Saint Greg's Venezia Transatlantic May 29, 2023

Saint Greg

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

I think this is safe. Anyone nefarious isn’t going to be 30+ pages into this thread. Those things won’t go on my website they will stay buried here.

I'm probably the most nefarious person on Cruise Critic, but I'd still never attempt to use someone's likeness in order to harm them... Me, on the other hand, that's why I always cover most of my face, so I don't break the camera...

• Like 3
  • Haha 21

Alright check this out. I had chef’s table booked tonight. I’ve been on the fence about it because tonight is the Venetian thing. We didn’t know that until todays fun times came out and I’m basically going to miss it with chefs table. When I finally saw the gs line down, I stopped by and asked.

They called the manager which is Hanna the same person I dealt with last night at Viaggio. She said it’s a $25 fee unless you cancel 24 hours in advance. I wanted to talk to her anyway to let her know people who prebooked and paid grats are being told they didn’t pay grats. On that she said she would check into it.

On my chefs table situation she said all she could do is move me to tomorrow. Which is Malaga. Which is an 8pm port day and I was hoping to do dinner in Malaga. I said go ahead and move it. She did it. 

I walked down to the elevator. Stopped. Turned around around and went back. I said hey I have a chef’s table tomorrow night at 6 right? Yes. And I can get a full refund if I cancel 24 hours in advance right? Yes. I hold up my phone that says 5:38..I’d like to cancel. Done. Full refund? Yes.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 43

12 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I'm probably the most nefarious person on Cruise Critic, but I'd still never attempt to use someone's likeness in order to harm them... Me, on the other hand, that's why I always cover most of my face, so I don't break the camera...

That’s a slippery slope. We all know what you look like now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

5 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

The diamond event is going on in the restaurant.

I can hear Christine in there. She called it the platinum-diamond event and was quickly corrected by our very important diamond guests. I was going to turn diamond next year but decided to open up my bookings to all lines. I booked NCL for August which will push my diamond status back from 2024 to 2025 at least. And we’ll see. I was leaning RCL for the fall but haven’t booked anything yet. I’ll probably figure that out when I get back.

IMG_3339.jpeg

Don't want to upset the Diamond guests we have worked hard to earn that status  🙂   We have branched out to HAL since 2019, although we enjoy Carnival, it's nice to be on a different cruiseline.

Thanks for the updates, we will be on the Venezia in August and I have been looking for any information about the ship.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nofocruiser said:

Don't want to upset the Diamond guests we have worked hard to earn that status  🙂   We have branched out to HAL since 2019, although we enjoy Carnival, it's nice to be on a different cruiseline.

Thanks for the updates, we will be on the Venezia in August and I have been looking for any information about the ship.

Some of them may have. Some of them may have just tagged along with their parents as kids.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, serene56 said:

door slamming happens a lot on every cruise-   People should just hold that door to close-   (especially if the cabin door is opened =-it created a wind tunnel in the room and SLAM goes that door      Its very nerve wracking 

Yeah it felt like more than what I normally hear.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

For those who don’t know I was actually born about 50 miles from Venice. Not Venice beach….Venice in Italy. That was one of the things that made this more interesting for me. I was born and naturalized there.

It’s one of those things where I don’t think I needed to be naturalized. Both of my parents are American. But I was born in an Italian hospital. I have an Italian birth certificate. And the way the story goes is the hospital was very adamant that I was an Italian baby.

There was concern that I could be eligible to be drafted into the Italian army one day. So one of my dad’s Italian friends came to town with us and helped me get naturalized.

My husband was born on a military base in France (his dad was in the Air Force and both parents were US citizens). His parents had him naturalized. They wanted to make sure no one would ever question his citizenship.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, snowballs mom said:

My husband was born on a military base in France (his dad was in the Air Force and both parents were US citizens). His parents had him naturalized. They wanted to make sure no one would ever question his citizenship.

So I have a friend who has parents that are US citizens.  She was born in Germany so has dual citizenship.  Does dual citizenship mean being "naturalized"?  Thx!

25 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

So I have a friend who has parents that are US citizens.  She was born in Germany so has dual citizenship.  Does dual citizenship mean being "naturalized"?  Thx!

If she's gone through the process for naturalization, yes. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1