Princess Upgrade Bids

SwimCarrie

I'm curious...for those who have scored winning bids, when was the soonest you've heard? For example, our sailing is letting us bid 85 days out...did you hear relatively quickly or are they mostly letting you know right before sailing? Will they potentially leave you in limbo until days before? If your bid is rejected early on, can you re-submit for a higher bid? 

Thanks!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Buckeye10640 said:

My bid was accepted exactly 30 days prior to cruise date. I put my bid in just after final payment and actually adjusted it down slightly a few weeks later. It was a fairly low-end bid to go from balcony to mini. 

Nice! I love gambling, so this should be fun! LOL. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, SwimCarrie said:

Nice! I love gambling, so this should be fun! LOL. 

Glad you find it fun.  I find it frustrating.  No rejection.  Keeping me on edge.  Cruise a couple of weeks away.  Ship is almost sold out.  I know:  you can get an upbid cabin days before.  I know:  "there's always hope" until they say "no".

But...but... but...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Glad you find it fun.  I find it frustrating.  No rejection.  Keeping me on edge.  Cruise a couple of weeks away.  Ship is almost sold out.  I know:  you can get an upbid cabin days before.  I know:  "there's always hope" until they say "no".

But...but... but...

I'm okay with the cabin I'm in, so either way, it's all good. On that note, if I mark my cabin as "no upgrades", can I still bid for an upgrade or am I locking myself out of an upgrade? I want to have more of a say where I'm going and not get surprised with what Princess thinks is an upgrade. 

• Haha 1

You will have no choice of cabin.  If there are other available cabins in your category, you might be able to convince Princess to move you.  It's a done deal if they accept your bid (or so I understand).

2 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

You will have no choice of cabin.  If there are other available cabins in your category, you might be able to convince Princess to move you.  It's a done deal if they accept your bid (or so I understand).

No, I mean when they do free "surprise" upgrades. 

Yes they will leave you in limbo - because they don't advise you if your bid is unsuccessful. You'll only know for sure 2-days out (or whatever the cut-off is), when you haven't been advised of any change. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SwimCarrie said:

I'm okay with the cabin I'm in, so either way, it's all good. On that note, if I mark my cabin as "no upgrades", can I still bid for an upgrade or am I locking myself out of an upgrade? I want to have more of a say where I'm going and not get surprised with what Princess thinks is an upgrade. 

I was marked no upgrade. You can still bid, but you need to be ok with accepting whatever you get. 

• 3 months later...

I am 31 days from sailing and my bid was accepted.  From inside to obstructed deluxe balcony min bid allowed 210 CDN , my accepted bid was 235 CDN pp.  I only bid on this category of balcony because it was midship predominantly some were forward but worried about the motion.

Nancy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/7/2023 at 4:18 PM, SwimCarrie said:

I'm curious...for those who have scored winning bids, when was the soonest you've heard? For example, our sailing is letting us bid 85 days out...did you hear relatively quickly or are they mostly letting you know right before sailing? Will they potentially leave you in limbo until days before? If your bid is rejected early on, can you re-submit for a higher bid? 

Thanks!

We are 33 days out on a 28 day cruise and notified of our win. When I bid I went the lowest tier I think it sai not likely. We paid $985 pp for a 28 day upgrade, happy!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We are about 38 days out from our cruise and received a second email about upgrade bidding.  We thought why not and made a bid on Monday and it was accepted yesterday.  We didn’t like the location and a note to our Personal Planner yesterday to see if there was a better location and this morning we received an email from Princess with an acceptable room location.  

I actually was pretty impressed.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I placed a bid to go from a mini-suite to a reserve class mini-suite.  Today, a week before departure date, I got an e-mail that my bid was not accepted but I could bid $1,000 per person for a possible upgrade to a penthouse suite.  This was for an 11-night cruise on the Crown to Alaska. Not going to happen.

• Haha 1