The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday May 24th, 2023

richwmn

Today is International Tiara Day, National Escargot Day, and Brother's Day

May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house. - George Carlin

Meal Suggestion for today - Whole Roasted Cabbage
Drink of the Day - Tequila Sunrise
Wine of the Day - Schrader Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Oakville Double Diamond 2019
Destination of the Day - Agadir, Morocco

Today in History:
1844 Samuel Morse taps out "What hath God wrought" in the world's first telegraph message

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Sitka, Alaska 0800-1600

Koningsdam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 0700-1600

Nieuw Amsterdam

Juneau, Alaska 1000-2200

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea destination Geiranger, Norway eta 25 May

Noordam

Skagway, Alaska 0700-2100

Oosterdam

Casablanca, Morocco 0700-2359

Rotterdam

Geiranger, Norway 0700-1700

Volendam

Vancouver, Canada 0700

Westerdam

Hubbard Glacier, Alaska 1400-1800

Zaandam

Sydney, Nova Scotia 0800-1800

Zuiderdam

Dunmore East, Ireland 0700-1800

0524World.thumb.png.efa203e43c23ac63c2b04ac05eea22fd.png

• Like 23
  • Thanks 19

Good morning.  Thanks for the Hump Day Report.

Cooler and overcast this morning with showers in the forecast.

A good collection of days.  I don't have a tiara.  I like escargot, looking forward to having some on a BHB.  I have 2 brothers, hope to see them soon.

Love the quote, George was a funny man.

Not sure about the meal, I'll wait until I see recipes.

The drink sounds good, hope the wine is tasty too.

I've never been to today's port.

I tried to learn Morse code years ago when I got my amateur radio operator's licence, but I did not succeed.

Prayers for everyone.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

@dfish Hope everything goes well for you today.

Have a great day.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

Wednesday May 24 care and celebration list

57redbird’s cousin with gioplastoma, prayers for peaceful passing and family comfort

Crabby Patti caring for DF  who is no longer ambulatory

Jazzyv with knee and back pain but doing things

Cunnorl recovering from surgery 

Cruznterri’s dh taking it easy after mohs surgery

1angelcat with a very sick kitty

Heartgrove concerned for Sam

NextOne with new afib concerns

Superoma’s family on the death of her father

Vict0riann’s dh dealing with a post surgery infection 

Dfish adrenal gland surgery today

Wildfire and tornado victims

Smoke from the wildfires moving east

Too many shooting victims every day

Citizens of Ukraine and the Sudan 

Flooding victims in Ravenna, Italy

From the rotation:

Luvteaching’s DH in rehab but close to home

Atexsix DF working on getting

Roy recovering from pneumonia and getting stronger

Celebrations

Tana, celebrating small wellness victories as they

Rafinmd fleshing out September and November cruises

Cruising-along good nephrologist appointment 

Summer slope’s Bailey doing better

Many Dailyites cruising or with upcoming cruises

3 days Oceansaway17 (Disney fantasy 5/27 to June 3)

6 days for DeniseT (n. Amsterdam 5/28 to June 4)

Cruising 

Crazy For Cats(Zaandam to 5/27)

Jazzyv cruise, Germany vacation to 5/28

Cruising sister (Nieuw Statendam to 5/28)

SusieKIslandGirl (Nieuw Statendam to5/28)

• Like 22
  • Thanks 17

Thank you for today's daily reports and your interesting Agadir Morocco photos Rich @richwmn.

We have eaten escargots in a garlic sauce many times on Royal Caribbean ships.

We don't want any evil near us.

Nice port today.

Good wishes to all who are unwell.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Screenshot_20230524_114336.jpg

Screenshot_20230524_114434.jpg

Screenshot_20230524_114400.jpg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 5

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily report.  A nice collection of days we have today.  I like the quote.  It will be interesting to see what recipes are presented for the

meal suggestion.  I like today’s drink.  I haven’t been to Agadir.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list and one for my recently departed brother.  Cheers to all of you celebrating happy events today.

• Like 28

Good morning, everyone! It will be a warm 80 degrees and sunny here today. 

Thank you for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

4 days and counting. I have a few last-minute errands in the next couple of days. Friday, we head to the airport for an overnight stay as we have to be at the airport at 4:30 am for our flight on Saturday. 

