at home, instant doesn’t work.)

I don't know if this is possible. My alternative was to buy a travel cup from the gift shop and make a quick visit (or two ... or three) to the King's Court each morning. Nice travel cup, by the way; still use it. Had it packed (with socks) for our April 30th departure  :( Still sitting on a pier in Brooklyn as far as I know, but I'm assured I'll get it back soon.

17 hours ago, 2Oldpeopleinlove said:

You could borrow ours.🙂

I always take our instant coffee with us as I prefer it to anything else.

We’re also coffee lovers and we always travel with a filter cup system to make fresh filter coffee - they do the plastic cup variety in the UK that you just place on top of a cup/mug and pour hot water over and makes a lovely filter coffee.  Coffee bags are pretty good too and pack easily! I’m not a huge fan of instant coffee - think I’ve tried every brand now, so the plastic cup or coffee bags could be an option if you don’t have a pod machine in your room and haven’t found an instant coffee that you enjoy.  Happy travels 😀

On 4/23/2023 at 4:55 PM, sfred said:

Britannia cabins have a kettle, tea bags, and instant coffee, but not coffee pod machines.  Princess and Queens grill have coffee pod machines.  Elsewhere on the ship, free coffee is available from room service, in the MDR, deck 9 Lido, and Grills lounge and restaurants (if in PG/QG).  Paid barista coffee is available from Deck2 Cafe Carinthia. 

The quality?  Depends on how much of a coffee enthusiast you are.  I find it adequate for my addiction, particularly in the MDR and Grills restaurants. 

I believe also at Connexions Deck 2 or 3 forward.

Roy 

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I believe also at Connexions Deck 2 or 3 forward.

Roy 

On deck 2 - it was closed on our October/November sailing, and it looked then like the coffee machine was cannibalized for parts to fix one of the Kings Court machines. The COVID restrictions were just easing, so I assume it was closed before our sailing as part of mitigation attempts.

Perhaps it was back online for the world cruise, or they can take advantage of a couple of weeks of downtime to fix things.

• Thanks 1

Well I guess its bring some Coffee Bags with us, so we can make our own Coffee.   I have to say I find Cruise Ship Coffee regardless of the Cruise Line to be extremely ordinary at best.

On 4/24/2023 at 6:55 AM, sfred said:

Thanks can't wait.