Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo - May-21-26-2023

sid_9169

11 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I use my Ninja air fryer/pressure cooker.  From the Ninja Foodi Deluxe cookbook:

Pour 1/2 cup water into pot.  Place frozen wings in Cook & Crisp basket and place in pot.

Secure pressure cooker lid. Select Pressure and set on High for 5 minutes.  Start.

When pressure is done, release steam valve and Vent.  Carefully remove lid.  Pat wings dry and toss with 2 tablespoons oil in basket.  Secure Air Crisp lid.  Set temp to 390, time for 15 minutes. Start.

Halfway through stir or shake wings then resume for rest of time.  Make Buffalo sauce if wanted and toss wings in sauce.  Super yummy!

If you are using fresh not frozen wings just follow the recipe from tossing wings with oil then using Air Crisp.

Thank you. I just have an air fryer without the pressure cooker feature. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

reloaded my EZ card with ten bucks worth of value.

FYI: You don't need to buy or use an EZ card if your credit card or smart phone are tapable. Just tap your card or phone at the gate when entering or leaving the station.

• Like 2

Now ANOTHER train shows up but it's also NOT continuing downtown... Most of my day already has been spent in subway stations, in the airplane, and now waiting at another subway station... Did I mention that I have to pee? I may end up with uromisotisis...

PXL_20230520_175947601.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 4

On 5/19/2023 at 4:30 PM, carohs said:

I feel like this learning this skill is a requirement to pass freshman year of college, especially living in the dorms!

When I was an undergrad I was in the volleyball club and there was an abiding theory that if you drank just right amount the night before you would play brilliantly the next morning! We had mixed results with that theory.
There were 2 fellas in the club who were notorious for falling asleep at the night club and regularly had to be carried out to the bus back to our accommodation but they were also 2 of the best players in the club. At one tournament one of the sleepers woke up as we got back to the accommodations (everyone sleeping in the sports hall on gym mats) he disappeared off into the bowls of the building, he reappeared just in time for the first game the next morning still in his nightclub attire. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Transportation frustrations continue to mount... After the long delay for the Metro Rail, now the Metro Mover is on limited service. I finally just ended up walking about a mile to my hotel, the citizenM Worldcenter. I can get ahead and tell you that I don't recommend it...

• Like 15

15 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Transportation frustrations continue to mount... After the long delay for the Metro Rail, now the Metro Mover is on limited service. I finally just ended up walking about a mile to my hotel, the citizenM Worldcenter. I can get ahead and tell you that I don't recommend it...

I think you are WAY overdue for a drink! 🍹

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I can get ahead and tell you that I don't recommend it...

That's a shame. I really enjoyed my stay at their Brickell location.

Then again, I was happy to have any room at all, since I was stranded at the last minute on Christmas Eve.

• Like 3

Got settled in the room after a very frustrating check in experience. It's one of those tech forward type places where you do it all yourself on a screen. Well, that didn't work, so they had an actual employee check me in. Why couldn't they just do that in the first place? After twenty minutes, I finally got my room key and headed up to the smallest hotel room I've ever seen. Almost like a cruise ship cabin, and even has a cruise ship toilet. 

I found the safe and put my money away, then immediately headed towards the Metro Mover station. From there a short walk to a decent place to summon an Uber. Several minutes later I was up in Wynwood to test out at least one "new to me" place Le Chik... I'm drinking water now to hydrate, but drinks soon. Some truffle deviled eggs to start.

PXL_20230520_194512506.thumb.jpg.a2cc662471794e8be471f15ac45c4756.jpg

PXL_20230520_194515128.jpg

• Like 23

36 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

On the bright side . . .

By this time tomorrow, you will be in a better place.

With a margarita.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Got settled in the room after a very frustrating check in experience. It's one of those tech forward type places where you do it all yourself on a screen. Well, that didn't work, so they had an actual employee check me in. Why couldn't they just do that in the first place? After twenty minutes, I finally got my room key and headed up to the smallest hotel room I've ever seen. Almost like a cruise ship cabin, and even has a cruise ship toilet. 

I found the safe and put my money away, then immediately headed towards the Metro Mover station. From there a short walk to a decent place to summon an Uber. Several minutes later I was up in Wynwood to test out at least one "new to me" place Le Chik... I'm drinking water now to hydrate, but drinks soon. Some truffle deviled eggs to start.

PXL_20230520_194512506.thumb.jpg.a2cc662471794e8be471f15ac45c4756.jpg

PXL_20230520_194515128.jpg

Looks delicious, enjoy!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

A few pictures from my incredibly small hotel room... Oh, I don't really get a phone signal there...

PXL_20230520_184654251.thumb.jpg.ca6422098974a2a4c5c48abbe3157bdf.jpg

PXL_20230520_184701183.thumb.jpg.5ccc1630144a846e1b9e0005df008d38.jpg

PXL_20230520_184712303.thumb.jpg.a6d38b6418167b046d5fb94b97cbe19e.jpg

PXL_20230520_184718624.thumb.jpg.4c6af5eaef358b337584093e62ce2f1e.jpg

PXL_20230520_184724582.jpg

Woah. That is small!

I just put a hold on the Homewood Suites in Brickell for my December Virgin sailing. It was a surprisingly low price so I grabbed it!

• Like 5

On 5/19/2023 at 2:18 PM, sid_9169 said:

A little less than two hours to go in what has proven to be one of the longest weeks ever here at the 'ol salt mine... Normally on the night before vacation I like to kick it off with a nice dinner out somewhere, but I still have to do one load of laundry, so it'll probably be something quick and simple. I haven't even started packing yet, which I'm at least a leg up on normally. Then again, nothing has seemed anywhere close to normal for a long long time...

Too much normal is boring. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Transportation and hotel problems aside, hopefully I can get things going on the right direction now. I still can't believe how small that hotel room is. AND, it was almost $300 a night!

One from the restroom here at Le Chick... (Sorry, I spelled it wrong earlier)

PXL_20230520_200324636.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

By the way, the only proper answer to the question of mayonnaise is Duke's...

PXL_20230519_220349484.jpg

As a lifelong Hellman’s girl, after moving to NC and trying Duke’s I totally agree!!! I never in my life thought I’d ever like any mayo other than Hellman’s!

• Like 4