No More Veuve, No More Grey Goose

gmbhardy

1 hour ago, dbrown84 said:

Funny.  I had the exact same question when I started seeing all the posts about this.  I thought I was the only person in the world that never heard of it.  Like you, I'm not a champagne drinker 

I refer ti Veuve because that is the champagne that they served. It is a good champagne, but other brands are available. Pommery sounds good, although there really should be a non Rose option.

12 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

I refer ti Veuve because that is the champagne that they served. It is a good champagne, but other brands are available. Pommery sounds good, although there really should be a non Rose option.

According to the NEW Drink Menus Pommery Rose is now the ONLY Champagne available.

• Like 1

Just boarded Encore today, can confirm the change but pool bar still had some bottles of Veuve left. Perhaps unpopular opinion but had a glass of the Pommery in Taste at lunch and it was fabulous!! I honestly prefer it now. Give it a try, you might think the same. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, maren91 said:

had a glass of the Pommery in Taste at lunch and it was fabulous!! I honestly prefer it now. Give it a try, you might think the same. 

It really is isn't it, we loved it.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SakeDad said:

According to the NEW Drink Menus Pommery Rose is now the ONLY Champagne available.

Yes, I’m aware of that. This whole thread has been discussing it.

What I meant was that whilst I have been referring to Veuve on these boards I could just as easily typed champagne, or whatever brand NCL were serving. After my next cruise I will probably say Pommery.

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

I've not read the attachment, but doing very well financially probably doesn't even scratch the surface of the debt, which explains the cost cutting.

There are some very hard years ahead for all the cruise lines, regardless of their profitability before interest, and then they need to pay down the debt.

Are they cash flow positive without the future prepayments from passengers?

16 hours ago, maren91 said:

Just boarded Encore today, can confirm the change but pool bar still had some bottles of Veuve left. Perhaps unpopular opinion but had a glass of the Pommery in Taste at lunch and it was fabulous!! I honestly prefer it now. Give it a try, you might think the same. 

This is encouraging.

17 hours ago, maren91 said:

Thanks, looking forward to trying something new!

11 minutes ago, skjppm said:

Anybody got any more updates? Were you able to speak to a supervisor? We booked the premium plus package too and were looking forward to the champagne .....

Got a pretty solid Veuve is by the bottle only, I do have to say I like the pommery rose a lot and Veuve by the glass is available in Le Bistro.  Had two glasses with dinner lastnight

• Like 3

Oh my. I was considering another NCL cruise just for the Vueve Clicquot in the Premium package. We enjoyed that so much during our holiday cruise. I'll revise my plans now. 

• Like 2

As noted above, this is very frustrating - we just finalized full payment for an August cruise and paid for the premium beverage package.   We have a deposit on another cruise and haven't pulled the trigger on the PBP but when I put it in my cart - check out the price point.   

It's clearly an error - but WOW!

whoa.JPG

22 minutes ago, TPgal said:

As noted above, this is very frustrating - we just finalized full payment for an August cruise and paid for the premium beverage package.   We have a deposit on another cruise and haven't pulled the trigger on the PBP but when I put it in my cart - check out the price point.   

It's clearly an error - but WOW!

whoa.JPG

I think this is the package price, not the upgrade price.  Not an error.  This is what you would be paying if you didn't book Free at Sea with your room. 

• Like 1

Its just kinda strange.....you purchase a product(s) and then the cruise line changes it without notifying you....and no explanations...just taking it off the list....something that you purchased...and paid good money for....hmmmmmm

• Like 2

I continue to be bewildered over all the lamenting cruise travelers constantly have, simply because they allow others to exploit their groomed and socialized  "need" for alcohol.

The subsequent massive overcharges for it should surprise no one.

Just go without it

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, tscoffey said:

I continue to be bewildered over all the lamenting cruise travelers constantly have, simply because they allow others to exploit their groomed and socialized  "need" for alcohol.

The subsequent massive overcharges for it should surprise no one.

Just go without it

Judge much?

• Like 12

2 hours ago, njsmom said:

Judge much?