Thinking of you all. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

I am thinking about @dfish as I write this post and hoping her surgery is successful and her recovery is quick.  I am also thinking about @superoma and hoping she finds comfort from sharing memories of her Father with the friends and family that are there to support her.  

Our meal of the day is Whole Roasted Cabbage.  I eat a lot of cabbage; it is very good for you.  

image.png.af34b18c2cf4901d34ab17b39eb1f0e6.pngIn the summer I usually prepare it raw in a cold salad like slaw.  It is a must when I prepare stir frys and fish tacos for the added crunch.  In the Fall and winter I roast it.

Whole Roasted Cabbage

The  secret for making this Whole Roasted Cabbage is to remove the core from the cabbage and spoon spiced butter inside. While it's baking, spices seep into every cabbage leaf, infusing the flavors throughout. It is paired with whole potatoes that bake along with the cabbage and garnished with fresh herbs to give a boost of flavor. 

image.thumb.png.0296ce074e8cb826cdc13486b7e3a329.png

Roasted Cabbage with Onion Dijon Sauce

This recipe is easier to manage because it cuts the cabbage into wedges. 

When baking the edges get slightly crispy and the centers develop a slightly sweet flavor. Then you add the sauce made of onions and Dijon mustard.

image.thumb.png.0b5398002d7bfabbdb6fd581da012720.png

Roasted Cabbage Steaks

In this recipe the cabbage is cut into steaks and seasoned with soy sauce, chili powder, paprika, red pepper flakes, and a splash of lemon

image.thumb.png.5210bdb93d8b398357d5075addc0d9b2.png

Positive thoughts to all who need them.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 18

Good morning, everyone.

Just wanted to check in before we head to the hospital.  I'm packing everything up so I have it.  I'm hoping they'll decide I'm too much work to keep overnight and send me home.  But, I doubt that will happen.

• Like 34
  • Thanks 12

Good morning everyone. I’ve had a lot of computer issues for a while. Recovering from my second cateract surgery which went well. I had a blow out on a tire when I hit a pot hole and was without a car for a week but all is good now.

Stay safe everyone 

Carol

Edited by mamaofami
  • Like 35
  • Thanks 2

Happy Wednesday.  Prayers for your surgery today @dfishDebbie.

Tequila Sunrise cocktail:

The tequila sunrise is a cocktail made of tequila, orange juice, and grenadine syrup. It's served unmixed in a tall glass. The modern drink originates from Sausalito, California, in the early 1970s after an earlier one created in the 1930s in Phoenix, Arizona. Wikipedia
Main alcohol: Tequila
Ingredients: 1 1/2 oz (3 parts) Tequila, 1/2 oz (1 part) Grenadine syrup, 3 oz (6 parts) Orange juice
Preparation: Pour the tequila and orange juice into glass over ice. Add the grenadine, which will sink to the bottom. Do not stir. Garnish and serve.
Served: On the rocks; poured over ice
Standard garnish: Cherry, Orange slice
Drinkware: Collins glass

Screenshot 2023-05-24 at 7.16.32 AM.png

• Like 17
  • Thanks 15

Happy Hump Day.  Best wishes Debbie.  Thank you Rich, Eva, Dixie, Ann, and Tina.  I'll pass on the Tiara, Cabbage, and Escargot, but love Carlin's quote.  Morse revolutionized the world with his accomplishment.  Remembering my late brother today.  I've been to Agadir just once, on the Wind Star in 2014.  My alternative menu suggestion is Chilled Apple Vichyssoise, Fruit Cup au Natural, and Linguini with Prosciutto and Gorgonzola as served on MS Prinsendam May 24, 2015.

Roy

• Like 32

6 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone. I’ve had a lot of computer issues for a while. Recovering from my second cateract surgery which went well. I had a bow out on a tire when I hit a pot hole and was without a car for a week but all is good now.

Stay safe everyone 

Carol

Welcome back.  Good news on the cataract surgery,

Roy

• Like 20

Good morning friends!  It's 62F and partly sunny with a high expected of 76.  We went out for a shorter walk than usual because we have things we have to get done today.  Thanks Rich @richwmn for our Daily and Fleet report information.  Interesting days to celebrate for us all.  First we want to celebrate our brothers who in my case sure made life interesting.  Still does!  He is going through a hard time right now so I want to wish him well (prayers, too!).  I've never worn a tiara and wish I had one to wear today.  For those who like escargot this is a good one especially if you're on a ship who serves it.  DH likes it but I do not.  Quite a funny quote by George Carlin.  This was a very important day in history for communication when Samuel Morse sent his first message out.

