Quantum

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I've seen loungers stacked like that on ships we've been on but always against the side of the superstructure, never against the railings like in that photo. 

Usually, not always. I won't comment further, as my previous on-topic post has been removed. 

2 hours ago, vozzie said:

Deck chairs stacked up or not...if I wanted to get over the railing I would find a way !

But look at it the other way - there is the possibility it could have been accidental with those loungers stacked like that if he was fooling around 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

But look at it the other way - there is the possibility it could have been accidental with those loungers stacked like that if he was fooling around 

I think they know what happened, as it was reported to have been caught on camera.

On 4/28/2023 at 11:59 AM, possum52 said:

That article doesn't make sense - the lawyer (who does have an anti cruise-line  bias) stated it is legislation in the US to have an Automatic Man Overboard system in place. But Quantum sails in US waters so wouldn't she have the system in place? Or is he saying it is turned off in other waters? Or that Royal Caribbean CL doesn't obey US laws?

I was out a bit on my previous response, as I have been doing a bit of light reading since. There is a difference between the interpretation of the CVSSA law as responded to Pete Stefanovic, and the way the cruise industry interprets it. The legislation was intended toward an automated system, but has a minimum requirement of image capturing of anything/one that goes overboard. Cruise ships in the US meet that requirement and abide by the law.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, arxcards said:

I was out a bit on my previous response, as I have been doing a bit of light reading since. There is a difference between the interpretation of the CVSSA law as responded to Pete Stefanovic, and the way the cruise industry interprets it. The legislation was intended toward an automated system, but has a minimum requirement of image capturing of anything/one that goes overboard. Cruise ships in the US meet that requirement and abide by the law.

Thanks Geoff.

• Like 1

Well another  Person  has fell over board just a week after the Quatum of the Seas  

The Spirit Of Tasmania  left Geelong and about 8:50pm  a Body of a Cheltenham man was found in Port Philip  bay .

The spirit had to return back to Geelong

According to Herald Sun