Oh now, that's just silly.

We could dine together in the main dining room and I wouldn't care the least what you were drinking. Now, should you decide to complain about the price of your glass of wine, or beer, cocktail, or liquor, you will forgive me if I indulge my curiosity a bit and ask you the logical question, "So why are you paying for it?" (all while sipping my complimentary iced tea, and yes, with a wry smile).

Look, if you're going to participate in the pricing game the cruise lines have, where they know that you --

1) have much disposable income (hey, you can afford to cruise, right?)

2) like most people, grew up socialized to expect alcohol

3) have no other recourse to get it, except through them

-- then you can hardly complain when they do the obvious thing and attempt to monetize the situation by vastly overcharging for it. (The top tier drink package on my next 14-day cruise is 60% of what I paid per person for a balcony. All that extra money to essentially stress your liver and kidneys, and make your urine smell funny. Oh, and the hangovers, or worse. I can take an entire extra cruise every 2 years for that price!)

Look, the logical response to the situation is simple: Don't participate in the game.

But if you do, don't expect too much sympathy when you complain about it.

Don't get upset with me for pointing all this out to you. I just figured out by age 15 that growing up and being an adult doesn't have to include alcohol. But I admit I thought differently than my peers.

Edited by tscoffey
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, tscoffey said:

Oh now, that's just silly.

We could dine together in the main dining room and I wouldn't care the least what you were drinking. Now, should you decide to complain about the price of your glass of wine, or beer, cocktail, or liquor, you will forgive me if I indulge my curiosity a bit and ask you the logical question, "So why are you paying for it?" (all while sipping my complimentary iced tea, and yes, with a wry smile).

Look, if you're going to participate in the pricing game the cruise lines have, where they know that you --

1) have much disposable income (hey, you can afford to cruise, right?)

2) like most people, grew up socialized to expect alcohol

3) have no other recourse to get it, except through them

-- then you can hardly complain when they do the obvious thing and attempt to monetize the situation by vastly overcharging for it. (The top tier drink package on my next 14-day cruise is 60% of what I paid per person for a balcony. All that extra money to essentially stress your liver and kidneys, and make your urine smell funny. Oh, and the hangovers, or worse. I can take an entire extra cruise every 2 years for that price!)

Look, the logical response to the situation is simple: Don't participate in the game.

But if you do, don't expect too much sympathy when you complain about it.

Don't get upset with me for pointing all this out to you. I just figured out by age 15 that growing up and being an adult doesn't have to include alcohol. But I admit I thought differently than my peers.

Congratulations. You’ve just posted the most condescending comment I’ve ever read on CC.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 5

Agreed that is the most condescending and flat out stupid comment I have read on this forum.  Why would you 1. Spend the time to click on this thread and 2. Post about how you think it is a waste money essentially? When we want better booze because we don't want iced tea and want what was sold to us?  It is not us demanding something, it is the bait and switch.  

• Like 13

"The nice thing about having the PLUS package is I can order and taste anything and if I don't like it order something else. This way I can avoid all the tasting classes...lol"

Unfortunately, the list below is not much at all. 17 wines, not always available and not all decent either.

Champagne: Pommery Rosé • White Wines: Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio, Chateau Ste. Michelle & Dr. Loosen “Eroica” Riesling, Il Borro by Salvatore Ferragamo Chardonnay, La Crema Chardonnay, Terrazas de los Andes “Reserva” Chardonnay • Red Wines: Argyle Pinot Noir, Louis Jadot Pinot Noir, Doglioti Barolo, Duckhorn Vineyards Merlot, Terrazas de los Andes “Reserva” Malbec, Buglioni Il Bugiardo Ripasso Valpolicella, Cellier Des Princes Ch Du Pape, Leonardo Davinci Brunello di Montalcino, Il Borro by Salvatore Ferragamo Pian Di Nova, Celeste Crianza Ribera Del Duero Tempranillo, Silverado Vineyards, Decoy Cabernet Sauvignon, and Dow’s “Quinta do Bomfim”Porto • Non-Alcohol Wine by the Bottle

• Like 2