Check your Princess excursions. They canceled mine

phabric

I had all my Princess excursions booked for my Nov Mediterranean & Israel cruise.  I looked on my Personalizer today, and noticed under Excursions there was no excursion listed for one port.  I did a Live Chat and he saw no excursion listed for me for that port.  He did not see the excursion code I had for the excursion.  He said the excursion, must have been cancelled.

I was not informed they had cancelled the excursion.

Check your excursions to make sure you have all your excursions you had booked.

Just now, arizonaperson said:

@phabric did you try to book yourself again for that same excursion that is not showing up in your account? Or is the shore excursion totally gone from that port?

are any shore excursions showing available to book for the particular port?

There are excursions listed for that port.  My excursion is no longer listed so cancelled.

I had paid for the excursion.  I was not informed that it was cancelled.  I could have been on the ship and there would not have been a voucher for that port.  Once on the ship many of the excursion are sold out.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, phabric said:

I had all my Princess excursions booked for my Nov Mediterranean & Israel cruise.  I looked on my Personalizer today, and noticed under Excursions there was no excursion listed for one port.  I did a Live Chat and he saw no excursion listed for me for that port.  He did not see the excursion code I had for the excursion.  He said the excursion, must have been cancelled.

this happened to me a couple of weeks ago - purely by fluke I discovered that my Istanbul excursion had been cancelled.  I organised a replacement privately, and then about a week later I got an email from Princess saying that my excursion had been cancelled.  So they did contact me, but it took about ten days...

2 minutes ago, Coral said:

Many people find out their excursion is cancelled by seeing a credit on your credit card statement. Your situation doesn't seem unique, sadly.

I'm boarding the Crown on the 23rd for a 10 day to Ak. On Wed., I "wish listed" an excursion in Skagway for $129.00. On Friday, I got an email from Princess telling me I had booked and confirmed to the tune of $186.00! I never bought the excursion, didn't even get to the confirm and pay page. Never saw that page. I tried to cancel but the excursions are closed.

Guess who is getting a visit immediately upon my boarding?

2 hours ago, EDDY0827 said:

I'm boarding the Crown on the 23rd for a 10 day to Ak. On Wed., I "wish listed" an excursion in Skagway for $129.00. On Friday, I got an email from Princess telling me I had booked and confirmed to the tune of $186.00! I never bought the excursion, didn't even get to the confirm and pay page. Never saw that page. I tried to cancel but the excursions are closed.

Guess who is getting a visit immediately upon my boarding?

Ironically, this is how I found out my Istanbul excursion was cancelled. I got an email saying my waitlisted Mykonos excursion was now confirmed. I couldn’t understand how they could do that without my paying for it and upon investigation found that the cancelled Istanbul excursion had freed up the OBC to pay for the new excursion.  I am sure you will be able to cancel on board though - isn’t it just 24 hours notice?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EDDY0827 said:

Yeah, I'll handle it on board. But why the discrepancy between the advertised price of the excursion and what they charged me?

Excursions often go up in price between when they are first available and embarkation day.

Getting on a waitlist does not mean you get the price it was the day you went on the waitlist.

8 hours ago, phabric said:

Do you have a TA or CVP?  They may have received the email cancellation.  

They should forward it to you.

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Do you have a TA or CVP?  They may have received the email cancellation.  

They should forward it to you.

My Ta is good at forwarding anything she receives from Princess.  My last canceled excursion came directly to me.

9 hours ago, trinitygirl said:

Ironically, this is how I found out my Istanbul excursion was cancelled. I got an email saying my waitlisted Mykonos excursion was now confirmed. I couldn’t understand how they could do that without my paying for it and upon investigation found that the cancelled Istanbul excursion had freed up the OBC to pay for the new excursion.  I am sure you will be able to cancel on board though - isn’t it just 24 hours notice?

It is 48 hours but I am sure the person can cancel it also.

My cruise is not until November.  Another excursion might be cancel for Sicily port as I have excursion to Mt Etna which is a volcano that has started to erupt.

I will have to keep an eye on all my excursions.