As for Food and Beverage, a roasted cabbage is for someone else, not me.  I'll pass on the cocktail and the wine, too.  More left for all of you!  Thanks to Tina @0106, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for your reports!  

Prayers for all in need, especially our Debbie @dfish as she has her surgery finally, Eva @superoma who lays her dear Father to rest today, and @57redbird as their family deals with her cousin's last days.  Hoping Annie @marshhawk is recovered from her illnesses and getting back on track.  Thank you Eva for continuing to post the lists for us!  Congrats to all on the Celebration list including our cruisers.  Enjoy the good times.  By the way, Paul and Brenda's motorhome is not parked out front so I don't know what the change in plans were.  Maybe they stopped halfway home.  Atlanta traffic at rush hour is not for the weak, especially driving that rig!  Hope I can find out more later.

Our port of the day is Agadir, Morocco and we had that a year ago on May 12, 2022.  Thanks to Rich for his recent photos taken in Agadir!  We were there in 2014 on Constellation and 2018 on Prinsendam so photos will follow the link.

On our one and only Celebrity cruise in 2014, we sailed from Rome to Fort Lauderdale after a wonderful Prinsendam Black Sea/Holy Land adventure.  On the Celebrity transatlantic we stopped in Agadir, Morocco.  Getting ready to get off the ship, we saw passengers returning to the ship.  They told us their tour guide never showed!  On to plan B for them, I guess.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIwcjx7KpWVCuhjT8Qs1vF3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416779297

Keeping an eye on things at the dock.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLVn5OzKicFVb9lsD40cu6G?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416779300

We took a shuttle bus to the beach.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJbrRreEuiaqm77FcSx8pjm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416779357

But we didn't want to lounge on the sand and watch the waves so we walked further away to see what else there was to see.  Things like this sign which I have translated to say STOP.  You didn't know I could speak Moroccan?00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIXeI77xpP9fxecttnLUukv?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416779317

We saw the Mosque Agadir00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLzHNJbQf3wrSlU6nt-Gugs?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416779324

And saw some unique items for sale00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK0nCrzVpOyxskrRu7z3Y9D?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416779327

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKFvtoeTFrnRBOHFkOVFq2h?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416779357

A Moroccan flag00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL-002L1IePpqTUIBfAXYcd?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416779362

The second time we went to Agadir was in 2018 on Prinsendam during the Grand Africa and Mediterranean cruise.  This time we were dropped off near the beach again, but we walked further this time.  An interesting sight on the top of this hill.  I would imagine this would be a fortress to help them keep an eye out for maurading invaders.  Or maybe I have a vivid imagination.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK-YyA4dgM7oVQZ851QX1zm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526127223

Every few blocks we saw a mosque.  Besides the one we saw in 2014, we walked as far as this mosque then turned back.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ7GtaXQCWLNgWARkdyEBBb?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526127266

Right in the middle of the downtown area is a sliver of a zoo called Birds Valley.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLj9Rg070u9qoikHdMRIRbj?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526083888

There's a bird - a peacock!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIVM_GBRba0o-m3ssUJ6Q00?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526127320

This man had a huge amount of wooden goods to sell.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKkJ-bL9rKDtyf0XIdDHvlV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526127291

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKHeW8CTI3EwRSZQJmyVP7s?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526127290

You could rent a cool looking umbrella here by all the flags.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLmj6z0_cf6fzPhh4v0gt1Y?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526127333

Restaurants and shops across from the beach00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ9YvmtgK4Rl3Q4IFC6GERg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526127360

We had walked many miles that day so set out for the bus stop to take us back to the ship, where they had started setting up for our Arabian Nights dinner.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIX2CHtIsAKfGOVTQNjBtrN?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526127406

Our waiter Riris was a good sport, dressed in costume for this celebration.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKf4V60f--Lu_VcskCvqMHH?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526127426

I hope we see Riris again someday.  Hopefully he is still employed by Holland America.

