Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo - May-21-26-2023

sid_9169

4 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

After unpacking and a shower, I ended up crashing hard last night, and slept pretty good... The dreams were coming left and right, and now I'm firmly back to reality, and on solid ground. Turns out that when I left here exactly a week ago today, I left some dishes in the sink, so that's where I'll get started.

I also filled the washer with most of my dirty laundry from the trip, and soon it'll be but a memory. 

I put my Virgin Voyages Band in the box with my three prior ones, and now I have the whole set. Now, to begin planning my next adventure... No idea when, or what ship that might be, but it's safe to say I have a ton of stuff to figure out here in the meantime... 

Thanks to all of you great readers who followed the entire journey straight from the beginning, and as soon as I can get back through the entire thing, I'll be thanking every single one of you personally by username... 

Now, to try and begin putting the pieces together for the next chapter in my life.........

Once again, thanks to all of you for being a huge part of this epic journey!...

PXL_20230527_015148227.jpg

Spectacular trip report Sid! I enjoyed sailing with you!

As you move forward, remember, Rome wasn't built in a day. Make your changes slowly and deliberately. You have a ton of people behind you!

• Like 9

I realized that I hadn't had a single bite to eat since the Miami airport yesterday... I did some housework and whatnot this morning, and I'm just now getting out for lunch. I came over to one of my favorite old haunts in my neighborhood, Superica. Sort of "elevated Mexican", but one of my favorite things here is the hambuguesa, their take on a burger. It's sloppy and messy like any great burger should be. 

They have a huge wall of pictures here with celebrity mug shots. There must be a hundred or more.

PXL_20230527_171827776.thumb.jpg.f819022255a9ead6610ef18e6f56c612.jpg

PXL_20230527_171839613.thumb.jpg.75bdded4f7be250aafea752b3d2cb1ab.jpg

PXL_20230527_171903540.jpg

• Like 17

1 minute ago, sid_9169 said:

Feels so strange having three more days off before having to go back to work... I could get used to this! Anyhoo, back to lunch... Now, that is one sloppy tasty burger!

PXL_20230527_172717162.thumb.jpg.92a5982480014e02ff8f5a8ef55e326f.jpg

PXL_20230527_172726042.thumb.jpg.42ea0a0c47d9c534a90e0c174fdf33ce.jpg

PXL_20230527_172730938.jpg

That is a sloppy Joe!!👍

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Sid,

Some advice from an old man....

Don't let future changes scare you. People reinvent themselves all the time.

In fact, Mother Nature's law of survival is, "Adapt or Perish."

Words of great wisdom! Truth. I'm still doing that and I ain't no spring chicken (as they say).

• Like 4

Great review!!! Thank you!!! I always take the week before off work and the week after off of work when I take a vacations.  I don’t have much money, but the one thing I do have with having my job for 36 years is a lot of vacation days and I use every single one of them.  😊😊 

I enjoy the anticipation and preparing the week before leaving  and I need the trying to get back to normal routine before having to go back to work.  

Your reviews are so down to earth and fun to read and your photos are amazing.  Thank you for sharing!!! Take care of you and just take it one day at a time.

We have not gotten to cruise since December 2018 and we have our next one planned in December of this year on the NCL Encore, so we are living thru you and all the other cruise critic travelers until we can cruise again!!! Thank you for taking the time to post your experiences!!! ❤️❤️

• Like 12

Always late (me); always great (your reviews).  Thanks for taking us along on another Sid adventure. 

I hope the Jinxy cruise works out for October.  Now where to catch up next....The Tribe, Saint Greg's review....decisions.

• Like 5

Sorry if I sorta fell off the edge of the Planet once I got back home. I've just been enjoying the few extra days off before my return to the 'ol salt mine tomorrow. I'm pretty much caught up on the laundry, and I'm about to pack my carry on bag away, as I have no idea when I'll need it again. 

Yesterday, I made the long drive out to Rome GA to see some old friends, as well as enjoy some nice homemade bbq. Brisket, pork, beans, pasta salad, marinated olives, corn, and garlic bread. We did a little target shooting and smoked up some of my Cuban cigar collection...

Since I was sooo far from home, I didn't do any drinking while out there, and I'm going to be having some completely non drinking nights coming up. 

I'm going to have the traditional Thanksgiving you list together soon, as I really appreciate each and every one of you who followed along on my little adventure. If it weren't for all of you, there'd be no reason at all to even do this...

PXL_20230528_182558346.thumb.jpg.289726b2d2751f0e0b8b1a2ec8dbf089.jpg

PXL_20230528_182600693.thumb.jpg.3a4557a038fc588612f6478de0b2f550.jpg

PXL_20230528_135139655.jpg

• Like 31
  • Haha 1