Saint Greg's Venezia Transatlantic May 29, 2023

Saint Greg

IMG_4169.thumb.jpeg.d3bc33af490617d9cdceed542e94e955.jpeg

IMG_4167.thumb.jpeg.45982298a8d18980522c927f7ca9d81c.jpeg

The waiter said the bbq ribs were a really small portion today and suggested I order something else as well so I ordered lasagna. The portion looks normal to me. I told him I wouldn’t eat the fries or bean and asked for extra corn.

IMG_4170.thumb.jpeg.0ade9ca5243bb11ec6c3d6e92eff6c5a.jpeg

IMG_4171.thumb.jpeg.8cc364b07c402576547784268f8383a6.jpeg

• Like 18

This is pretty crazy. I’ve never seen this item before. It’s the Italian option on the desert menu tonight. I know I’ve mentioned my mom’s apple pie before. This is pretty close to what it looks like. 

IMG_4180.jpeg

IMG_4179.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 21

26 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

IMG_4073.jpeg

IMG_4074.jpeg

IMG_4075.jpeg

IMG_4077.jpeg

IMG_4080.jpeg

IMG_4079.jpeg

IMG_4078.jpeg

Trying to zoom in on our cabin for our now February 2025 cruise out of Port Canaveral. Saint Greg, you are either a good or bad influence, yet to be determined! Following your “live” I was inspired to book the Venezia today, I have never booked that far out before.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

First stop from there was back at the shop. I decided I’m done. It’s 7pm. 

I am amazed at how much you saw in that one day out and about.  Thank you for so many great pics...felt like I was there 🙂

• Like 6

I actually have a small collection of Venetian masks which I frame. Each mask has a different meaning and history. Here is what I found about your mask. Probably aren't going to be a chick magnet

DOTTORE PESTE OR PLAGUE DOCTOR  mask image

DOTTORE PESTE OR PLAGUE DOCTOR

A half-mask with a ghoulishly exaggerated nose, Dottore Peste differs from the Scaramouch in that its nose is conventionally not only wider but also curved downwards like beak, and whereas the latter mask covers the cheekbones, the Plague Doctor only covers the forehead. Its name and peculiar form originates from the 16th Century and the unusual practices of a French physician by the name of Charles de Lorme, who would wear a full face mask with a hollow beak while treating plague sufferers.The Doctor is the local aristocrat, and/or doctor of medicine or law or anything else he claims to know about, which is most things. Extremely rich, he adores food and good wines, thus he is a little round. He is typically depicted as an elderly man who only knows nonsense. He makes many cruel jokes about the opposite sex and believes that he knows everything about everything.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

This is pretty crazy. I’ve never seen this item before. It’s the Italian option on the desert menu tonight. I know I’ve mentioned my mom’s apple pie before. This is pretty close to what it looks like. 

IMG_4180.jpeg

IMG_4179.jpeg

Damn! that looks delicious!!!!!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

We’re getting a kick out of this girl. She’s doing this runway walk across the cross walk and having someone film it. She’s done it four times already…stopping traffic.

IMG_4130.jpeg

IMG_4132.jpeg

Maybe she's filming her own personal commercial, needs multiple takes for the editing she's gonna do later.

When you stumble across it on the Web, you can say "I knew her when..." Lol

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 1