Adventure Coming To Canaveral-Need Feedback

I didnt mean aria was new (though it technically I suppose is newish on the strip, built around 2007/08), I mean it had a different type of filtration system (or so i recall reading) that makes smoke much less noticeable.  

Fwiw https://www.yogonet.com/international/news/2022/03/14/61782-new-study-ranks-mgm-39s-aria-as-strip-property-with-best-air-quality 

9 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We are doing the 4/4 and 4/12 as a B2B. Is Bella2 in 2025?

Yes come join us. Bellas 2 is wonder 2/2/25.

I considered those dates, but dont like the 4/12 ports. And the price for 6 days isnt good, I'm just now booking so current prices which probably have gone up. 4/12 to grand Bahamas is a junk port? And Jamaica.  .I like the ports better 4/18 eastern but it doesnt make good sense to get off for 6 days. I was arguing with myself yesterday and finally booked just 4/4... and the 2 in dec 2024. So I'm doing the 6 day over Christmas. First time over the holiday so it still feels odd. Lost my mom in January so just now can do it over a holiday. 

I might still book more but the prices arent exactly awesome to me. I just want the new ports. Bonaire 4/4 will be new for me. DR and St Croix will be new to me 12/13  ..I'm booking for the new ports more so than the ship. 

I guess I'm the only one who is booking right now and thinking the prices are high for adventure.

29 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

We might finally meet. I just booked 4/4 southern 8 days .. bella2 is feb 2, so I wanted to push out a bit after winder. 

I considered b2b2b .. but was looking at 4/4, 4/12 and 4/18 adventure. .. but only booked the 4/4 yesterday. 

Also booked adventure 12/13 and 12/21/24, and those 2 legs similar to the next 2 legs after 4/4 ...would i want almost the same again.

If you book we will meet 4/4. Not many southern to ABC offered. Hope to meet you then. 

We originally wanted to book 4/4 as the third leg but JS were completely sold out so we backed up a cruise and are doing the three prior.  It's been a few years since we've done the ABC's.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I guess I'm the only one who is booking right now and thinking the prices are high for adventure.

I'm thinking the prices are high for just about every cruise out of PC, lol. I just got what I have to now consider a good price on Wonder for Spring Break 2024 (and it actually is a decent price all things considered). The new normal is crazy.

I don't care for anything smaller than Voyager class and I was even looking at Enchantment out of Tampa b/c it's cheap and still a short drive for me. 🙈

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, OCSC Mike said:

I'm thinking the prices are high for just about every cruise out of PC, lol. I just got what I have to now consider a good price on Wonder for Spring Break 2024 (and it actually is a decent price all things considered). The new normal is crazy.

I'm eye balling moving there fall 2024, so wonder feb 2025 is what it is for bellas. At least I hope indent have to fly and will be moved there by then. The price for wonder for bellas is even higher than 8 day adventure.

I'm excited about seeing new ports I can get to from florida. Bermuda is on my list but adventure doesnt go there in the time frame I need. ..maybe the new itineraries when they come out around nov will go to Bermuda. Time to cross off some new ports. My jan 2024 carnival cruise does aruba and curacao... but not bonaire .. so right now I havent seen any of the ABC but scheduled there next jan out of Galveston.  4/4/25 adventure was a for sure for me to also see bonaire.

Sorry BND you couldn't get your JS on 4/4, ..I'm taking whatever, just want to get to these ports. I'm more about the ports than the ship or cabin. So called southern not offered many times.

I think I've been on adventure long ago, it's one size down from liberty as I remember and pizza is combined with the cafe?

50 minutes ago, BND said:

We originally wanted to book 4/4 as the third leg but JS were completely sold out so we backed up a cruise and are doing the three prior.  It's been a few years since we've done the ABC's.

There are JS now available for 4/4/25 but I guess you arent still interested.

I think I was looking wrong date but JS comes up now but probably too late for you to want to change. Prices are HIGH.

Edited by firefly333

18 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'm eye balling moving there fall 2024, so wonder feb 2025 is what it is for bellas. At least I hope indent have to fly and will be moved there by then. The price for wonder for bellas is even higher than 8 day adventure.

Yeah, Wonder was inflated from the start. But as recently as October there were 4-nighters on Indy for $129pp in the GGG sale for 4-5 straight weeks. Now the GGG flier is a joke. And in the past I could get last minute deals on Oasis class ships in the summer (my wife is a teacher so we're more or less on a school schedule even though we have no kids).

18 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I think I've been on adventure long ago, it's one size down from liberty as I remember and pizza is combined with the cafe?

I haven't been on Voyager class in forever but yes.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I considered those dates, but dont like the 4/12 ports. And the price for 6 days isnt good, I'm just now booking so current prices which probably have gone up. 4/12 to grand Bahamas is a junk port? And Jamaica. 

We are on Adventure from 2/7 through 2/21, so will miss Bella2.

My 4/12 itinerary does not show Grand Bahama:

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I just want the new ports. Bonaire 4/4 will be new for me.

We did this itinerary on Mariner last summer. It is a really good one:2 sea days down, ABC islands, 2 sea days back. No theme parks at sea😇

• Like 1

Price for 4/4 Adventure in the category we booked has gone up $1,800 as of today's mock booking😱

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Price for 4/4 Adventure in the category we booked has gone up $1,800 as of today's mock booking😱

As I posted above... "I'm thinking the prices are high for just about every cruise out of PC, lol." 😭

For a frugal cruiser used to booking last minute or using GGG or F&F sales (and not being retired or able to travel all the time), I'm really having to adjust.

