New Winemaker's Dinner

caribill

According to a Princess press release there is a new Winemaker's Dinner in the Crown Grill for $140/person.

https://www.princess.com/news/news_releases/2023/04/princess-cruises-announces-new-winemaker-dinner-with-caymus-vineyards.html

I have no idea if the "old" winemaker's dinner is still being offered.

The press release said: "Princess first introduced its popular Winemaker’s Dinner in a private space inspired by a wine cellar in the dining rooms onboard Royal Princess in 2013."

Maybe they are doing the CG

so they can do it on all ships & use

the wine cellar space for the Chef’s table on Royal class ships?  JMO. But, $140 pp seems pretty steep.

I’m glad we just did the “old” WMD on the Enchanted.  Really very nice with Silverado wines.

6 hours ago, caribill said:

According to a Princess press release there is a new Winemaker's Dinner in the Crown Grill for $140/person.

https://www.princess.com/news/news_releases/2023/04/princess-cruises-announces-new-winemaker-dinner-with-caymus-vineyards.html

I have no idea if the "old" winemaker's dinner is still being offered.

The press release said: "Princess first introduced its popular Winemaker’s Dinner in a private space inspired by a wine cellar in the dining rooms onboard Royal Princess in 2013."

This news has been posted before, but I have yet to see anyone post a report about it.  No start date was given and we may be waiting a long time to hear anything about it due to the ridiculous high price.  In the original thread, other posters were pointing out that most of the wines, other than the featured Caymus Cab, weren't worth much.  There is much better value in the Chef's Table Lumiere at a lower price point.  I don't understand how many people are going to be roped into this.  Sure, the meal is elevated over the CG menu, but you could bring your own Caymus and dine in CG for a lot less.  Or, take in the CT at $120 (unless price increased) and get similar meal experience plus extras.

As to the old one, I cannot imagine they would offer the similar thing for $100 less and expect to sell seats for both.  The former WMD was the best value dining on the ship when the price point was $11 more per person than a CG meal and came with lots of wine.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, texasgirl29 said:

$140 per person? Yikes, I think I’ll stick with the MDR. 

This was the consensus on the original thread started when the press release came out a month ago.  Or, at least the consensus was, book a SD dinner and bring your own Caymus for far less money.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I'm not holding my breath on the "old" WMD surviving.

(Side note...that's a really bad acronym for a great dinner!)

There cannot be an "old" .  The "new" is the same old WMD, except with a new vintner name and some new marketing spazz to blow smoke up our whatevers and try to make us think gee-whiz this is something to lay down $280 for to dine out with the spouse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, BamaVol said:

Perhaps if we had a bucketload of OBC and couldn’t find a better use.

The onboard liquor store always has some nice scotch. No such thing as "couldn't find a better use" 🤪

On 5/4/2023 at 8:14 AM, texasgirl29 said:

$140 per person? Yikes, I think I’ll stick with the MDR. 

Yep, they sure are getting a little carried away with their prices but people are still spending like crazy so Princess will keep raising them.

CC article said the Caymus Vineyards Winemaker Dinner was supposed to start on all ships by the end of April.  Has no one tried it yet?  Posting this as I'd really like to hear more about it, though the Chef's Table costs less and seems very similar except for name brand wines. Caymus Winery happens to be one of the wineries we chose to visit on a private excursion on our next cruise, so at least we'll get a chance to see if we even like the wines.

Edited by Mary Ann 2

They had a WMD on the Enchanted or Regal in 2022 that was $40. It was with Silverado (I think) wines. It was well worth the money, but not paying 140 for any meal on a ship.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...