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 31
  • Thanks 8

Good morning. We have another nice day  in store for us with sunshine and 70 degrees.Dog walking has been so pleasant  when it is not too warm.I grew up with two of the best brothers in the world.Now there are just two of us left but I cherish time spent with my DB.

We have not been to the port and I like the quote.The recipes look delicious, thanks to Tina @0106.

I am thinking of Eva @superoma today as she and her family bury her dad.

@dfish, prayers and hope for a quick recovery.

Have a great day everyone.

DB with his first grandchild

8230.jpeg

• Like 39
  • Thanks 4

13 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  It's 62F and partly sunny with a high expected of 76.  We went out for a shorter walk than usual because we have things we have to get done today.  Thanks Rich @richwmn for our Daily and Fleet report information.  Interesting days to celebrate for us all.  First we want to celebrate our brothers who in my case sure made life interesting.  Still does!  He is going through a hard time right now so I want to wish him well (prayers, too!).  I've never worn a tiara and wish I had one to wear today.  For those who like escargot this is a good one especially if you're on a ship who serves it.  DH likes it but I do not.  Quite a funny quote by George Carlin.  This was a very important day in history for communication when Samuel Morse sent his first message out.

As for Food and Beverage, a roasted cabbage is for someone else, not me.  I'll pass on the cocktail and the wine, too.  More left for all of you!  Thanks to Tina @0106, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for your reports!  

Prayers for all in need, especially our Debbie @dfish as she has her surgery finally, Eva @superoma who lays her dear Father to rest today, and @57redbird as their family deals with her cousin's last days.  Hoping Annie @marshhawk is recovered from her illnesses and getting back on track.  Thank you Eva for continuing to post the lists for us!  Congrats to all on the Celebration list including our cruisers.  Enjoy the good times.  By the way, Paul and Brenda's motorhome is not parked out front so I don't know what the change in plans were.  Maybe they stopped halfway home.  Atlanta traffic at rush hour is not for the weak, especially driving that rig!  Hope I can find out more later.

Our port of the day is Agadir, Morocco and we had that a year ago on May 12, 2022.  Thanks to Rich for his recent photos taken in Agadir!  We were there in 2014 on Constellation and 2018 on Prinsendam so photos will follow the link.

On our one and only Celebrity cruise in 2014, we sailed from Rome to Fort Lauderdale after a wonderful Prinsendam Black Sea/Holy Land adventure.  On the Celebrity transatlantic we stopped in Agadir, Morocco.  Getting ready to get off the ship, we saw passengers returning to the ship.  They told us their tour guide never showed!  On to plan B for them, I guess.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIwcjx7KpWVCuhjT8Qs1vF3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416779297

Keeping an eye on things at the dock.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLVn5OzKicFVb9lsD40cu6G?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416779300

We took a shuttle bus to the beach.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJbrRreEuiaqm77FcSx8pjm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416779357

But we didn't want to lounge on the sand and watch the waves so we walked further away to see what else there was to see.  Things like this sign which I have translated to say STOP.  You didn't know I could speak Moroccan?00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIXeI77xpP9fxecttnLUukv?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416779317

We saw the Mosque Agadir00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLzHNJbQf3wrSlU6nt-Gugs?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416779324

And saw some unique items for sale00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK0nCrzVpOyxskrRu7z3Y9D?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416779327

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKFvtoeTFrnRBOHFkOVFq2h?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416779357

A Moroccan flag00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL-002L1IePpqTUIBfAXYcd?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416779362

The second time we went to Agadir was in 2018 on Prinsendam during the Grand Africa and Mediterranean cruise.  This time we were dropped off near the beach again, but we walked further this time.  An interesting sight on the top of this hill.  I would imagine this would be a fortress to help them keep an eye out for maurading invaders.  Or maybe I have a vivid imagination.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK-YyA4dgM7oVQZ851QX1zm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526127223

Every few blocks we saw a mosque.  Besides the one we saw in 2014, we walked as far as this mosque then turned back.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ7GtaXQCWLNgWARkdyEBBb?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526127266

Right in the middle of the downtown area is a sliver of a zoo called Birds Valley.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLj9Rg070u9qoikHdMRIRbj?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526083888

There's a bird - a peacock!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIVM_GBRba0o-m3ssUJ6Q00?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526127320

This man had a huge amount of wooden goods to sell.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKkJ-bL9rKDtyf0XIdDHvlV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526127291

