Queen Anne's Float Out

Host Hattie

1 hour ago, Victoria2 said:

Turned down Cunard's offer of a cabin on the original Maiden date and we're looking forward to the cruise immediately after the new Maiden, decent Promenade deck or not.  🙂

😅 😅 Oh no, just think you would have been at the top of my guest list ... I'll be arranging the  Mothers of all suite parties in my Q4,   It'll be the place to be seen .  lol 😉

Edited by Bell Boy
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

😅 😅 Oh no, just think you would have been at the top of my guest list ... I'll be arranging the  Mothers of all suite parties in my Q4,   It'll be the place to be seen .  lol 😉

Very kind. We were offered a 5 initially pre release and Cunard did come back when I said thanks but no thanks and asked what grade we'd like  [a 1 or a 2] but as the original Maiden date didn't suit,  you'll have to party on without us on the new Maiden date. 🙂

11 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

Thanks for your kind  invitation @Bell Boy

• Like 1

So I'm a bit confused, when/where is the maiden voyage? When I go on the Cunard web site the first offering I see is a cruise to the Canary Islands departing SH on May 10th, 2024. I thought there was a short 3 or 4 day voyage before that to Spain I think. Did that get cancelled or is it not showing because it is already filled. 

Thanks,

Jack

5 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

Of course it was Pol Acker - keeps the rust away.

Traditionally, when the ships were built in the UK, Cunard used to use Australian wine, long before it was fashionable. Now, Prosecco, wouldn’t you think?

13 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

Turned down Cunard's offer of a cabin on the original Maiden date and we're looking forward to the cruise immediately after the new Maiden, decent Promenade deck or not.  🙂

As am I. Be nice to know though.

Edited by exlondoner

7 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

As am I. Be nice to know though.

Apart from wanting basic info on cabins before we booked, I can't change anything re ship's layout so any mild curiosity can wait until I can experience it all in person.

Must arrange a meet up. 🙂

23 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Apart from wanting basic info on cabins before we booked, I can't change anything re ship's layout so any mild curiosity can wait until I can experience it all in person.

Must arrange a meet up. 🙂

Anticipation is an important part of the pleasure - in both cases. 😀

22 hours ago, Yaldi said:

I fell for the hype and took up Cunard’s maiden booking offer. Now I see the ship taking shape I’m pleased I did. 🙂 

Same here, then took the new maiden preference when it all went pear shaped.

Simple when you have the UK's top Cunard Agent looking after you.

Action not words has always been my driver. There's no substitute for it. Talk is cheap.😂 

11 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Anticipation is an important part of the pleasure - in both cases. 😀

Having booked this one when we couldn't fit the original Maiden into our plans, wouldn't it be a hoot if the Maiden was pushed back a week!🙂

5 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Having booked this one when we couldn't fit the original Maiden into our plans, wouldn't it be a hoot if the Maiden was pushed back a week!🙂

And then ours would be cancelled. When they pushed back her entry into service, they reinstated the original maiden passengers onto the new one. So we would be left sulking in Southampton.😢

Edited by exlondoner
  • Like 3

Just now, exlondoner said:

And then our souls be cancelled. When they pushed back her entry into service, they reinstated the original maiden passengers onto the new one. 

Ewwww.Didn't think of that!

I doubt our cabin choice would have been available anyway on the original Maiden/new one. Can't see Mr and Mrs Ordinary getting a 1 or a 2 when there are VIPs and 'Celebs' to accommodate.

Fingers crossed then, the Maiden doesn't get pushed back. 🙂

• Like 1

Just now, Victoria2 said:

Ewwww.Didn't think of that!

I doubt our cabin choice would have been available anyway on the original Maiden/new one. Can't see Mr and Mrs Ordinary getting a 1 or a 2 when there are VIPs and 'Celebs' to accommodate.

Fingers crossed then, the Maiden doesn't get pushed back. 🙂

We only booked it because QV was doing flycruises and QE is elsewhere, but it will be fun, I’m sure.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, exlondoner said:

And then ours would be cancelled. When they pushed back her entry into service, they reinstated the original maiden passengers onto the new one. So we would be left sulking in Southampton.😢

A most observant interjection @exlondoner : though we only booked the 'original' maiden as long standing 'Cunarders' wishing to be part of something new.  (as we have done with P&O on a number of occasions)

Cunard isn't of course a 'dirty word' where we subscribe to. 😉😉

• Like 1

On 5/5/2023 at 5:24 PM, Solent Richard said:

Same here, then took the new maiden preference when it all went pear shaped.

Simple when you have the UK's top Cunard Agent looking after you.

Action not words has always been my driver. There's no substitute for it. Talk is cheap.😂 

Although I was content with the original date, perhaps the push back to May is advantageous in respect of longer daylight hours and realistic opportunities to sample the outdoor facilities and spaces. 🙂 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Yaldi said:

Although I was content with the original date, perhaps the push back to May is advantageous in respect of longer daylight hours and realistic opportunities to sample the outdoor facilities and spaces. 🙂 

Have to agree with you. To be honest I was delighted that it was pushed back a little later in the year , the thought of cruising early January and almost immediately after we had just gotten over the Christmas & New Year Celebrations,  I think I'd have had to give my liver a little rest  🍾🍸

• Like 1