I hate this topic, but are there any CoVid testing or vaccine requirements.

AnnieCt7

2 hours ago, AnnieCt7 said:

We will be departing from Florida when we cruise. 

Where you are cruising TO is more important than where you are cruising FROM when determining whether or not there will be Covid testing requirements.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, auntmeg said:

Where you are cruising TO is more important than where you are cruising FROM when determining whether or not there will be Covid testing requirements.

Huh? 
Every/any port in your itinerary - start, middle, end - can have Covid vax and testing requirements. In addition, country, state (or equivalent) and city may have its own requirements.

A lot of folks on one of our recent cruises found that out the hard (and expensive) way. While Oceania and Australia had no test requirement, the State of New South Wales did have one for cruise passengers embarking in Sydney. 
Good news: There was pierside testing for passengers who didn’t check ALL requirements.

Bad news: some folks didn’t review their world geography (or a map) and didn’t know that SYD is the Capitol of NSW. 😳

39 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Huh? 
Every/any port in your itinerary - start, middle, end - can have Covid vax and testing requirements. In addition, country, state (or equivalent) and city may have its own requirements.

A lot of folks on one of our recent cruises found that out the hard (and expensive) way. While Oceania and Australia had no test requirement, the State of New South Wales did have one for cruise passengers embarking in Sydney. 
Good news: There was pierside testing for passengers who didn’t check ALL requirements.

Bad news: some folks didn’t review their world geography (or a map) and didn’t know that SYD is the Capitol of NSW. 😳

The point being that the OP said they were leaving from Florida. And they live in Florida.

There are no current Covid testing requirements for US residents leaving Florida. So where they are going to is will dictate what the testing requirements are.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, auntmeg said:

…There are no current Covid testing requirements for US residents leaving Florida. So where they are going to is will dictate what the testing requirements are.

Nonetheless, OP would be far better off actually doing the research so that they are relying on bona fide governmental (and cruise line) websites than on an internet chat room. 

20 hours ago, AnnieCt7 said:

We will be departing from Florida when we cruise. 

you can do a google search for entry requirements for the countries you are visiting.  Sometimes your cruise line will have a testing requirement page for you to check out.

Just now, broadwaybaby123 said:

This question has been asked at least a dozen times.  I highly recommend you check your cruise line site for all the latest requirements.  Only they could give you the correct information.

Sorry but this is incomplete advice!

After you check with your cruise line (where the only correct answer you may get regards it’s own test/vax restrictions/requirements). You should also find and contact the appropriate health authority for each country, state/region and port city on your itinerary regarding each of their rules including those specific to cruisers. Why?

Here’s the perfect example: On a recent cruise that started in SYD, our cruise line notice indicated that there were no pre-cruise test requirement for OZ. But, the note also had the usual disclaimer reminding you of the passengers’ ultimate responsibility for complying with all rules of all involved authorities. As it turned out, the State of NSW did have a test required of all embarking cruisers. Imagine the surprise (at embark) of all those who didn’t heed the cruise line’s full instructions and/or didn’t know/understand that SYD is the capitol of NSW and, thus (as cruise passengers), they needed test results.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Sorry but this is incomplete advice!

After you check with your cruise line (where the only correct answer you may get regards it’s own test/vax restrictions/requirements). You should also find and contact the appropriate health authority for each country, state/region and port city on your itinerary regarding each of their rules including those specific to cruisers. Why?

Here’s the perfect example: On a recent cruise that started in SYD, our cruise line notice indicated that there were no pre-cruise test requirement for OZ. But, the note also had the usual disclaimer reminding you of the passengers’ ultimate responsibility for complying with all rules of all involved authorities. As it turned out, the State of NSW did have a test required of all embarking cruisers. Imagine the surprise (at embark) of all those who didn’t heed the cruise line’s full instructions and/or didn’t know/understand that SYD is the capitol of NSW and, thus (as cruise passengers), they needed test results.

Actually, that's not true.  Your cruise line has everything you need in regards to vaccine requirements. Mainstream cruise lines often include that information on their website.  It's up to you to look it up on the cruise line website.  There's no need to work with local authorities personally since the cruise line is already doing that for you.

For example, we were booked on a cruise to Bermuda shortly after the cruise lines were allowed to sail again.  It was the cruise line that communicated with us that we needed to pay an extra fee to disembark on the island and that it was $40.  They were also the ones who communicated with us what the vaccine requirements were.

I just checked other cruise lines too, they have that information on their website or they mention that they will communicate that information to you individually as you get closer to your sail date.

Edited by broadwaybaby123

1 minute ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

Actually, that's not true.  Your cruise line has everything you need in regards to vaccine requirements. Mainstream cruise lines often include that information on their website.  It's up to you to look it up on the cruise line website.  There's no need to work with local authorities personally since the cruise line is already doing that for you.

Travel much?

Read your T&Cs and Ticket Contract fine print. Whether it’s a cruise line, airline, regulated tour provider and/or TA, each one will have included language saying something to the effect that (regardless of what they may have told you) YOU are responsible for complying with the rules of appropriate authorities “door to door.”

That said, I provided a perfect example of what is a common occurrence. Cruiseline websites and email itinerary notices are not necessarily updated on as regular (daily?) a basis as you may think - particularly when it comes to informing us of the requirements of every port to be visited. And, even if the info you receive today from a cruise-line is complete and correct, it could all change between now and your embark date (including tomorrow morning).

If you could ask that line of folks (in my example) waiting for an unexpected $95 pier test, I bet you’d find a line of converts who will now pay attention to the fine print (as well as common sense).

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Travel much?

