Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo - May-21-26-2023

sid_9169

12 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

I know they offer it, but do you get a room card as well or are you happy with just the bracelet?

I don’t believe a card is ever an options. The bracelet serves as your cabin key and your card to purchase items. It’s made sustainably from recycled items and what not. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I don’t believe a card is ever an options. The bracelet serves as your cabin key and your card to purchase items. It’s made sustainably from recycled items and what not. 

Actually, it is an option (at least according to their website)

I do not like wearing things on my wrist, are there other options other than the wearable?

--There are plenty of ways to rock The Band based on your style. Wear it as a bracelet, on your belt or simply tuck it in your pocket, we'll give you The Band as a keepsake no matter how you want to carry it. However, if you prefer a key card, we'll have some on standby at the terminal. Please note, fun extras like Shake for Champagne, ShipEats on the pool deck and quick access to events is not available with a standard key card.

My question is better defined as "Can you get a key card in ADDITION to the band?" as some folks keep the key cards as souvenirs.

Edited by SeaShark
  • Like 1

Now the Captain said when they removed the tire, something was wrong with the brakes. Looks like we're going to be sitting here a while longer... Hopefully the guys (or gals) doing the work know what they're doing...

• Like 9

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

Went ahead and bought one of those expensive bottles of airport water. First in line for main cabin 1... *** The guy in the picture was waiting to talk to an agent...

I've started traveling with a refillable water bottle filled with ice.  Since the ice is frozen and not a liquid, it can go through security.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I was working without a net during my packing process, so we'll find out at some point what item or items I forgot... I know I have my prescription meds and CBD oil, so at least I'll be able to sleep... 

• Like 11

One of my travel traditions is calling my mom from the airport before I head out... I went ahead and knocked that out, albeit a little later than usual. Some of you know that I've already broken one of my long time traditions already this trip... That's part of what this journey is all about. Trying to turn the page, and let the past be the past, and see what might lye ahead in the future.........

• Like 31

1 minute ago, sid_9169 said:

One of my travel traditions is calling my mom from the airport before I head out... I went ahead and knocked that out, albeit a little later than usual. Some of you know that I've already broken one of my long time traditions already this trip... That's part of what this journey is all about. Trying to turn the page, and let the past be the past, and see what might lye ahead in the future.........

❤️

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

At long last, they've finally shut the door, and soon we'll be pushing back and heading to Miami! See you all there! 

For my sanity this is why I never fly to the port on the day of the cruise!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

By the time I get home next Friday I'll have the whole set!

PXL_20230520_113305028.jpg

Ya got two more to go. 😁 Seas the Day and Ahoy, Saylor. That means another VV curise. haha

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Actually, it is an option (at least according to their website)

I do not like wearing things on my wrist, are there other options other than the wearable?

--There are plenty of ways to rock The Band based on your style. Wear it as a bracelet, on your belt or simply tuck it in your pocket, we'll give you The Band as a keepsake no matter how you want to carry it. However, if you prefer a key card, we'll have some on standby at the terminal. Please note, fun extras like Shake for Champagne, ShipEats on the pool deck and quick access to events is not available with a standard key card.

My question is better defined as "Can you get a key card in ADDITION to the band?" as some folks keep the key cards as souvenirs.

That’s interesting. It’s never been mentioned in training. I wonder if it’s still an option or if it’s like them sending the bracelets pre cruise… use to be an option but not anymore. I’ll have to inquire. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

A hundred points up for grabs for the first person to notice what's different in this picture than past adventures... (Jeopardy music playing in the background...)

PXL_20230520_135425309.jpg

Different “holder” on your chain. 

• Like 3

On 5/19/2023 at 7:01 AM, sid_9169 said:

It's cloudy, but at least it's not raining... Getting ready to tackle my final day of work before the fun begins! Something tells me that today's work day most assuredly won't be fun. We're still trying to dig out from the mess we made there yesterday. 

I didn't end up doing any packing last night, so basically everything is left for today. Also still in my "to do" list: cutting my hair and shaving... Gathering all the "little things" like q tips, toothpaste and toothbrush, ear plugs, and prescription meds... 

I also realized that I forgot to wash one of the pairs of shorts I was planning on bringing, so now I have to try and find enough stuff to make a load of laundry... Again, I really feel like I'm losing my mind.........

PXL_20230519_105048524.jpg

Such a pretty view from your apartment. Those chicken wings looked delicious. I’m still trying to make friends with my air fryer. How long do you cook them for and at what temperature? 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, pcrum said:

Such a pretty view from your apartment. Those chicken wings looked delicious. I’m still trying to make friends with my air fryer. How long do you cook them for and at what temperature? 

I use my Ninja air fryer/pressure cooker.  From the Ninja Foodi Deluxe cookbook:

Pour 1/2 cup water into pot.  Place frozen wings in Cook & Crisp basket and place in pot.

Secure pressure cooker lid. Select Pressure and set on High for 5 minutes.  Start.

When pressure is done, release steam valve and Vent.  Carefully remove lid.  Pat wings dry and toss with 2 tablespoons oil in basket.  Secure Air Crisp lid.  Set temp to 390, time for 15 minutes. Start.

Halfway through stir or shake wings then resume for rest of time.  Make Buffalo sauce if wanted and toss wings in sauce.  Super yummy!

If you are using fresh not frozen wings just follow the recipe from tossing wings with oil then using Air Crisp.

Edited by ninjacat123
more info
  • Like 3

After a flight that seemingly lasted FOREVER, I'm finally on the ground here in Miami... I made my way as quickly as I could to the Miami Mover which takes you from the airport to the Metro Rail, then reloaded my EZ card with ten bucks worth of value. The train arrived right when I got to the bottom of the escalator. 

Great, now their about to dump us off at the first exit... I thought that I was well on my way...

PXL_20230520_173604677.jpg

• Like 14