The Real Scoop on Dressing Down

carlsbadbruin

4 minutes ago, D&N said:

Wouldn't having something like this in the kitchen solve that problem? We have one on hand all the time. They don't have cakes on them though.

61uHdsKm-oL._AC_UX569_.jpg

You haven’t seen me prepare spag bol! A wet suit might be more appropriate.🙂

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, foodsvcmgr said:

What I have difficulty understanding is why anyone looking for a casual evening experience would select Cunard?

Some spouses like going to Cunard voyages to dress up and dance while his/her spouse rebels against all that. We’ve seen that in various posts here. 

Luckily DW and I agree on the dress code. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, NE John said:

Some spouses like going to Cunard voyages to dress up and dance while his/her spouse rebels against all that. We’ve seen that in various posts here. 

Also, some people want to cross the Atlantic without flying.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, foodsvcmgr said:

It appears everyone is making similar points leading to a similar conclusion that the confusion emanates from many prospective passengers not familiar with dressing anymore in the manner stipulated.

As I stated, being a F&B Director I still wore suits, albeit with no tie.

A tech Director though might only wear jeans to work despite his rank and salary.

Cunard and travel agents need to do better explaining the dress code up front so that new passengers can decide if they wish to buy the clothes required or would be more comfortable elsewhere.

What I have difficulty understanding is why anyone looking for a casual evening experience would select Cunard?

I agree.  Although I have asked friends to join me on Cunard who do not own any kind of formal wear but who can certainly dress "smart" for the more casual nights.   I advised them they could do room service on the gala nights and still enjoy the cruise.

3 hours ago, NE John said:

Dressing Across the Pond........lol

On 6/4/2023 at 3:12 AM, Lakesregion said:

Go away for a week and this thread is still pulling them in. Reminds one of an old Jane Fonda Movie.

I almost regret asking the question about Hawaiian shirts on the thread and bringing it back to life a week ago 🙂.  Based on the discussion we "probably" will not go on Cunard.  I would love to do a round trip TA, but we also like to be a "bit" more casual when travelling.  We do make an effort in the evenings and do not want jeans, shorts and t-shirts, but Cunard is probably not the line for us.  I just wish other cruise line (e.g. Princess) enforced their dress code as well as Cunard appears to do.

• Haha 1