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKHeW8CTI3EwRSZQJmyVP7s?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526127290

You could rent a cool looking umbrella here by all the flags.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLmj6z0_cf6fzPhh4v0gt1Y?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526127333

Restaurants and shops across from the beach00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ9YvmtgK4Rl3Q4IFC6GERg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526127360

We had walked many miles that day so set out for the bus stop to take us back to the ship, where they had started setting up for our Arabian Nights dinner.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIX2CHtIsAKfGOVTQNjBtrN?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526127406

Our waiter Riris was a good sport, dressed in costume for this celebration.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKf4V60f--Lu_VcskCvqMHH?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1526127426

I hope we see Riris again someday.  Hopefully he is still employed by Holland America.

Have a great day everyone!

Thank you for taking your time to post your fascinating photos and descriptions of where you were.

As always the highlight of the day.

Graham.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for our Hump Day Daily, Rich.

What a great combination of days.  Love, love escargots and my brothers are precious to me living and not.  Tiara day.  I love tiaras and the jokes that for them.  They give some women strength or a smile so be prepared.

IMG_3606.jpeg.7098c062f851846f7708672e57e4116b.jpeg

love the Carlin quote and love cabbage.  Thanks @0106Tina for the recipes and for filling in for Debbie 👍  We were in Agadir and thankfully we had a private guide which made it a much more interesting spot.  Would I go back?  No.  One and done.  I decided I like Spanish Morocco (Ceuta) more than Morocco proper.  YMMV.

IMG_3608.jpeg.86e5cc2898024257faf9eba1ebc135e6.jpeg

Thinking of Debbie @dfish as she undergoes her surgery this morning and praying for a successful outcome and Eva @superoma at her very sad, painful time 🙏🏻 

Well, wonder of wonders, Ivan and I headed outside yesterday and I got all of my boxes of dahlias and bulbs emptied, sorted, organized and I got 3/4 of the dahlias planted.  I quickly found out why I quit buying this type of earth.  It’s heavy as H.  I’ll get my old one when I run out, I think.  I only didn’t because it’s cheapest in the bale and my elbow does not shovel well.  It did help lift those bags though 👍 

IMG_3611.jpeg.f7ca1def75c93760dc71f37814905b78.jpeg

Ivan had fun supervising and brought his indoor toys out and dropped them at the box/planter I was working on for them to be thrown.  LOL.  There is still a pile to do but I have a good start.  After 5 hours, I called it quits being sore and tired (self inflicted of course).

IMG_3610.jpeg.74c0ebead41ca1543db4615ddbff5bc2.jpeg

Today will be more of the same - but I need the containers that the begonias are sitting on to plant the small ones for my planters.  Hmmm - are they tough enough to stay out overnight?  They might have to be.  I’ll figure it out.

IMG_3607.jpeg.96afea309f493dc48a8ca36791448208.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and cheers 🥂 to all those celebrating.

IMG_3609.jpeg.b22437cd8601bfeb238944afd18ff08f.jpeg

Have a great Wednesday everyone !!!!!!

• Like 32
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8

52 minutes ago, Denise T said:

4 days and counting. I have a few last-minute errands in the next couple of days. Friday, we head to the airport for an overnight stay as we have to be at the airport at 4:30 am for our flight on Saturday. 

Thinking of you all. 

I hope everything goes smoothly for you Denise.

We often stay overnight at an airport hotel when we have an early flight.

I will be following your Live from  and wish you a fantastic cruise.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 18

Thank you for today’s R & D, Rich! It is a weird weather morning. Very breezy and it was sprinkling on one end of my street and sunny on the other. I was thrilled to be on the sunny end. And Bindi and I had the delight of seeing this year’s fawn twins being nursed by Mom this morning. 

Eva, thinking of you and your entire family this morning. Debbie, I know that you are at the hospital already, but praying that all goes smoothly today & you beat your personal recovery record!

Tina, thank you for some wonderful info & recipes!

Bindi goes to the vet this morning. Then chores, Bindi walks, HIIT and putting out our Memorial Day flags on my “block” will round out my day. Maybe I will get in my pool. 

IMG_1318.jpeg.8ec90ddd26752d4410ecd805ba2520c2.jpeg

IMG_1328.jpeg.061a53702cc48eda85c5bd5d7e254091.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Get well & stay well everyone!

