Three-year cruise may get cancelled (or a different ship)??

That 3-year cruise we were all commenting on recently?

It might be cancelled... or changed to a different ship.  It sounds to me that a "cancellation" is more likely, but that's just from one news report.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/three-year-cruise-crisis/index.html

Sounds like a bit of a mess, unfortunately.

GC

Would you book a cruise and put down money when the cruise company puts out this press release about the ship you might be sailing on - “Due to confidentiality requirements of the agreement, we would be prevented from stating the previous name of the vessel and the company it was purchased from. We will also be releasing updated deck plans, cabin dimensions and public space information.”

DON

Edited by donaldsc

Imagine the Corporate/Credit Card Co. and customer kerfuffle this will cause. I personally would do numerous RTW’s for 3/yrs. with a yearly assessing of my health. For that reason we like 30-60/day segments with all the options that affords. 

On 5/26/2023 at 9:36 PM, SPacificbound said:

What could possibly go wrong?  🙃

What could most likely “go wrong” in this context would be the people who actually believe such a three year cruise will actually sail - and put money down to reserve space on it

• Like 1

What an absolute mess. They must not understand cruisers enough. People were looking for things to complain about before this cruise ever existed. Now, no matter the new ship "it's too big, it's too small, I needed the location I had before, this has ruined my life."

• Like 1