Stateroom location

tidefan

We are booked on the Regal Princess for June 1st and this is our first sailing on Princess.  We were assigned Cabin #E729 upon receiving an upgrade which is the cabin at the back of the ship on deck 8.  Can anyone tell me if this stateroom will be noisy since it is located directly above the Vista Lounge?  I am concerned because my daughter gets terrific migraine’s.  When this occurs, she needs darkness and quiet which is why I booked a suite with a separate bedroom.   Thanks for your help

5 minutes ago, tidefan said:

We are booked on the Regal Princess for June 1st and this is our first sailing on Princess.  We were assigned Cabin #E729 upon receiving an upgrade which is the cabin at the back of the ship on deck 8.  Can anyone tell me if this stateroom will be noisy since it is located directly above the Vista Lounge?  I am concerned because my daughter gets terrific migraine’s.  When this occurs, she needs darkness and quiet which is why I booked a suite with a separate bedroom.   Thanks for your help

Unless you plan to go to sleep before 11pm. It should not be an issue

2 hours ago, tidefan said:

Sounds like you bid for an upgrade? If so, probably not a good idea in your circumstances unless you first looked at the deck plans and would be okay with any room in the category you bid for.

I looked at the deck plans and pics of the aft of the ship. I think it will be ok. Your cabin does not not look like it is directly over the main part of the Vista Lounge. If you decide to change cabins, make sure that you are not below a public area like a pool deck, Horizon Court, etc.

Not sure if this is allowed but I found info from FB and copying it here. This is Royal but since sister ship of Regal, they're probably the same with location, etc. 

Royal Princess E729 suite (11/25-11/30). I will try to find better pictures of the wrap around aft balcony. Hard to capture in one pic.

Ash situation was minimal. We did hear some bass from the Vista Lounge downstairs 2 nights but it wasn't that loud. Did not get any smoking smell from the smoking deck below. Movement on that ship is minimal. Only one night did I actually notice the boat was moving.

Edited by akeasley
  • Like 1

Does your daughter also have a tendency toward becoming seasick? Frequently, those affected with migranes also feature motion sickness. If this is known, then quiet time in the cabin in an extreme aft, or extreme forward, cabin is no respite, if the seas are rough. Though the Regal is pretty big, the sea can be unpredictable. Lower and centered on the ship minimizes motion sensation. You use the word, "teriffic," to describe her headaches. With that in mind, her provider should know about taking a cruise. There may be recommendations.

Edited by mtnesterz

We have stayed in this area (not in the suite but a couple doors up) and only once heard faint bass, it was not loud or enough to be disturbing.  Perhaps bring some earplugs for her as a precaution but unlikely that you will need them.

We find the Royal class ships to be pretty soundproof, when compared to the older ships in the Princess fleet.  
But, it’s the nature of cruising that ships can be noisy places, some cabins are worse than others, though.  
You will get little noise from others in the hallway as you are all the way aft.  However, you will experience some noise from the Vista Lounge below, but really only when a band is playing.  While any cabin can be problematic, just by the nature of being on a moving ship with other guests nearby, getting a cabin with rooms above, below and across from you is always the best option.  
maybe some noise cancelling headphones would be some extra protection.  
Hopefully, she won’t experience any migraines while onboard.  You will love that cabin!  

Thank you all for your responses.  She does not typically get seasick but migraines are always a problem.  Of course she is continually working with her Dr. on this matter.  Thanks again for your input, they make me feel a little better about the location.

• Like 1

I purchased the Bose noise cancelling earbuds because I’m sensitive to noise when trying to sleep.  You can program them to your preference of type of sound and the level that you’re comfortable with.  Not cheap (I paid about $350.00 Canadian), but they work very well.  Just a thought for you if noise is a problem for your daughter.

4 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

I purchased the Bose noise cancelling earbuds because I’m sensitive to noise when trying to sleep.  You can program them to your preference of type of sound and the level that you’re comfortable with.  Not cheap (I paid about $350.00 Canadian), but they work very well.  Just a thought for you if noise is a problem for your daughter.

We now always take a white noise machine and set it to the sound of rainfall.  It suits us very well and it blocks out all the external noises that might otherwise awaken us.  It is actually quite soothing and relaxing.  I’m not sure if that would be suitable for someone with migraines but it surely works for us.  We can book a cabin right under the pool deck and the noise from above is  not in the least bit bothersome.  
BTW, the cost was a mere $12.  

Edited by Cruise Raider

On 5/10/2023 at 6:39 PM, tidefan said:

If you have seen what you feel is a better stateroom in the same category elsewhere, I’ve heard where people have called Princess & they have agreed to change them at no price change. 

Tom😀

11 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

We now always take a white noise machine and set it to the sound of rainfall.  It suits us very well and it blocks out all the external noises that might otherwise awaken us.  It is actually quite soothing and relaxing.  I’m not sure if that would be suitable for someone with migraines but it surely works for us.  We can book a cabin right under the pool deck and the noise from above is  not in the least bit bothersome.  
BTW, the cost was a mere $12.  

Have one of those, too and yes it’s lovely, but it doesn’t cancel noise, just adds soothing sounds.  I need earbuds that go into the ear and blocks all outer sounds.  Two different things, but buy what works for you.

• Like 1

I would imagine the window for noise isn’t that many hours. Perhaps only the hours between dinner and 11pm. It seems unlikely that there would be a band playing during the day. And if so, not for too long. 

it’s a shame about the migraines. But I think you’ve been upgraded to a nice spot. 

9 hours ago, tidefan said:

I did read today that if you have been upgraded, if you see another room in the same category you can switch location to that other room as long as it is the same category of cabin.