Bringing Wine onboard?

Coochuck

Normal 750ml size, yes.  

No corkage charge to take to the dining room either if you have a beverage package and maybe not even if you don't have a package.

Edited by LeeW
more

5 minutes ago, janetz said:

No corkage if you open in your room

Some people say it is to bottles per cabin, some two bottles per person 😂

From the X Alcohol policy. (https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/conduct-policy#alcohol-policy)

Guests are not permitted to bring alcoholic beverages onboard; with the exception of embarkation day when each guest (of legal drinking age) is permitted to bring onboard up to two (2) 750 ml bottles of wine (which are subject to a corkage fee) per guest. A corkage fee does not apply to guests with the Classic Beverage Package or Premium Beverage Package. Security may inspect containers (including water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, canteens, etc.) at any time and will dispose of alcohol concealed in such containers. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased from onboard shops or in ports of call (which must be presented to security upon re-boarding), will be secured by ship's personnel. Alcohol secured by ship's personnel will be returned to guests just prior to the conclusion of their cruise vacation. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them.

• 3 weeks later...

Please can someone clarify the number of bottles allowed on embarkation? I am sure there are posts about this so apologies for asking again.

I thought it had been increased to 2 bottles per person, as shown above, but the website is showing this:Unless otherwise permitted by our security personnel or crew, guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages onboard; with the exception of embarkation day when each guest who is of drinkingage s are will be permitted to bring onboard with them one sealed 750 ml bottle of wine or champagne. per stateroom, provided at least one guest in the stateroom is of drinking age

This was taken from the UK site and dated;

Guest Health, Safety, and Conduct Policy

Celebrity Cruises
(Last Updated: February 2023)

Previous quotes were taken fro. the main site - before converting to the UK site:

Guest Health, Safety, and Conduct Policy

Celebrity Cruises
(Last Updated: January, 2021)

7 hours ago, waggie said:

Please can someone clarify the number of bottles allowed on embarkation? I am sure there are posts about this so apologies for asking again.

I thought it had been increased to 2 bottles per person, as shown above, but the website is showing this:Unless otherwise permitted by our security personnel or crew, guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages onboard; with the exception of embarkation day when each guest who is of drinkingage s are will be permitted to bring onboard with them one sealed 750 ml bottle of wine or champagne. per stateroom, provided at least one guest in the stateroom is of drinking age

Celebrity's U.S. website under FAQ says "each guest (of legal drinking age) is permitted to bring onboard up to two (2) 750 ml bottles of wine...".  https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/conduct-policy#alcohol-policy

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Celebrity's U.S. website under FAQ says "each guest (of legal drinking age) is permitted to bring onboard up to two (2) 750 ml bottles of wine...".  https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/conduct-policy#alcohol-policy

I agree - as shown in my second post,but the details and dates are confusing - UK site is February 2023 and US January 2021. Which is being adhered to?

9 minutes ago, waggie said:

I agree - as shown in my second post,but the details and dates are confusing - UK site is February 2023 and US January 2021. Which is being adhered to?

If we were to bring wine onboard at the embarkation terminal we would be using Celebrity's U.S. website as our guidance as of "last updated, January 2021". I take that as no changes have been made since then. Call Celebrity or if you booked thru a TA call them and have them call Celebrity for any additional guidance. Cheers. 🍷

28 minutes ago, davekathy said:

If we were to bring wine onboard at the embarkation terminal we would be using Celebrity's U.S. website as our guidance as of "last updated, January 2021". I take that as no changes have been made since then. Call Celebrity or if you booked thru a TA call them and have them call Celebrity for any additional guidance. Cheers. 🍷

No - I like your 2021 version better! Booked through Celebrity UK but getting through  to someone who might actually know to what I am referring is a pain  = a case for 'leave well alone'. Thanks for your input davekathy

Edited by waggie
duplicated

1 hour ago, med2cruise said:

Can you take a corkscrew on board with you in your carry on luggage?  Or do you need to put it in your checked in luggage?

I always carry our corkscrew in our checked luggage because we fly to all our embarkation ports.  Part of our first aid kit. I've read on CC that some pack the corkscrew in their carry on as that's all they travel with(carry on). Your stateroom attendant can/will provide you with a corkscrew if you forget yours. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Thanks 1

For flying keep it in checked bag. My recent flight mine got confiscated because it had a knife tucked in it. (for foil wrap) ? Had no idea…or ever thought about that. He sounded as if just the corkscrew not a prob. Likely not a concern for cruise security? 

On 5/5/2023 at 6:30 AM, janetz said:

No corkage if you open in your room

Some people say it is to bottles per cabin, some two bottles per person 😂

It is definitely 2 per person. It used to be 2 per cabin but celebrity changed this when cruising reopened post pandemic. Those saying 2 per cabin do not realize the policy changed. 

On 5/21/2023 at 9:13 PM, jmdlv1 said:

Sailed on the Beyond in October and Apex last December.

Wife and I carried on 2 bottles each both sailings and had no problem.

Did you carry it on or was your wine in your bags to be brought by on board by the crew? Wasn’t really planning to carry it until we get to our room. 

6 minutes ago, DLWood said:

Did you carry it on or was your wine in your bags to be brought by on board by the crew? Wasn’t really planning to carry it until we get to our room. 

dlw - You can do it either way....

Cheers and bon voyage

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, DLWood said:

Pretty sure you can go straight to your cabin to drop off bags and get your SeaPass card.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DLWood said:

We  had 2 bottles in our carryon bags each.

We were in the Retreat and check in was super fast .Dumped our carryon bags in our room and went out to explore the ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Has anyone any recent experience bringing wine on board that was purchased shoreside on a European sailing?
It's been a few years for us and I remember they allowed us to just take it back to our cabin.
We love trying local wines from each port and it would be nice to have some while on board but wouldn't be surprised if this isn't allowed now.