Funny Upgrade Offer?!

Lee Cruiser

We've received a lot of upgrade offers over the years, but this has to be the worst one ever.  To start with we typically book the areas we want to start with.  In this case it was a balcony cabin on Valor, mid-ship deck 7.  We received an upgrade offer yesterday.  When I clicked on it just to see what the offer was, it was a move from the deck 7 balcony to a deck 8 balcony for $206.  You can book that cabin right now for only $24 more.  We prefer deck 7 because we don't want to be below the Lido, so we wouldn't have taken it even it were free.  We've seen a lot of upgrades offers (some for suites for a few hundred more or higher deck balcony for $15-20 more), but this one is actually laughable!

upgrade offer.png

Edited by Lee Cruiser
  • Haha 5

• Lee Cruiser changed the title to Funny Upgrade Offer?!

Yeah, it's interesting what the computer tries to claim is an upgrade.

(Truth be told, we actually love deck 8 because of the overhang. But I know what you mean about having to be careful about the location regarding traffic above.)

5 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

At $206 for one deck up, I would hate to see what higher decks would be

There was also different cabin choices wich were higher costs obviously

My bet is that some uneducated cruiser will think that is a bargain and grab it.  However, those who research (Like Lee Cruiser) know better than to jump at an offer like that.

5 hours ago, wemjam said:

Not alone, we have received "upsell" offers and when I priced it direct it was more than if I just upgrade my room myself and paid the difference.

yep Carnival thinks people are stupid. The same deal with the VIFP offers for the drink package using RU0. It's cheaper to book the cabin and the beverage package separately than to take this offer. 🥵

I received almost the same offer for my booking on Spirit for next February.  Only $40 to "upgrade" from the nice quiet cabin I had booked to one where the door opens to the elevator lobby and it's directly under the pool deck.  According the to the email "higher is always better!"  Someone may have been high when they sent that to me.

• Haha 7

I also got an upgrade offer but didn't know to where.  I was afraid to click the red button in case it made me lose the cabin I was already booked in.  In the future is it safe to click the red button without actually changing cabins, just to know what they are offering?

15 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

I also got an upgrade offer but didn't know to where.  I was afraid to click the red button in case it made me lose the cabin I was already booked in.  In the future is it safe to click the red button without actually changing cabins, just to know what they are offering?

There are a couple of steps before you are actually upgraded, you'll be good

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I recently got an "upgrade" offer on Horizon, from inside cabin on Lido to a "balcony" on deck 2 for like $500 lol 🤣  No way man; I booked on lido for a reason, and I do not want a cove balcony under the galley.

• Like 1

There are some good upsells, though.  I had always wanted to try out a Havana Cabana, but was put off by how much more it cost compared to other cabins.  However, for my upcoming Venezia cruise, I was offered an upgrade from a deck 7 aft balcony to a Terrazza Cabana for $180.  I took it,  because it was a few hundred cheaper than having booked a cabana to begin with. So, I'm excited!

• Like 2