Schrader Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Oakville Double Diamond 2019

This Cab sounds lovely. But its excellent reviews come with a price. The vintner doesn’t have any left in stock, so the cheapest price I found was $145.00! The distributor does ship to me though. 

Winemaker Notes

This 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon is crafted by winemaker Thomas Rivers Brown in the Schrader Cellars tradition of making the best Cabernet Sauvignon that Napa Valley can offer. A unique expression of the Oakville AVA with harmonious integration of decadent fruit, refined structure, and silky tannins, the 2019 vintage of Double Diamond is ready to enjoy now and will continue to evolve over the next 3-5 years.

WS94 Wine Spectator
Packs in generous steeped plum, boysenberry and mulberry flavors backed by a broad swath of roasted alder and bittersweet cocoa. Brimming with dense fruit, and is squarely in the not-shy style. The long finish has a serious loamy tug, too. Best from 2023 through 2035.
JD94 Jeb Dunnuck
Released by Schrader as a separate brand, the 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon from Double Diamond (which is still 70% To Kalon) offers a forward, medium to full-bodied, incredibly sexy style as well as classy notes of cassis, tobacco, incense, orange blossom, and flowers. Readers looking for a touch of that Schrader magic at a slightly more affordable price are going to love this beauty. It's already drinking nicely, and I see no need to delay gratification.
JS94 James Suckling
Lots of mint, flower and blackcurrant aromas follow through to a medium to full body, creamy tannins and a savory finish. Good depth of fruit here. Juicy and delicious now.
Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 7

Good morning. Currently 67 but will reach 80’s later today with a 60% chance of afternoon rain. Heading to the pharmacy this morning to ask if a couple of prescriptions can be refilled early as I will be close to running out on cruise. @dfishDebbie hope all goes well with your surgery today and too anyone else having medical procedures.

Sometime this week I need a haircut and we both need pedicures. Yesterday we picked up our Euros from the bank so we are pretty ready other than finishing packing.  Azamara’s dress code does make packing easier.

Love escargot and it’s available every night on our next cruise.

So that’s about it. Time for coffee #2 and of course finishing reading what all our Daily friends are up too.

Thanks Rich and to all have a great Hump Day. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.6abe4499227aa3d43155160010f6a7cc.jpegimage.jpeg.8ac58593e35f1b38bd88d4a4d6712ff8.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.3cd2da7ab4dd69398673917fdeca3e81.jpegimage.jpeg.954a80a175c4821a8328e76eee5eed59.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b97711a925c193fd7ae5f47809242a80.jpegimage.jpeg.a25f13441a2b023504c9e3cbaff790de.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.32a20c5e217cf4f9ee7128a57a158b4b.jpegimage.jpeg.2ef7ef3870d97949f9f09390d355d1fc.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Haha 25

46 minutes ago, Denise T said:

Thinking of you all. 

Denise, only 4 more days!  Remember when it was 60 or 30?  You've been very patient, and I hope you will be rewarded with a great sunny week in Alaska. Try to get some sleep the night before your flight.  And good luck with everything!

34 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone. I’ve had a lot of computer issues for a while. Recovering from my second cateract surgery which went well. I had a blow out on a tire when I hit a pot hole and was without a car for a week but all is good now.

Stay safe everyone 

Carol

My goodness, you've had quite the time of it!  Glad the computer issues are over, the cataract surgery went well and the tire has been repaired.  Take care!

17 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning. We have another nice day  in store for us with sunshine and 70 degrees.Dog walking has been so pleasant  when it is not too warm.I grew up with two of the best brothers in the world.Now there are just two of us left but I cherish time spent with my DB.

We have not been to the port and I like the quote.The recipes look delicious, thanks to Tina @0106.

I am thinking of Eva @superoma today as she and her family bury her dad.

@dfish, prayers and hope for a quick recovery.

Have a great day everyone.

DB with his first grandchild

8230.jpeg

Terry, what a sweet baby!  And a beautiful photo of Grandpa with grandchild.  I hope you are feeling tip top, and that Tana is doing okay lately.  Best to you and your family.

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you for taking your time to post your fascinating photos and descriptions of where you were.

As always the highlight of the day.

Graham.