Read your T&Cs and Ticket Contract fine print. Whether it’s a cruise line, airline, regulated tour provider and/or TA, each one will have included language saying something to the effect that (regardless of what they may have told you) YOU are responsible for complying with the rules of appropriate authorities “door to door.”

That said, I provided a perfect example of what is a common occurrence. Cruiseline websites and email itinerary notices are not necessarily updated on as regular (daily?) a basis as you may think - particularly when it comes to informing us of the requirements of every port to be visited. And, even if the info you receive today from a cruise-line is complete and correct, it could all change between now and your embark date (including tomorrow morning).

If you could ask that line of folks (in my example) waiting for an unexpected $95 pier test, I bet you’d find a line of converts who will now pay attention to the fine print (as well as common sense).

Actually, yes I do travel much...been on over 30 cruises.  I understand it's my responsibility to follow the guidance set forth by the cruise lines.  I also know that it's the cruise line's responsibility to communicate any changes for COVID regulations to me before I sail.  That said, it's also my responsibility to check the cruise line website frequently for any changes.

I never said I thought they were updated daily, they are updated when there's changes to their guidance.  

And yes, I do read the fine print, but thanks for pointing that out.

1 hour ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

….  I understand it's my responsibility to follow the guidance set forth by the cruise lines.  I also know that it's the cruise line's responsibility to communicate any changes for COVID regulations to me before I sail…..

You are very trusting of what is best described as a secondary source (the cruise line). 
IMO, far too much is at stake to not confirm requirements with primary sources (i.e., the actual authorities associated with any entity that could prematurely stop/end your travel).

In addition to the above example of NSW/SYD’s cruise test requirement (different from the OZ, airline, and cruiseline’s own requirement) I’ve also seen currently incorrect cruiseline statements/notifications about type of visa required or other noteworthy specific info (which has often been changed or appended by authorities without sufficient notice to the public), though it is always accompanied by something to the effect of “YOU are ultimately responsible for doing what is required by all authorities.”

A great current example of this is the tourist visa for the PRC. We have 10 year visas with multiple years still left. We’re headed to China w/i the next 12 months. We’ve already received a cruiseline notice that a valid PRC visa is required and “you are responsible….”

As I have posted previously in this thread, I then did the obviously correct thing and confirmed with the PRC’s San Francisco Consulate what are the true current requirements for a PRC visa.

Their reply: “Yes, valid PRC visa is required for cruise passenger visiting China. However, if you have  a 10 year visa issued before the China visa office was closed due to Covid, your visa has been temporarily suspended and, at this point in time, you must reapply.”

So, the cruise line has stated the correct requirement: valid PRC visa. But, only further research (as the cruise line stated in their responsibility disclaimer) finds that your valid visa is temporarily invalid (and that, of course, may take more than a year to change).

So, once again, relying solely on a cruiseline website statement or email for anything that may be in a constant state of flux, is naive at best.

BTW: related to this is another not unusual cruiseline “port” info item. Depending on your specific cruiseline, you may receive/download boarding passes and/or final docs stating the specific location of your embarkation location (often even including the pier number). And then it’s just your luck that a Port Authority changes that location within 24 hours of the ship’s scheduled arrival (due to port traffic or whatever) Yes, it happens (though only once to us so far). That’s why, no matter what a cruise line tells you, check exact ship location with the local port authority before you head to the ship on embarkation day.

If nothing else, it’s just common sense.

3 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

You are very trusting of what is best described as a secondary source (the cruise line). 
IMO, far too much is at stake to not confirm requirements with primary sources (i.e., the actual authorities associated with any entity that could prematurely stop/end your travel).

In addition to the above example of NSW/SYD’s cruise test requirement (different from the OZ, airline, and cruiseline’s own requirement) I’ve also seen currently incorrect cruiseline statements/notifications about type of visa required or other noteworthy specific info (which has often been changed or appended by authorities without sufficient notice to the public), though it is always accompanied by something to the effect of “YOU are ultimately responsible for doing what is required by all authorities.”

A great current example of this is the tourist visa for the PRC. We have 10 year visas with multiple years still left. We’re headed to China w/i the next 12 months. We’ve already received a cruiseline notice that a valid PRC visa is required and “you are responsible….”

As I have posted previously in this thread, I then did the obviously correct thing and confirmed with the PRC’s San Francisco Consulate what are the true current requirements for a PRC visa.

Their reply: “Yes, valid PRC visa is required for cruise passenger visiting China. However, if you have  a 10 year visa issued before the China visa office was closed due to Covid, your visa has been temporarily suspended and, at this point in time, you must reapply.”

So, the cruise line has stated the correct requirement: valid PRC visa. But, only further research (as the cruise line stated in their responsibility disclaimer) finds that your valid visa is temporarily invalid (and that, of course, may take more than a year to change).

So, once again, relying solely on a cruiseline website statement or email for anything that may be in a constant state of flux, is naive at best.

BTW: related to this is another not unusual cruiseline “port” info item. Depending on your specific cruiseline, you may receive/download boarding passes and/or final docs stating the specific location of your embarkation location (often even including the pier number). And then it’s just your luck that a Port Authority changes that location within 24 hours of the ship’s scheduled arrival (due to port traffic or whatever) Yes, it happens (though only once to us so far). That’s why, no matter what a cruise line tells you, check exact ship location with the local port authority before you head to the ship on embarkation day.

If nothing else, it’s just common sense.

We check the Port Authority information for all that the day before we leave, but once again, thanks for the reminder.

If people want to go ahead and do the extra research, totally fine, but in my experience, even in the week leading up to the cruise, there hasn't been any changes.  We start to do ours about a month leading up to departure.

Edited by broadwaybaby123