IV Cabin Humidity

Julma

I've been in an IV cabin twice.  I don't love them, but I don't hate them, they're fine.  I noticed in the Caribbean the room seemed hot.  The AC had an issue keeping up.  I'd try to keep the veranda doors closed to keep the heat out.  Just back from a TA where it misted and rained for days, we also had somewhat rough seas.  Our room got damp.  So much so that there was a film of moisture on the floor and walls in the veranda area.  When it dried it left salt residue.  The window seemed to seal and I didn't notice any wind sounds coming from the window.  Has anyone else noticed these issues?

I find in general that it is more humid in the room while in the Caribbean regardless of the ship or cabin category...the only exception I've found is with an interior stateroom...the lack of floor to ceiling window and the size makes for quite a cool room.  What you have described sounds dreadful!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jwlane said:

If you had the window open and the doors closed, the A/C was OFF.

Yes, based on the OPs description that seems to be the case. I've been in IV cabins multiple times and there's never been an issue with humidity. 

15 hours ago, jwlane said:

If you had the window open and the doors closed, the A/C was OFF.

If you mean the inside folding doors these are not connected to the Aircon. Window open Aircon is off regardless of whether the folding doors are open or closed.

If the window is open, the air-conditioning goes off and the bifold doors have no effect.   But from the OP’s description, that the window seemed sealed, there might have been something else going on.  Some other malfunction in the air handling system?

• Like 1

No the windows were not open, they were closed the whole time.  The weather was cool rain and mist.  Like I stated the walls and floor in the IV area were wet (more of a moisture film like when you come out of the shower) and when they dried there was salt residue, so moisture was def getting in.  I was trying to determine if the IV windows let in moisture even when closed or if the one in my cabin was faulty.

4 minutes ago, Julma said:

No the windows were not open, they were closed the whole time.  The weather was cool rain and mist.  Like I stated the walls and floor in the IV area were wet (more of a moisture film like when you come out of the shower) and when they dried there was salt residue, so moisture was def getting in.  I was trying to determine if the IV windows let in moisture even when closed or if the one in my cabin was faulty.

Your cabin was definitely faulty. That never, ever happened to me staying in an IV cabin 2x on the Edge and 1x on the Beyond. 

On 5/13/2023 at 8:36 AM, Julma said:

I noticed in the Caribbean the room seemed hot.  The AC had an issue keeping up.  I'd try to keep the veranda doors closed to keep the heat out.

5 minutes ago, Julma said:

No the windows were not open, they were closed the whole time.  The weather was cool rain and mist.

You were referring to the Caribbean, not the TA, in your original post where you mentioned the veranda doors.

23 minutes ago, Julma said:

Did you talk to Guest Relations about this while you were on the ship? Did they send anyone from the engineering department to check on it?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have yet to sail in the Caribbean on any line that the room was cool enough in the night…Celebrity, Royal, MSC and NCL…all them seem somewhat lacking to me on AC. 

it is always much cooler on the inside common areas of any ship I have ever sailed on. 

I will say I have never experienced what you describe. 

7 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Did you talk to Guest Relations about this while you were on the ship? Did they send anyone from the engineering department to check on it?  

I did not.  It wasn't that big a deal.  I just wanted to see if it was something others had experienced or a one off.  Seems it was a one off.