The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday April 29th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

40 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

Happy late Saturday afternoon from a very sunny Western Colorado!  There is barely a cloud in the sky and it is finally in the 70's.  Many things are finally blooming, although rather late in the season.

First of all, many thanks to @StLouisCruisersand Rich for the Daily, the F&B department, and the Care/Congratulations list keepers!!  Without all of you and the rest of the marvelous posters, how would we be able to share so much.  @superoma, you can please remove me and my step-son from the Cares.  He can be in the rotation for a while, until the melanoma procedure is definitive.  

Finally got my plastic surgery scheduled.  It will be late Wednesday afternoon under general anesthesia, and then another session about 3-4 weeks later.  I am not looking forward to it, as the doctor has indicated it will be the more involved procedure which he feels will yield the best outcome.  But the doctor knows best!  My precious step-daughter will stay with me for the first 24 hours at home, or more, if needed.

Think I am finally getting caught up after the cruise.  Finally finished the last of the laundry yesterday, and wrote some miscellaneous checks this morning. I am truly not sure that I could ever plan an extended cruise of more than 30 days.  Guess I am just getting old and hesitant about working things out!

My prayers for all on the Cares list, and I will raise a glass (of Coke) to all those celebrating!  

Have a great evening everyone.

Mary Kay

Will do. All the best

• Like 12

3 hours ago, marshhawk said:

And now for the news, Holland called the BFF so many times about an upgrade that he upgraded himself to his own cabin.  Which is great I guess, but he moves to an interior, and we have a window.  HIs new Holland BFF says they will try to place him near us.  He says he did it so that he wont bother us when he gets up in the mornings.  I hope he doesnt go crazy in an interior cabin.  On the other hand, we will still be on vacation together, and DH and I have privacy.  It is nice to walk out of a shower and not worry about who is in the room.  Which is of course why I booked separate hotel rooms.  Well, the only thing constant is change, so I guess DH is now in charge of our cabin.

I am surprised that I’m enjoying my inside cabin as much as I am. It’s so nice having it totally dark when I sleep. I have a daily routine and don’t miss a window while getting ready. I definitely get my sea view time when out and about. 

• Like 14

50 minutes ago, lobsternight said:

@dfishdon't worry, we have lots of hall boxes too lol.  The only time it was clear was post cardiac surgery for me.  Told DW I need a clear space, because if I trip I'm going to split open right there.  Boxes came back a few weeks later

Oh, my!   I  have  unpacked the hall boxes in the dining room/kitchen area and put all that stuff away.  Sue likes to keep things on the countertop, but I like to have them clutter free.  So, this will be an interesting experiment.  You couldn't even see the countertops in her old house.  I told her she could bring all  the nick nacks she wanted as long as she kept them downstairs.  She has three rooms she can junk up to her heart's content.  I only need to go down there to get to the laundry room.  Maybe to the guest room if more than two people come to visit.

• Like 15

This morning at the synagogue, one of the students from my adult Hebrew class celebrated as a Bat Mitzvah. I was amused but managed not to laugh out loud when the rabbi referred to her as a bachurah, as that denotes a young women of traditional age for Bat Mitzvah (or to become betrothed, in former times), i.e., 12 or 13, while my student is about 75.

Part of the procedure entails reading from the Torah. The reading is divided into seven sections, and usually the Bat or Bar Mitzvah (the term should refer to the person, not to the ceremony) reads only one of them, and more skilled readers do the others. Each section is preceded and followed by a blessing, and it is an honor to be assigned one pair of blessings. Following tradition, she left the first two free for a Kohen and a Levi, individuals of priestly and levitical ancestry, although it's not mandatory in our congregation. There was no Kohen present, and a visiting rabbinical student received that one. The next three went to other adults in the Hebrew class, including one who recited her blessings over Zoom because she lives a considerable distance away. She put me down for the sixth so that I would be nearby when she read the seventh herself.

This was all very nice, except that I was also in the path for the small, wrapped, hard candies that everyone threw at her. The man assigned the third pair of blessings is having a Bar Mitzvah celebration himself in two weeks, with the addition that he's getting married the day before (they are already married in a civil ceremony).

I did not make paella of any sort today, but I did put the paella pan away--I also use it as a wok. Dinner last night was chicken baked with taco sauce, because I had taco sauce and didn't have barbecue sauce, with green beans; the wine was a white blend from Israel. There was a substantial lunch at noon after the service, so dinner was just the rest of the green beans and a veg burger.

regretnotnapping.thumb.jpg.41ff27ae7af28154b886a6e1218b96f8.jpg

• Like 13
  • Haha 5

i know it is late but just wanted to check in.

I just spent the day doing nothing but watching TV,  i watched all the latest episodes of Firefly Lane.  i read the book and watched the Netflix series and the last 7 episodes were finally loaded.  So I binged on the TV today.  

So tired of working on the house.

Tomorrow is another day.

I love Paella, but am partial to the seafood variety.  Did not make it today but will get everything together and make it sometime soon.

Hope everyone had a good day and has a restful night.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 15

Ducks purchased.  I bought unicorn ducks....

BFF got the interior, and DH and I got the window.  I'm just scared that so much got turned around, that they wont allow us to board.  BFF suggested that we contact his agent, and make sure every thing was OK.  DH said, maybe they will offer us an upgrade.  I asked him if he would be willing to pay 1K per person for a balcony.  Nope.  500?  Nope. Maybe 99.00.  I'll ask her on Monday.  Then BFF tells me that the temperature in Vancouver is the same as Atlanta today....our heat was on at the time.  I said, well our heat is on, and it never got to 81....as promised.  Now it's raining.

• Like 10