Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo - May-21-26-2023

sid_9169

I'll have a little bit of time in the morning, but I wanted to get a good head start on my packing so it wouldn't be so hectic... I laid out all my dirty clothes on a large sheet of plastic (large garbage bag cut open into one large layer)... Then laid everything nice and neat on top, then folded and taped up. Next, the entire thing went into another brand new scented 13 gallon garbage bag, and placed in my suitcase... Now, I don't have to worry about all of my soiled clothing getting all over my nice clean suitcase! 

I know that this is probably wayyy over the top for some people, but it'll make me sleep better tonight knowing that my dirty drawers aren't contaminating my carry on bag...

PXL_20230526_020932651.thumb.jpg.28ecf9a7a52140bd9be2ae8d44ff89b1.jpg

PXL_20230526_021458308.thumb.jpg.2665ee0f7236b3be3d828da55c069b65.jpg

PXL_20230526_021946963.jpg

• Like 15

@ Sid dinner looked amazing…glad the awful lobster was the only bad meal this trip..thank you for taking us along with you on this wonderful vacation. Safe trip home and good luck with whatever choices you make about life going forward.

• Like 13

Sid, it really worked for me the “go off and enjoy yourself, write about it later” approach, rather than a continues blow by blow.  You seemed to capture the same information with your usual style.  I usually read a few pages at a time to catch up.

I hope this allowed you to have more time to enjoy on your own.  Sounds like a fun holiday.  Safe travels

• Like 9

Sleeping in until 7:30 would be blasphemy on most cruise lines, but I don't have to be out of here until 10:30... It's looking like a beautiful day here in the Magic City, and I've still got a long ahead of me... Need to go and find coffee...

PXL_20230526_113111371.jpg

• Like 18

The Deep Blue Extras are supposed to cover specialty coffee up to $10 a day, but only the charge for the first full day have been deleted from my account... Either way, I still came out great with the $400 in Sailor Loot and $100 free Bar Tab. Pretty much covered everything I've had on the ship, including those expensive shots of tequila... Breakfast incoming... Hopefully... I had my order fall through the cracks the first time I had breakfast here.

And, just as I was typing, this appeared. Western omelette and a couple of hash browns. Probably the least appetizing thing I've seen on board, but it'll do today.

PXL_20230526_120045705.thumb.jpg.f2ef5bbffbee36c07a980188687c6a4e.jpg

PXL_20230526_120402021.jpg

• Like 13
  • Haha 3

Go visit Sailor Services and they will remove your speciality coffee charges. It's normal for it to take days to credit. It has happened to me in the past. But if you want it credited, I suggest you do it before leaving the ship.

Edited by Freelancer3
  • Like 5

I guess I need some kind of plan for today. I thought about storing my luggage at the airport and taking the bus to South Beach... Being Memorial Day weekend, I'm sure it's packed over there... Or, just taking a cab over to Brickell and try and do something there. In that case I'd have my bags, so... Other option is hanging out at the airport for hours, which sucks... Decisions...

• Like 10

Thanks for sharing your cruise!  Amazing photos and reviews...I want to try to go back to your past reviews as well.

I know you mentioned liking Extra Virgin bartender...Does he still win over all the other bartenders you came in contact with?  

• Like 2