If you are seen in the clinic and intend to file for reimbursement through your travel insurance...

roysue

My husband was seen in the medical clinic for a sinus infection on the Regal..  We need a copy of his medical record to file with our travel insurance for reimbursement.  Save yourself a headache and get the medical record while on board.  There is a fee to get them on board, but it will save you a lot of trouble.  Requesting them on line is a big hassle (at least it was for me).  If you have any specific questions, just let me know.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, roysue said:

My husband was seen in the medical clinic for a sinus infection on the Regal..  We need a copy of his medical record to file with our travel insurance for reimbursement.  Save yourself a headache and get the medical record while on board.  There is a fee to get them on board, but it will save you a lot of trouble.  Requesting them on line is a big hassle (at least it was for me).  If you have any specific questions, just let me know.

also request a copy of your on board folio - showing the charge to your cabin, and that it has been paid in full ... been there, done that.  Get a paper copy while on board, don't wait for the email ...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

also request a copy of your on board folio - showing the charge to your cabin, and that it has been paid in full ... been there, done that.  Get a paper copy while on board, don't wait for the email ...

Yes you have to show the bill was paid for any insurance to pay. I have used it for Covid snd broken ribs and had it covered by my Medicare advantage plan

Submitted a claim for the med center on the royal   they advised us we had to submit to Medicare and our suplemental insurance first.  We had submitted all the correct forms which we had before leaving the ship. This took 4 months going thru all 3 insurances before we were reimbursed.  

We have Medicare A + B…under those you chose which specific plan you wanted when you initially signed up …plan F covers international…thank goodness our plan advisor knew what he was doing…we used it for reimbursement…the additional monthly $35 is a bargain compared to over $18,000 in med expenses

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, trvlwrld said:

We have Medicare A + B…under those you chose which specific plan you wanted when you initially signed up …plan F covers international…thank goodness our plan advisor knew what he was doing…we used it for reimbursement…the additional monthly $35 is a bargain compared to over $18,000 in med expenses

Our 'no-cost' Medicare Advantage plan covered all costs on board, about $1,200 (except the medical records copy fee) when I passed out on the deck of the REGAL while docked in Grand Turk.  My thru Princess AON coverage picked up the deductible portion on my ER, Primary, and Cardiologist after visits

My total out-of-pocket costs was the $28 records fee  And remember to be aware - your medical fees on board are charged to your folio and must be settled upon departure from the ship.  Hopefully, they can make 'arrangements' for extreme on board costs.

• Like 2

Huh, charging for medical records?  Must be new since last fall.  Wife had almost $700 in charges.  Got the statements delivered to the cabin by the room steward with no charge.  Submitted to Medicare when we got home, filed with AON and two months later had a check.  Maybe just good luck or timing.  

5 minutes ago, CreamsicleCatMom said:

How much did a cost to get seen on board? If you didn’t plan to go through your insurance. Thanks. 

Doctor Consultation, Office Hours, Level 2 Moderate to High complexity - $129

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, wallyworld1059 said:

Huh, charging for medical records?  Must be new since last fall.  Wife had almost $700 in charges.  Got the statements delivered to the cabin by the room steward with no charge.  Submitted to Medicare when we got home, filed with AON and two months later had a check.  Maybe just good luck or timing.  

They don’t charge for medical records if it’s covid related.  Other issues they normally charge.  

Of course, subject to change after the emergency covid rules end in the US on May 11, 23.  Then, IDK.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Shippy said:

We were fortunate enough to get the 'F' plan when I retired.

I do not think you can get that anymore.

Correct.   Now the similar plan is 'G'.   Only difference is that Medigap plans are no longer allowed to cover the roughly $200 deductible -- that's the only difference between the older plan F and the newer plan G.

Mary

3 hours ago, CreamsicleCatMom said:

How much did a cost to get seen on board? If you didn’t plan to go through your insurance. Thanks. 

You will have to pay on board they don’t take insurance. Then you can file with your medical provider if they take international charges

• Haha 1

I had to go to the medical center after experiencing an Afib incident.  They provided an itemized bill no charge, however, the cost for a full report (mine was 7 pages + EKG results) was $28 if I wanted it.  I was told that I would only need the itemized bill to submit to insurance, but wanted the entire report just be sure.  Travel insurance covered my entire $1600 bill.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pklein9747 said:

I had to go to the medical center after experiencing an Afib incident. 

Out of curiosity, did you get cardioverted onboard?   $1600 is a bargain if so. 

We bailed on one particular itinerary this winter because there were more than five days between ports with reasonable opportunities to get zapped if DH went out of rhythm, and I wasn’t able to identify anyone who had experienced an elective DCCV onboard.  DH does not approve of my plan to DIY it with a used LifePak and a stop at a Mexican “farmacia alta especialidad” early in the trip for anaesthetic.  His EP wasn’t sure how deeply they’d be willing to sedate onboard.  

On 4/24/2023 at 7:53 PM, mevs904 said:

This is interesting.  I thought that Medicare Advantage didn’t cover claims outside of the country.  We’re these international cruises?

Most people are surprised and confused about international coverage. Our Advantage Plan covers us internationally (evacuation included!) for a $90.00 co-pay. This is of course not for a routine visit.

The Supplemental Plans cover you internationally with a 20% co-pay and a LIFETIME MAXIMUM of 50K.

We love our Regence Advantage Plan and it saves us a TON of money, includes dental and prescriptions.

21 hours ago, VibeGuy said:

Out of curiosity, did you get cardioverted onboard?   $1600 is a bargain if so. 

No.  This was my very first Afib incident.  It was determined I was dehydrated which caused the Afib.  Once I received fluids, it corrected itself.

• Like 2