Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo - May-21-26-2023

sid_9169

On 5/25/2023 at 1:57 PM, ociana said:

When we went a few months ago we had found a 10am open on Google but they showed up about 10:30.  So delicious!

Google needs to allow an -ish on opening times. I want to put 5pm-ish for our closing time at work as we close earlier of it’s deadly quiet or if it’s been a busy day and we get a lull at 4.50pm-ish. The local chippers all have ish beside their opening times on their windows here. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

This cruise was great, but certainly not my greatest ever... 

I suspect taking the same ship to the same ports four times in the last couple of years may feel like a "Been there, done that" experience. If you don't want to jump out of your east coast nest have you thought about a Canada/New England cruise just to mix things up?.

Amtak or plane to NYC>over night play day in Manhattan>board the ship>fly home.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I'm thinking that our new departure time isn't happening either... The plane hasn't even landed yet, and they have to deplane, get out all the luggage, clean the plane, ECT... 

Clean the plane?  Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

Alright, I'm in my seat and my bag is stashed. Now, if everyone else can do the same I might get home today while it's still daylight... As a bonus, I've got an average sized human on both sides, so nobody is spilling over into my area...

• Like 14
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

I just got the email with my final charges for the cruise, and I owe a grand total of $53.32

They did delete the charges for the specialty coffee as agreed, and I didn't go visit Sailor Services, it was just automatic. That makes me feel better about their Deep Blue Extras... I also picked up a bottle of cologne last night before bed for $88 after I noticed that they never charged me for the sixty dollar shot of tequila... Bonus!

Screenshot_20230526-132753.png

If my onboard spending ever dipped below 4 digits, I’d cruise more often!   I can’t imagine a bill that’s only 2 digits.

• Like 7

It's currently exactly our "new takeoff time" and people are still filing into the plane... At least they're not having to do an emergency tire and brakes change while we sit here like on the way down here... 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, sid_9169 said:

Now they're saying that to avoid some weather, we're going to be flying East towards the Bahamas before going North to Atlanta... I should've just got a hotel room...

Is it too late for you to request a parachute so you can drop back into your happy place in the Bahamas?

I think I’ll pose that question in the Tribe - which Caribbean island is your ultimate happy place?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Now they're saying that to avoid some weather, we're going to be flying East towards the Bahamas before going North to Atlanta... I should've just got a hotel room...

Oh geez

• Like 5

3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Nothing says vacation like sitting in the airport all day... This sucks, but it is what it is...

Great... I just got an alert that my flight is delayed... Serenity Now!!!!!!...

Screenshot_20230526-144315.png

Tequila now!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, atanac said:

I suspect taking the same ship to the same ports four times in the last couple of years may feel like a "Been there, done that" experience. If you don't want to jump out of your east coast nest have you thought about a Canada/New England cruise just to mix things up?.

Amtak or plane to NYC>over night play day in Manhattan>board the ship>fly home.

Not for me, the ship can be my destination 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

I love how people say "have a safe flight!"... That's really up to God, the pilot, and the aircraft maintenance team... I've got nothing to do either way with it...

As far as I'm concerned, when I say it I mean "Please God, let the flight arrive safely." So I'll take every "have a safe flight" I can get. I really have a deep-seated fear of flying. I just am able to push it way down in my consciousness... unless there is turbulence. Then I silently cry if it lasts too long. A drink and/or a Xanax really helps me! 🙂

• Like 13

On the floor in Atlanta, and hopefully I can actually make it home before 9:00... The girl next to me on the plane is sick, so hopefully I haven't caught whatever cooties she's infected with... I guess that we'll find out in a few days... 

• Like 17

2 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

On the floor in Atlanta, and hopefully I can actually make it home before 9:00... The girl next to me on the plane is sick, so hopefully I haven't caught whatever cooties she's infected with... I guess that we'll find out in a few days... 

Ahhh geez. Of course she is…..

• Like 9

All of my Breeze cards turned out to be empty, so I had to go to the machine and add value to one of them... Seconds later I was on the escalator up to the train... With a bit of luck I'll be at Lindbergh station in about a half hour, then with a little more luck I can catch an Uber quickly the rest of the way home... Probably not going to make it by 9:00, but a few minutes after. Fingers crossed... Plan when I get home: take a quick shower, and start getting ready for bed... Maybe one shot of tequila to take the edge off this long long day...

PXL_20230527_002037325.jpg

• Like 23