mini suites

cruisemel

11 minutes ago, cruisemel said:

Are mini suites usually located on certain decks or can be spread out over multiple decks?

Mini-suites are located on various decks.  Check the deck plans for whatever ship you are considering.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, skynight said:

Grand Class ships have almost all minis on deck 9 with about a dozen of them on deck 8 aft.

Our preferred mini-suites are those on deck 8 aft because their balconies are fully covered.  We also love the quiet location and the fact that they are the least expensive mini-suite category is a bonus.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Our preferred mini-suites are those on deck 8 aft because their balconies are fully covered.  We also love the quiet location and the fact that they are the least expensive mini-suite category is a bonus.

That the Emerald dozen are the cheapest has become a problem. Princess has made the Cat ME a entry fare and has put them out as guarantee only. There are also some ME forward on the Dolphin deck. I've found a few sailings where you can actually book them, but it's rare. We always book on opening day just to get one of those cabins as we like the full cover. I've written several emails and so far crickets.

21 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

We only book mini suites and we try to get the ones on Lido deck.  Very convenient during the day and at night they are surprisingly quiet.

We were going to book one on the Majestic, but were worried about the pool area overhead. Have you sailed in one of those? We took the Riviera deck just to be sure.

Edited by Yehootu

4 minutes ago, Yehootu said:

That the Emerald dozen are the cheapest has become a problem. Princess has made the Cat ME a entry fare and has put them out as guarantee only. There are also some ME forward on the Dolphin deck. I've found a few sailings where you can actually book them, but it's rare. We always book on opening day just to get one of those cabins as we like the full cover. I've written several emails and so far crickets.

We were going to book one on the Majestic, but were worried about the pool area overhead. Have you sailed in one of those? We took the Riviera deck just to be sure.

Never sailed on Majestic, but we have not had any noise issues on the other Royal class ships.  The Retreat Pool on Sundeck is very quiet at night.  We also have sailed on Marina deck if Lido is unavailable.  The Lido deck cabins sell out quickly.

12 minutes ago, Yehootu said:

I had read that and am prepared to have an issue the next time we book although I was looking at some of the Emerald 2024 summer cruises and noticed that on the ones I looked at it did allow choosing the cabin.  So, as usual, there is no rhyme or reason with some of Princess' actions.

• Like 1