Permission for a "forbidden" item.

EllieinNJ

I need to use one of those immersers (sp?) that go into a cup to boil water for a medical/dental problem.  Do I have to get permission from someone at Carnival before I cruise or just explain if they catch it while boarding?

2 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

I need to use one of those immersers (sp?) that go into a cup to boil water for a medical/dental problem.  Do I have to get permission from someone at Carnival before I cruise or just explain if they catch it while boarding?

If it’s banned they will confiscate it at boarding. I would want to know asap. Call Carnival. And make sure you get documentation from Carnival allowing it. A verbal ok to bring it on board won’t fly at the port. Good luck.

• Like 3

I don't know for sure what this is - but if the need is to heat up water; you would be much better off contacting special needs. They could almost certainly provide you with an electric kettle. They aren't going to give you permission to bring on an item that is forbidden for safety reasons. 

Edited by sanger727
  • Like 6

I doubt they will give you permission as this is banned for fire reasons.  Even if they do, it could still be a huge hassle when boarding and that's no way to start a vacation.  As mentioned, definitely contact the special needs department to see how they can assist. 

1 hour ago, sanger727 said:

I don't know for sure what this is - but if the need is to heat up water; you would be much better off contacting special needs. They could almost certainly provide you with an electric kettle. They aren't going to give you permission to bring on an item that is forbidden for safety reasons. 

Kettles aren't the answer, Carnival doesn't have them.

The closest that Carnival could provide would be a carafe of hot water from room service, or the hot water tap on the coffee machine at the Lido buffet. None of these will be boiling water though of course.

On 5/11/2023 at 11:00 AM, sanger727 said:

They most certainly will not provide anyone with items that are specifically banned as electrical/fire hazards, like electric kettles, however hot water is always available 24/7 on the lido deck. Bring a thermal mug with a lid for safety.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Beer knurd said:

They most certainly will not provide anyone with items that are specifically banned as electrical/fire hazards, like electric kettles, however hot water is always available 24/7 on the lido deck. Bring a thermal mug with a lid for safety.

Many cruise lines do offer electric kettles upon request. It appears carnival doesn't; but that's why I suggested it could be a possibility. 

Edited by sanger727

Carnival marches to the beat of (their own) drummer. Kettles and coffee makers are provided on some other lines. Heck, a couple times on NCL they even brought me a clothes iron and a full size ironing board for use in our cabin.

Tom

4 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

Just FYI I did email the special services department and was turned down.

So seems you already have your answer. It will not br allowed. 

Not sure why you are asking us. If special needs said no, the answer is no. 

Either cancel or use the hottest water you can get in the buffet for your dental issue.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

So seems you already have your answer. It will not br allowed. 

Not sure why you are asking us. If special needs said no, the answer is no. 

Either cancel or use the hottest water you can get in the buffet for your dental issue.

The thread was opened a week ago so it's very likely the thread was posted before special needs gave their reply.

• Thanks 1