Saint Greg's Venezia Transatlantic May 29, 2023

Saint Greg

On 6/10/2023 at 10:02 PM, Saint Greg said:

I had a treat at dinner. They seated a British family next to mess I got to sit next to a 7 year old. The parents used foul language like it was just normal. Then at one point the kid asked a question about babies being born so I had listen to graphic talk about all of that while eating. 

There’s more to it than that but that’s probably all I can share without getting reported/deleted.

I wish they would give us a little breathing room instead of seating us in each others laps. There was plenty of space available in the dining room.

We cruised NCL for the first time in May, I was amazed at the room between tables in the MDR compared to Carnival.

• Like 3

I was going to get those fabulous blueberry pancakes. Then walk down the street to get a Katz to go for lunch.  But they don’t open till 9. It was shy of 8:30 when I showed up. I know Katz is open early. Maybe I’ll get that to go order then walk back. Or maybe I’ll just eat there and get something from there to go.

IMG_9708.thumb.jpeg.530729b8c66ae53e3b9d78c582c9c4c5.jpeg

IMG_9712.thumb.jpeg.d04865483b47b6d29143bdfa62e936f0.jpeg

IMG_9713.thumb.jpeg.325a2b9b6d6507f903c66f33762dbd36.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 9

Fabulous tour of NY Greg.  I grew up there and I haven't been to most of the places you went to.  I did climb to the top of the Statue of Liberty when I was a 7 year old Girl Scout.  I remember it well and would never do that again.  Your photos are exceptional and make the City look beautiful.  My memories are a bit different such as riding the subway every day for years in the rain, sleet, snow, etc.

NY is a beautiful tourist city.  To live there, IMO, not so much.

Glad you had a good time.

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I got that and a pastrami to go for $58 after tax. So probably  25-28.

One New York Style deli sandwich is a whole meal. When seen this way the price is what I expected in 2023. But I still miss the days of paying $8 for the same "meal." Thanks for the memory and the update.

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

This review makes me think I need to get out more. 

Saint Greg’s Lives will do that to you. I ended up booking the Venezia when it comes to Port Canaveral.

There should be some sort of “Reader Beware Warning” prior to reading.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

Jamman54 - We both know if Horn & Hardart was still in business we'd also be seeing some excellent photos of the automat. Then we could see Greg's monkey reaching in a food door for a fresh banana for the price of a nickel. 🙂

undefined

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Haha 6