Must cancel cruise 2 weeks before departure!

45 minutes ago, BND said:

I told her to look in the freezer and anywhere else she wouldn't ever think they could

This is where mine always goes. As soon as I get home from a trip, back to the freezer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I have called twice today and geet the message that this is a heavy call time and to try again later. I also called my representative's officeandthey helped submit a from that may get me some help.

Thanks for all ofthe advice. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, read2learn said:

I have called twice today and geet the message that this is a heavy call time and to try again later. I also called my representative's officeandthey helped submit a from that may get me some help.

Thanks for all ofthe advice. 

Try first thing tomorrow morning.  Like on the dot when they open.  Also can be lower volume at night (as I recall) in my recent experience.  

2 hours ago, monorail81 said:

Where did you do your online checkin?  Did you use your passport to do your checkin? 

Excellent question. if they had it for check in, it’s around the house somewhere.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

Excellent question. if they had it for check in, it’s around the house somewhere.

That’s what I was thinking. Somewhere near where they did their checkin. Under a laptop or folder on a desk or something like that. 

1 hour ago, monorail81 said:

That’s what I was thinking. Somewhere near where they did their checkin. Under a laptop or folder on a desk or something like that. 

OP said they are afraid it got accidentally thrown out with some papers...but I bet it's there somewhere.  🤞🏻

8 hours ago, topnole said:

Also, call your congress rep office.  They might be able to help get you an appointment?   Not sure on that though.  

That's what worked for me when mine was lost in Copenhagen. 

I was in your shoes last year. I won't bother with my personal story. I'm just chiming in to give you my personal experience on getting on in-person appointment. Call first thing ... available appointments go early in the morning. The reps who answer the phone may not be ready to be creative, so be pro-active. They told me the best they could do was an appointment 10 days out in Detroit (I'm in Cleveland). I took it and sweated it out for several hours, then called back with my newly assigned appointment number. I asked if there was anything in Buffalo and she said they had lots of openings, so she gave me one 3 days out. You will need all your paperwork again ... birth certificate, etc ... and you have to pay for it all over again. Don't forget to bring proof of travel within the two week window. 

I'm sending positive vibes your way and I hope it all works out for you.

• Like 10

Everyone has given you very good suggestions already, so I can also only offer you my best wishes.

Oh, and although calling your reps is a good idea, please skip it if yours is George Santos.  I once read an article with a reporter who interviewed a constitutant who showed up at George Santos office to try to get a letter of recommendation for their kid's college application.  I couldn't understand why anyone would think a letter from him would help.

Please let us know what happens to you -we're all hoping you make it!

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, topnole said:

Also, call your congress rep office.  They might be able to help get you an appointment?   Not sure on that though.  

Yes - I've had a lot of assistance with this when there were no appointments available (either regular or emergency). Google you local congressperson  and contact their office. do this tomorrow. Good luck!

7 hours ago, kitkat343 said:

Everyone has given you very good suggestions already, so I can also only offer you my best wishes.

Oh, and although calling your reps is a good idea, please skip it if yours is George Santos.  I once read an article with a reporter who interviewed a constitutant who showed up at George Santos office to try to get a letter of recommendation for their kid's college application.  I couldn't understand why anyone would think a letter from him would help.

You might also check today's news about him lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/9/2023 at 10:55 PM, kitkat343 said:

No,fortunately for me it isn't him. He would probaly tell me he is head of the state dept and he can fix it!  😊I spoken with my congresswoman's office and I filled out a form they had on line. They in turn forwarded it to someone who called and needed proof of my departure date so I sent my airline reservation. He said they can't guarentee an appt but were sending it to DOD and I am waiting to hear. I made the appt for the 22nd and may be able to switch flight to the 23rd is there is availablility. I don't like arriving the day of the cruise ,especially in Europe but if that is what it takes I will do it. Thanks for all of the good wishes. Stay tuned for further updates.  😊

• Like 10
  • Haha 6

Btw if/when you get your new passport call Royal at the emergency number listed in your edocs and give them the new passport number.  Will make things much easier for boarding and at ports as Royal has to give a manifest to each port you visit. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, read2learn said:

No,fortunately for me it isn't him. He would probaly tell me he is head of the state dept and he can fix it!  😊I spoken with my congresswoman's office and I filled out a form they had on line. They in turn forwarded it to someone who called and needed proof of my departure date so I sent my airline reservation. He said they can't guarentee an appt but were sending it to DOD and I am waiting to hear. I made the appt for the 22nd and may be able to switch flight to the 23rd is there is availablility. I don't like arriving the day of the cruise ,especially in Europe but if that is what it takes I will do it. Thanks for all of the good wishes. Stay tuned for further updates.  😊

To DOD?  How about the State Dept?

Edited by BND

7 minutes ago, read2learn said:

The first person said state dept and I also wondered about DOD????? I am pretty sure that is what he said. Time will tell....

The aide you talked to was incorrect if he said that.   

Update: My congresswoman's office attempted to get an an in-person appt but there are no openings on the East Coast. They are only taking appts for "life or death" situations.

My options were El Paso Tx or Seattle!  I did take the appt offered when I first called that is on the 22nd. So now the game plan is fly to DC on the 22nd return home and fly to Amsterdam on the 23rd. No room for delays .etc but only option. I was able to switch the flights but paid a price for it ~ decided was worth it.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, read2learn said:

I did take the appt offered when I first called that is on the 22nd.

Sounds like a nail biter but I have a good feeling for this plan.  Will you walk out with a new passport on the day of your appointment or how does that work?

• Thanks 1