LIVE! Venezia Maiden Voyage 5/29 - Let’s Cruise!

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from TravelBluebird! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

TravelBluebird was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

In 2 days we take off for Barcelona, where on Monday we will board the Carnival Venezia for its maiden TransAtlantic voyage to it’s New York home port! Well, its maiden voyage as a Carnival branded ship, since as many of you know the ship was originally a Costa ship for the Asian market, which didn’t work out so well because of the pandemic.

I am fully packed as of 5 minutes ago! Have a little extra with us this time—we always just take 2 24” roller cases and a small under-the-seat carry on each for our cruises, but we just couldn’t figure out what the weather would be like in the North Atlantic as we cruised from the Azores to Halifax, plus while in European cities we like to be more dressy than shorts and a t-shirt. That, plus taking a bit extra equipment for my new video hobby ended us up with 1 larger carry-on case that we are checking, plus a camera bag. We feel so overpacked! I know others on this trip that literally have packed 1 carry on or backpack for the entire trip PLUS extra time in Barcelona. I salute them. I can never be them.

Ports of call are Barcelona (embarkation), Malaga, Gibraltar, Lisbon, Ponta Delgada, Halifax, and New York (debarkation).

For those that have followed my LIVES! before you know that I’ll share the good, the bad and the ugly. That said, I realize that this is a maiden voyage for this ship, and for me that is a bit like preview week for theater. I’d LIKE everything t go smoothly, but if it doesn’t, there’s a little grace as all the kinks get worked out.

I’m a little nervous about the sea days. There are 9 sea days on this voyage! I hate to say it, but if the internet is bad on the sea days I may go a little crazy. I hope there is enough Internet at least for posting my LIVE! updates and for uploading at least a few short videos.

For blogging and photos, stay right here on Cruise Critic! For videos and I’m hoping some LIVE broadcasts (embarkation, ship tour, Q and A), here’s my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/@cruisingwithdee  I’m a small channel and not compensated in any way for the videos (yep, even though YouTube is running ads on them) plus I have received no compensation etc from Carnival for this trip, so all opinions can be as free as possible!

For those new to my LIVES! on Cruise Critic, we are Denise and Russ Van Patten from Knoxville, Tennessee. We are avid cruisers! My husband is now retired and I work for myself, and I’m on the board of a non-profit, so can arrange my schedule for cruising. I have included a photo of us so if YOU are on the Venezia for this trip, please say hello!

Also, please let me know what questions you have about the Venezia, what you’d like to see photos//videos of. With all those sea days I’ll have plenty of time to find the answers for you. And, if you are on the Venezia, I like my LIVES! to be interactive, so please chime in!

Welcome to my LIVE! Y’all here on Cruise Critic are the best.

B4D4F09C-3A0B-440F-BECA-5610F3C85418.jpeg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

Thanks for doing another Live Review! We will be following along as we will be on her for 21 days starting in September. So glad that there will be multiple live reviews on this cruise! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Jamman54 said:

Thanks for doing another Live Review! We will be following along as we will be on her for 21 days starting in September. So glad that there will be multiple live reviews on this cruise! :classic_biggrin:

Ooh @Jamman54 21 days! I’m “only” getting 15 on the Venezia!  Thanks for following along, and its always great to get multiple perspectives, especially on a new ship!

• Like 4

Nine sea days caught my eye, very curious to see how that goes. I have pretty much decided I would like my first cruise next year to be on this ship. Looking at a 9 night that would have 4 sea days, have never done that many sea days. Can't wait to see the upcoming reviews and be convinced to book😁

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, LatinaInTexas said:

Nine sea days caught my eye, very curious to see how that goes. I have pretty much decided I would like my first cruise next year to be on this ship. Looking at a 9 night that would have 4 sea days, have never done that many sea days. Can't wait to see the upcoming reviews and be convinced to book😁

@LatinaInTexas I am curious to see how that goes as well! 9 nights seems like a good length from New York, especially if you are heading to the Caribbean.  I’ve done a 7 day from New York which went to Orlando (Port Canaveral), Freeport and Nassau; 9 days should give you a better itinerary! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TravelBluebird said:

They ARE Eccos and they are SO comfortable! And good footing for boats,.  I’ m bringing them on this trip too!

Love my Eccos, even got these that can pass for dress sandals:

273713-02021-main.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mkcurran said:

Love my Eccos, even got these that can pass for dress sandals:

273713-02021-main.jpg

Very nice indeed! Will have to check to see if they come in a dark color, like navy or black. I don’t wear heels very much since I broke my ankle, so a dressy sandal for dinners would be nice!

• Like 3