FBI Seeking Victim Information in Harmony of the Seas Hidden Camera Investigation Harmony of the Seas April 30/May1

Saw this on Reddit but though it should be posted here

FYI FBI is looking for anyone who may have been effected by the passenger filming people in the bathroom on Harmony of the Seas April 30th/May 1st. 

https://www.fbi.gov/how-we-can-help-you/victim-services/seeking-victim-information/seeking-victim-information-in-harmony-of-the-seas-hidden-camera-investigation

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mariemorgan said:

Saw this on Reddit but though it should be posted here

FYI FBI is looking for anyone who may have been effected by the passenger filming people in the bathroom on Harmony of the Seas April 30th/May 1st. 

https://www.fbi.gov/how-we-can-help-you/victim-services/seeking-victim-information/seeking-victim-information-in-harmony-of-the-seas-hidden-camera-investigation

Does not identify the perpetrator as a passenger or cruise staff.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

I’m glad you posted it to the roll call for that voyage as well.

Yeah just trying to make sure they see it incase they used that restroom during that time.  Looks like that roll call wasn't used very much :(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, moposh said:

This is awful, but it happens on land too.

I think the point of posting it here was trying to alert potential victims (and possible minor family members), since it sounds like law enforcement has very specific details.

Not to insult cruising. 

• lv2cruisgrl changed the title to Camera In Bathroom!

I'm not sure I'd want to put forward my name if I'd been on a video like that.   It seems like even more of a violation for someone to later view the images (which will happen) WHILE knowing that that particular image was me.  
At least Royal handled it better than Carnival.  

I used to do a hidden camera search of hotel rooms when I first got there.   Then I started to do a bedbug search and I guess I forgot the hidden camera search.   Need to remember to do both.  

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Hopefully before he could post anything on social media.

I think he probably viewed some.  I would guess it was for his own gratification and maybe sharing with other liked minded individuals.  

Is he still in San Juan?

12 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

this is why cabins need to be cleaned 2x a day.....😉

Camera was in  a public restroom.  Not a cabin..  How can a passenger access the bathroom of someone else's cabin and place a camera there while still on board.  And then how does that person retrieve the camera once the cabin guest departs?

I can't tell you how I feel about people like this or what I'd like to do with them as I'd be kicked off the board.  I can tell you that having investigated some cases like this and child abuse, spousal abuse, child trafficking, and so on, I wish nothing but the worst for those perpetrators.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, AdoraBelle said:

I think the point of posting it here was trying to alert potential victims (and possible minor family members), since it sounds like law enforcement has very specific details.

Not to insult cruising. 

Correct.  Just trying to make sure whomever used that restroom knew so they can contact the FBI.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

too bad he didnt get caught (and thrown overboard) when it happened. What a sick F'er!

Someone on reddit said they were on that cruise and he was arrested onboard and removed in Puerto Rico

Edited by mariemorgan
  • Like 1

I went looking for what the latest is on looking for hidden cameras.   
This is pretty interesting.  

https://alfred.camera/blog/how-to-detect-hidden-cameras/

ETA: I wonder what the range is on the call phone apps?    I just now downloaded one of the free ones, and even with my phone just held in front of me it found "2 suspicious devices" and then wanted me to pay money to get more info.  The two devices are my webcam and my laptop, so that is a good test.  If the app found cameras in the hallway, that would be annoying.  

Edited by HappyTexan44
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Camera was in  a public restroom.  Not a cabin..  How can a passenger access the bathroom of someone else's cabin and place a camera there while still on board.  And then how does that person retrieve the camera once the cabin guest departs?

I was just kidding because of the posts about 1x a day cleaning.  To be honest, I did not read the whole article.  It has to be a pretty pathetic individual to stoop to this level of debauchery.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HappyTexan44 said:

I'm not sure I'd want to put forward my name if I'd been on a video like that.   It seems like even more of a violation for someone to later view the images (which will happen) WHILE knowing that that particular image was me.

Reading between the lines, I suspect the FBI is mostly concerned with child exploitation materials. Meaning, minors who might have been caught on the camera.