Royal Caribbean ships ?

I know things have changed over these past few years. If you have cruised on RCCL within this past year, did your ship still have formal nights? If RCCL no longer has formal nights, would you tell me the name of these ships?

6 minutes ago, beshears said:

I know things have changed over these past few years. If you have cruised on RCCL within this past year, did your ship still have formal nights? If RCCL no longer has formal nights, would you tell me the name of these ships?

We have sailed multiple times in the past six months.  They now call it Dress Your Best but it really doesn’t mean anything.  You will see a few dressed formally, some who will do the shirt/tie and then you will see a lot of pants with collared shirts.

If you are worried about having to dress formally don’t worry about it…..long pants or jeans and a nice shirt is fine even on the “formal” nights.  You will not be out of place!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, beshears said:

I see you have posted this question in every cruiseline. If you wish to dress up, do it. No one will think you look out of place.

There is no particular ship that has different dress codes within the same cruiseline.

I also see you vetoed mardi gras as having too many people to deal with. Rcl has some bigger ships than mardi gras with great shows and food. More people on a bigger ship doesnt always mean more crowded...though rcl does have more sf per pax than carnival. 

Do a higher end line line celebrity or Holland America if you want a more dressed up cruise. 

Ive seen guys go into the dining room on dress up night with a plain tee shirt and shorts and I've seen guys really dressed nice on formal night. I personally like a nice shirt ,slacks and a jacket on dress up night, but that's just me!

We had one cruise that posted "Formal" in the app and "Dress your best"  on the compass. ( maybe it was the other way around).  All ships use one or the other language. We've sailed on 8 different ships within the past year, and all had some sort of formal/dress your best night.  Cruises were from 3 nights to 12 nights. The exception would be a full charter.

It is meaningless as passengers can wear anything they want ( no wet swimsuits) any night.  

m

Edited by cruisegirl1

Some ships call it "Dress to Impress".  Across the fleet there is no rigid dress code.  

If you are seeking a cruise line with a rigid formal dress code that is enforced Royal is not your cruise line. 

If you are trying to avoid a cruise line that imposes and enforces a formal dress code then Royal is for you. 

• Like 2

To each of you who has replied back to my question, thank you! Yes firefly333, I did post this question on more than one sight, as I DO cruise on more than one cruise line as well. From those of you who posted here, I get your feedback of how RCCL is doing now.