Please allow me to vent

Going on a RCCL cruise on May 11.  I check the cruise planner every day.  We had purchased the 2-night specialty dining.  Yesterday the 3-night dining was advertised for only $10 more.  Of course, when I tried to book it, it said sold out.  Tried several times on several different devices, no luck.  Now today the 3-night package is back to the price it has been for months, and guess what?  I CAN BOOK IT.  I hate RCCL website.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, masspector said:

Going on a RCCL cruise on May 11.  I check the cruise planner every day.  We had purchased the 2-night specialty dining.  Yesterday the 3-night dining was advertised for only $10 more.  Of course, when I tried to book it, it said sold out.  Tried several times on several different devices, no luck.  Now today the 3-night package is back to the price it has been for months, and guess what?  I CAN BOOK IT.  I hate RCCL website.

Several people reported that glitch yesterday. it was not just you.

I've had the same issue for a 7 night package for Wonder  - January, 2024.    It is often posted at $199 one day but when I click to buy it is sold out,  and  then $260 the next and readily available.  This pattern has been in place since we booked the cruises a few weeks ago.  Frustrating! 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

4 minutes ago, masspector said:

I've seen the exact same, saw it just a couple of hours ago today!! A couple of days ago the Chops+1 package was the same...lower cost...was sold out..."regular" cost was available. The other thing I get a kick out of are the reservation times. The reservation times for the individual restaurants, much more times available over the less desireable times of the packages.

Not the same but I'm seeing just booking 1 dining venue on dec 3 flick in and out. One time showed 3 sold out. Later same night 1 sold out. Then a few days later another venue sold out. .. just 2nd leg of a b2b2b seems to play games. Wondered if more people booking but perhaps IT. 

27 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I've had the same issue for a 7 night package for Wonder  - January, 2024.    It is often posted at $199 one day but when I click to buy it is sold out,  and  then $260 the next and readily available.  This pattern has been in place since we booked the cruises a few weeks ago.  

M

Yep, it's an ongoing glitch. I've even seen $183.99 for my Wonder cruise in June.

29 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I've had the same issue for a 7 night package for Wonder  - January, 2024.    It is often posted at $199 one day but when I click to buy it is sold out,  and  then $260 the next and readily available.  This pattern has been in place since we booked the cruises a few weeks ago.  Frustrating! 

M

Found this same scenario for our August WN sailing.  So pathetic.  

Same thing here, tried yesterday to cancel/rebook 3 nte pkg at $94.99 pp.  Got the same message, sold out, how do you sell out of a 3 nte dining pkg?  Called RCCL, agent couldn't help me, she saw $116.99 on her screen...so we both thought it was a glitch in the web.  Anyway, wound up keeping it at the original cost of $116.99 pp.

23 hours ago, masspector said:

Seems interesting that so many seem to think it is a glitch . I would class a glitch as something that happens once , maybe twice . When it is an ongoing occurance , I would look for a different explanation. 

Seems logical to me that it is an attempt to draw interest to something ( At the low price) , people get the idea in their head for something they would not otherwise have done , (but now they're excited for it ) , In the hopes that people will then book at a higher price anyhow..

....VERY Sketchy !!!

Cheers

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

RCI IT explains a lot of things, including glitches - no need to look for conspiracies.

What I suggest is not conspiracy. 

Sometimes it is very convenient to blame things on incompetence. Looking a little deeper to figure out if something is to be gained from the problem is just smart... not conspiracy theory