$5 Pizza Delivery

26 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

If you mean from Pizza Pirate, yes, that is where it comes from. Worth it not to have to stand in line and we used it a few times on Glory.

Or Pizzeria Del Capitano depended which Carnival ship they're sailing. 

Pizzeria Del Capitano on Carnival Cruise Line (Photo: Carnival Cruise Line)

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, AHS123 said:

Or Pizzeria Del Capitano depended which Carnival ship they're sailing. 

Pizzeria Del Capitano on Carnival Cruise Line (Photo: Carnival Cruise Line)

Good. I wanted to make sure it wasn’t another type if I was to order. 

For those that have ordered, how long is the wait to receive it roughly? I don’t want to order then have to sit somewhere an hour before I get it. 

I believe the pizza is $6 or $7 now as opposed to $5. It’s pretty quick though. On the Mardi Gras I sat at a table next to the pizza place and the line was longer than I wanted to deal with. I ordered a pizza in the app and got it before the person that was in the middle of the line. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AtSeaWithChris said:

I believe the pizza is $6 or $7 now as opposed to $5. It’s pretty quick though. On the Mardi Gras I sat at a table next to the pizza place and the line was longer than I wanted to deal with. I ordered a pizza in the app and got it before the person that was in the middle of the line. 

When I posted about not wanting to stand in line I almost mentioned that one could do this, order from a table near the pizza place. I know on Glory it told us on the app how long it would take and that was likely dictated by how busy they were.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Buffettfan 225 said:

sorta same topic but FYI cheese pizza off kids menu in mdr thumbs up last trip on Radiance

Is it the same as you'd get from the pizzeria? Not fans of the usual Carnival pizza, we try it every cruise and are on a mission to find something we like "next time". :) 

17 minutes ago, MalleyCat said:

Is it the same as you'd get from the pizzeria? Not fans of the usual Carnival pizza, we try it every cruise and are on a mission to find something we like "next time". 🙂

We're with you. I know food is subjective but we hate Carnival pizza and there's no way we'd pay any amount for that stuff.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

When I posted about not wanting to stand in line I almost mentioned that one could do this, order from a table near the pizza place. I know on Glory it told us on the app how long it would take and that was likely dictated by how busy they were.

Great, this is what I was wondering. 

We were on the Dream three weeks ago.  Pizza is $7/pizza.  They quoted a 30 minute delivery time but it was more like 15.  The pizza was the worst I’d ever had.  Made store brand Dollar General seem good.  Plus they served it with a side a unique dipping sauce - ketchup!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

We were on the Dream three weeks ago.  Pizza is $7/pizza.  They quoted a 30 minute delivery time but it was more like 15.  The pizza was the worst I’d ever had.  Made store brand Dollar General seem good.  Plus they served it with a side a unique dipping sauce - ketchup!

I've had pizza come with ketchup on the side. And I also like to dip the crusts in ketchup so don't find it odd at all. 

1 minute ago, mz-s said:

$7 per pizza is borderline extortion IMO. Almost as bad as the $5 PB&J. Carnival's prices for room service are downright punitive.

It's the price for staying put and not standing in line. At the end of a long day I was glad to pay it just so I didn't have to leave my cabin just to stand in a line. I can easily see someone else taking the opposite view and more power to them. We can choose to use it or not and either way it works for the person making the choice.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sanger727 said:

I've had pizza come with ketchup on the side. And I also like to dip the crusts in ketchup so don't find it odd at all. 

Must be a local thing, I’m accustomed to ranch dressing on the side or extra pizza sauce, but I’ve never seen ketchup before.  Live and learn.

14 minutes ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

Must be a local thing, I’m accustomed to ranch dressing on the side or extra pizza sauce, but I’ve never seen ketchup before.  Live and learn.

So, the last place I recall being served ketchup with pizza was in Thailand; so yeah, think it's the luck of the draw. But I've had it served like that other places before, and ketchup is my go-to for crust dipping sauces (not that I would turn down pizza sauce, but I have ketchup readily available at home).