Jubilee is now floating!

34 minutes ago, JimmyTheSaint said:

Does anyone know when bookings begin for Jubilee? We'd be very interested in doing a Transatlantic sailing if and when it's available.

Bookings were opened January 2022. There was a transatlantic plan originally but it had to be canceled due to shipyard delays.

52 minutes ago, kelkel2 said:

Does this play a live view or just a still picture? This is pretty cool!! 

Just a picture, they add one outside when the ships are transferred to there. Meyer Werft is the only one that has it so you can imagine how I felt when Jubilee was announced to be built there! The webcam is very cool! 😁

• Like 1

On 4/26/2023 at 12:26 PM, JimmyTheSaint said:

Does anyone know when bookings begin for Jubilee? We'd be very interested in doing a Transatlantic sailing if and when it's available.

Ugh sore point.

I was booked on that TransAtlantic, but it was cancelled back in December.  You can book right now sailings start December 2023!!  Pretty tight for the first couple of months of sailing, and expensive because its a brand new ship, but I was able to get a bunch of rooms for a big group of family and friends in March.

On 4/25/2023 at 5:10 PM, CarnivalShips480 said:

Jubilee is now floating! Still inside at Meyer Werft, will probably stay for awhile.

2020_03_19_Halle_6_W466

2020_03_19_Halle_6_2_W466

What ship is that next to her going up?

It looks like an excel but the Jubilee is the last excell that is on order. 

Edited by Squirreladd

We have a B2B booked for 1/20/2024 and 1/27/2024.  Booked the first leg a long time ago and just decided to do the B2B last week.  The cabin we were in was not available so we had to settle for a cabin not too far away from the first one.  This is the first time we are doing a B2B where we had to change cabins.  Not really looking forward to that but, oh well.  Just happy to find a cabin as close as we did.  We wanted to find another suite for the second leg but there wasn't one close and the cost had more than doubled since we booked the first cabin.  😞  We are just concerned that the completion date will slip causing the cancellation of cruises through January.  We hope that our concern is unfounded.

On 4/28/2023 at 10:26 PM, Squirreladd said:

Found it on their website, Either Mein Schiff 7 or Disney treasure. 

I hope Disney has better luck with the Treasure than they are with the Wish.  All kinds of issues - mostly mechanical  on that one.

6 hours ago, asalligo said:

Booked on the Jubilee for January 2024, Just need them to delay the release date for three weeks so that my cruise is first. I am sure that no one will mind. 

Actually, you don't want that.  My sister ended up being on the 1st Mardi Gras sailing.  Granted, this was also coming out of the whole pandemic thing but, they were not on top of their game at the time. That 1st sailing was not even, technically, the inaugural cruise.  I think they celebrated that 1 month or so after that sailing. On any new ship there will be bugs that need to be worked out.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2023 at 6:33 AM, Rudyard said:

I feel your pain. I was booked on the third sailing out of Galveston after the TA. 

For those of us who had the T/A cancelled. I had a friend on the Celebration T/A and he and his family were extremely let down.  I heard during the crossing the ship didn't have near enough supplies and bars were depleted a couple days into the crossing.  He also said the "vibe" on the ship was billed a celebratory (no pun intended) sailing, but felt none of that.  This opinion was, according to him , shared by many on the ship.  

I take him at his word as he has always been upfront about everything.  My first impression when I got my cancellation notice was twofold:

1- There was a glitch in pricing at somepoint and fare went from the original $3000+ down to $500 for an extended balcony on the port side.

2- They had too many complaints from the Celebration crossing and decided it wasn't worth going through that again.

I am not saying either of those are "real", just my first impressions.  I truly believe we will never know the real reason as it looks like the Jubilee is moving along nicely.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pc_load_letter said:

So is it essentially the same design as MG and Celebration just with different decor and names of venues?

Yes, they are all part of the Excellence class. Jubilee has a few more staterooms than Celebration, which has a few more than Mardi Gras, but aside from that, and the differences in venues, they are the same ship.