I feel very fortunate that we already had an extended family cruise on the books for next month from a year ago and we can't cruise again after that for few months due to personal stuff anyway. Then I stumbled into a very reasonable price for Wonder in March thanks to a new TA. This thread is making me appreciate that price even more. I just have to figure something out for Summer 2024 next.

It's a perfectly reasonable ship.   Not new or luxurious, but a good ship.   If you like the itinerary and price of your cruise, you will have a good time.  The food was quite good, the service was excellent.  

Edited by kitkat343
  • Like 2

That's fair, but after sailing NCL for my last cruise I'm just grateful there is good food mostly in the dining room and buffet (on NCL you really have to fight to find decent free food) and the NCL specialty dining isn't even good.

Edited by kitkat343
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, kitkat343 said:

If you like the itinerary and price of your cruise, you will have a good time. 

Lol I like the ports. I think I've been saying I dont like the prices hahahaha

The other ship doing 7 days from this port is wonder and prices are worse. 

Orville99 if your price went up $1800 from the price you booked I hope you got a suite. Grand suite for 4/4/25??

Me and my bright ideas, move to florida ..cape Canaveral looks nice and quiet, let's move there and easy to cruise. .. now all the sudden prices look crazy high. What a great idea I had. I've bought the condo, so a little late to change ports. I'd love 16 dates like you booked ..do you get some secret  lower prices by booking so many on the same ship? I need to find some magic. If you have some secret you can whisper it to me 4/4/25 lol. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, kitkat343 said:

That's fair, but after sailing NCL for my last cruise I'm just grateful there is good food mostly in the dining room and buffet (on NCL you really have to fight to find decent free food) and the NCL specialty dining isn't even good.

And of course your position is fair, just different preferences. I can't comment on NCL, I just haven't been an MDR fan for a long time so I like having something besides WJ and Promenade Cafe. And fwiw, I am a WJ fan and I don't mind that the pizza from Sorrentos/Promenade Cafe isn't the best, it's edible to me.

14 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Me and my bright ideas, move to florida ..cape Canaveral looks nice and quiet, let's move there and easy to cruise. .. now all the sudden prices look crazy high. What a great idea I had.

You idea was fine when you had it, lol (I'm assuming it wasn't recently). Who knew?

I have a friend who lives over by Canaveral and loves it. If the sky is clear, I can see the fire trail of the rocket launches from my pool over here near Disney... so there's that.

19 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

You idea was fine when you had it, lol (I'm assuming it wasn't recently). Who knew?

I have a friend who lives over by Canaveral and loves it. If the sky is clear, I can see the fire trail of the rocket launches from my pool over here near Disney... so there's that.

My idea to move was 2 years ago during covid. I think  cruises were still shut down when I came up with moving here. Condo prices were on fire when I was looking and no one thought they woukdmslow down when I bought. It wasnt until last year the dreaded R  word, recession started and predictions of a crash which luckily didnt happen.

At least the beach is gorgeous here. I still have to sell my house in texas and all the work to move. Uggh. I need a magic wand to make it happen. I dread it. 2021 to me actually isnt so long ago but a lot changed. Prices on oceanfront condos would still be higher had I not jumped in when I did. But not that long ago to me. Maybe it depends on your age if 2 years is a long time ago. 

Orville99 if your price went up $1800 from the price you booked I hope you got a suite. Grand suite for 4/4/25??

Yep. 

Always book as soon as the new schedules come out, and since we always book B2B cruises, we generally book 10-12 cruises while on board over the course of the two legs. That usually gets us B2Bs or B3Bs in July, October, December, February, and April.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

I’ve sailed on her three times and I’ll be sailing her again over Christmas. 

We love the ship size. The rooms are outdated but clean. The balcony’s are a bit rusty and solid so you don’t get to see out when sitting. The staff have always been wonderful, especially the dining room staff. We like the helipad for sail always. It’s a quiet ship and doesn’t have the new flashy and kid driven activities, which we prefer. 

I just wish the cruise line would seriously consider revamping the staterooms. I think it would make all the difference. 

Editing to add I booked our 8 night Christmas sailing March 22 and I paid $749 pp. Originally booked on Vision but the sailing was changed to Adventure. I booked two connecting balcony cabins. This cruise is a steal and I’ll deal with the outdated rooms! 

Edited by twinmommy08

46 minutes ago, twinmommy08 said:

It’s a quiet ship and doesn’t have the new flashy and kid driven activities, which we prefer. 

Remember back when Voyager class ships were the new revelation in ship design with the Royal Promenade and Fromer's Guide to Cruising described them as Disney at sea?!

• Like 1

We are on Adventure in about 90 days on the 7 day Eastern Caribbean itinerary.  We have never been on this ship and this will only be our 2nd time on a Royal Carribbean ship. We booked it more for the itinerary than the ship. We have 2 connecting interior Promenade view cabins. DW is looking forward to Johnny Rockets on board. 

• Like 1

We are on the Adventure for an 8 night eastern Caribbean sailing in December. We were originally scheduled to sail on the Mariner, but it was switched to the Adventure. We were a bit unhappy that Royal also switched our cabin placement. It was the same category but not where we really wanted to be. We called Royal and they said that the original stateroom that we had was already gone. We decided not to push it as we did that once before and Royal cancelled out original reservation and booked a new one for over $500 more. After a big fight about just moving to a different stateroom in the same category, we got Royal to honor the original price.