You are very kind, Graham.  Thank you so much.

5 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks for our Hump Day Daily, Rich.

What a great combination of days.  Love, love escargots and my brothers are precious to me living and not.  Tiara day.  I love tiaras and the jokes that for them.  They give some women strength or a smile so be prepared.

IMG_3606.jpeg.7098c062f851846f7708672e57e4116b.jpeg

love the Carlin quote and love cabbage.  Thanks @0106Tina for the recipes and for filling in for Debbie 👍  We were in Agadir and thankfully we had a private guide which made it a much more interesting spot.  Would I go back?  No.  One and done.  I decided I like Spanish Morocco (Ceuta) more than Morocco proper.  YMMV.

IMG_3608.jpeg.86e5cc2898024257faf9eba1ebc135e6.jpeg

Thinking of Debbie @dfish as she undergoes her surgery this morning and praying for a successful outcome and Eva @superoma at her very sad, painful time 🙏🏻 

Well, wonder of wonders, Ivan and I headed outside yesterday and I got all of my boxes of dahlias and bulbs emptied, sorted, organized and I got 3/4 of the dahlias planted.  I quickly found out why I quit buying this type of earth.  It’s heavy as H.  I’ll get my old one when I run out, I think.  I only didn’t because it’s cheapest in the bale and my elbow does not shovel well.  It did help lift those bags though 👍 

IMG_3611.jpeg.f7ca1def75c93760dc71f37814905b78.jpeg

Ivan had fun supervising and brought his indoor toys out and dropped them at the box/planter I was working on for them to be thrown.  LOL.  There is still a pile to do but I have a good start.  After 5 hours, I called it quits being sore and tired (self inflicted of course).

IMG_3610.jpeg.74c0ebead41ca1543db4615ddbff5bc2.jpeg

Today will be more of the same - but I need the containers that the begonias are sitting on to plant the small ones for my planters.  Hmmm - are they tough enough to stay out overnight?  They might have to be.  I’ll figure it out.

IMG_3607.jpeg.96afea309f493dc48a8ca36791448208.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and cheers 🥂 to all those celebrating.

IMG_3609.jpeg.b22437cd8601bfeb238944afd18ff08f.jpeg

Have a great Wednesday everyone !!!!!!

I'm happy to hear you were able to get some of the garden chores done yesterday even with your elbow issues.  And how cute Ivan wanted to keep you company, or rather, have you throw his toys to fetch.  Same thing as keeping you company, right?  Lol

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

We were in Agadir this past April while aboard the Zuiderdam.  We took an excursion that took us to a visitor center in the nearby city of Inezgane where we were welcomed with mint tea and cookies.  We watched several horsemen in traditional costumes race around some.  When they reached the end of a run, they fired their very loud guns in the air.  We also watched some dancers, gymnasts and a snake handler.  When we returned to Agadir, we had some time in the marketplace.

0BD54E74-3E1C-4A87-8B15-CD4C462A1AA6.thumb.jpeg.f28b71a12bcecf7b94699cfa70662f30.jpeg

8D6A7C8F-C0EB-4FED-B5C1-BC765790C877.thumb.jpeg.975ddffda629478b787d47de89258c7c.jpeg

776216E7-1F4E-401B-A52A-EFB935255548.thumb.jpeg.98c1d21388e587a54db7b1e31844f334.jpeg

E8560858-4B0D-4897-BA5E-0857EE01C6F2.thumb.jpeg.ebae580f462ae4f06d264ea4c5946468.jpeg

20C49DC6-59C8-4310-A61A-886560BFBF4D.thumb.jpeg.929c57f484f0f1ead594730b67dba2d0.jpeg

6BA60849-65E9-4052-8799-D08EA214F86C.thumb.jpeg.5c036a5f8114dfe694a111ac72effbc2.jpeg

D948A28A-F223-4276-B920-DCD91009F6D8.thumb.jpeg.4e5edfd7588b85d7f9cebc9907056f16.jpeg

B9D5030B-8E14-405B-BD6E-3E77240B0739.thumb.jpeg.ccc3a1835ea5cb077d3236701db63f08.jpeg

34DE9ECE-900D-4962-9893-C8976D563FFA.thumb.jpeg.6b1d8f536d8218178617c2a9035fa679.jpeg

Edited by Mtn2Sea
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 1