Final payment -- pay online or call Royal

We booked a cruise in March while on a cruise and decided not to transfer to our regular TA. We've been unhappy with the TA since Covid and have decided to search for another TA. Our final payment is due this month and we were wondering if those of you who book directly with Royal make your final payment online or call Royal. If you call, what number do you use? TIA

13 minutes ago, CruisinNole said:

We booked a cruise in March while on a cruise and decided not to transfer to our regular TA. We've been unhappy with the TA since Covid and have decided to search for another TA. Our final payment is due this month and we were wondering if those of you who book directly with Royal make your final payment online or call Royal. If you call, what number do you use? TIA

I book onboard but make final payment online. No issues. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CruisinNole said:

Thanks. I'm not real comfortable with Royal's IT skills and was concerned that there might be some glitch just about the time I hit the button to send my payment in.

The agent you call up to make the payment with would be using the same system.

2 hours ago, CruisinNole said:

I always book and pay online.  866-562-7625 is the phone # if you choose to go that route.  I actually just got off the phone with an $1800 savings on my 2024 September Alaska cruise and a move from a GS to an OS.  I like doing my own legwork as I haven't had much success with TAs.  

• Like 3

17 hours ago, CruisinNole said:

We've been unhappy with the TA since Covid and have decided to search for another TA

Good TAs are worth their weight in gold for sure. We used the same TA for over 17 years. Good luck with the search! And as others have noted, paying online via RCCL's system is perfectly fine. If you're uncomfortable with that, just call it in. They're usually quite helpful on the phone.

Totally get this post as I used to always pay off our cruise by calling Royal...until recently..  I was hesitant but we tried paying it off online and it was no issue.  You should get mailed a final invoice shortly afterwards that shows a balance of 0 (and if you don't then I would call them for one)

2 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Online, and always at least a week before the final due date in case you have a problem. 

Thats good advice to pay a little early . 

You get an email with your account showing paid in full soon afterwards.

And that will confirm that there was no issues.

• Like 1