TxTeach79's Pride LIVE 5/28: Post Drydock European Adventure!

TxTeach79

Baggage claim still hasn’t started, but in the interim we’ve talked to three other people whose bags are pinging at Heathrow….. 🤡 

Edited by TxTeach79
I do not have the mental bandwidth to spell correctly right now.
  • Like 3

Ugh! You seem to be hitting one snag after the other. Can you track bags on the app and put in information to have them delivered to the hotel? That baggage line looks brutal.

You are reinforcing my plan to carry on my suitcase. I will be less stressed if it stays in the cabin with me!!

• Like 1

Just now, TravelE said:

Ugh! You seem to be hitting one snag after the other. Can you track bags on the app and put in information to have them delivered to the hotel? That baggage line looks brutal.

You are reinforcing my plan to carry on my suitcase. I will be less stressed if it stays in the cabin with me!!

BA app doesn’t have tracking info yet, but thank goodness for AirTags. We’re all in the same boat on this one - nobody’s bags made it on the plane. Still in line at the lost luggage desk at BCN

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, RenoNanaOz said:

Just found this and so glad I did. I love your reviews. So sorry it’s been such a rough start. Cheers to things going smooth from here. 

thanks so much for following along!!

3 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

On the bright side, in front of us is a guy who’s sailing on Pride, a couple who’s on X Edge, and the couple behind us is on Venezia. And none of us have our luggage!

If you have tours scheduled early tomorrow you should cancel/postpone? I toured the coliseum in Rome exhausted. Memorable for all the wrong reasons. Barcelona is so easy to do on your own. You hopefully can sleep and figure it out.  And the only reward for staying up so long is you will be on European time. 

Edited by Thenagers
  • Like 2

Wow just wow on this new turn of events. This is partly why I will always be home reading these adventures instead of experiencing them. I already know I couldn't handle more than a few hours flight time and all the stress and unknowns of international travel would prob kill me😂🤣

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

Omg. You are still at the airport???  We have been at our hotel, checked in, explored the neighborhood,  found a grocery store and are now ordering dinner.  

you got your bags?? That’s amazing! Basically our entire flight is still in line at lost luggage. Almost NOTHING got on that plane. Never mind - just saw you carried on. SMART!

Edited by TxTeach79
  • Like 6

56 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

all the bags got left in London

holy hell, I can't imagine!  

15 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

We flew carry on only. 

10 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

That will be me and DH as well in October👍

Always impressed with carry on only.  I like to shop too much lol.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Thenagers said:

If you have tours scheduled early tomorrow you should cancel/postpone? I toured the coliseum in Rome exhausted. Memorable for all the wrong reasons. Barcelona is so easy to do on your own. You hopefully can sleep and figure it out.  And the only reward for staying up so long is you will be on European time. 

You’re exactly right. Luckily we’re go with the flow on this one, no huge set plans, two full days and nights ahead in Barcelona…. Gonna sleep in relentlessly tomorrow, and hopefully see our bags again at some point 

• Like 9