Memorial Day Sale - Worth checking out!!

Boscodog

Glad to know people are saving on cruise fare. After Celebrity raised the prices on the flash sale items in the cruise planner, I wondered if they did the same on cruise fares. I’m glad you found some savings. I may need to take a look at our Alaska sailing for next year. 

5 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Glad to know people are saving on cruise fare. After Celebrity raised the prices on the flash sale items in the cruise planner, I wondered if they did the same on cruise fares. I’m glad you found some savings. I may need to take a look at our Alaska sailing for next year. 

They definitely did this - I was planning on pre-purchasing a laundry bag for my cruise and until this 'sale' happened, it was priced at $57 (AUD) with an 11% discount. Now, with the 20% discount, it is priced at $69!  I thought my memory was going, but my notes don't lie.  Now I don't know whether to jump on the special, or just leave it and hope the price goes back down again before my cruise...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trinitygirl said:

They definitely did this - I was planning on pre-purchasing a laundry bag for my cruise and until this 'sale' happened, it was priced at $57 (AUD) with an 11% discount. Now, with the 20% discount, it is priced at $69!  I thought my memory was going, but my notes don't lie.  Now I don't know whether to jump on the special, or just leave it and hope the price goes back down again before my cruise...

You can purchase it at the current discounted price and if the price were to drop even lower in the future, you can cancel it and rebook. That's the time honored tradition here. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Boscodog said:

I was able to save $649 and add an additional $400 OBC on our August 2024 Iceland cruise.  It is definitely worth checking your booking for savings too.

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like our bookings we already made are still less than the current sales. 

I'd been itching to get back on a cruise and so had my sister, so when I looked before the sale, the price of the cruise we wanted was about $1200 higher.  Glad we waited to get the cruise and cabins we wanted at a savings!  Now our boyfriends can experience their first cruise with us.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, itsawonderfullife said:

I appreciate seeing new threads as I don’t go back and read everything or search for specifics

I agree. The CC mod squad will decide if threads need to be merged or deleted. 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, davekathy said:

I agree. The CC mod squad will decide if threads need to be merged or deleted. 

Mods generally only merge IF brought to their attention by the “report a post” feature. At least that’s been my experience over the years here…

I prefer all posts on a subject such as this one on a single thread, rather than having to comb  through several to get all the tidbits of info and experiences. BUT, that’s the nature of the beast in the wonderful world of message boards! 

Edited by BEAV
spelling
  • Like 1

On 5/28/2023 at 4:56 PM, Boscodog said:

I was able to save $649 and add an additional $400 OBC on our August 2024 Iceland cruise.  It is definitely worth checking your booking for savings too.

Where are you looking  for the sale prices?  Celebrity or another TA website?

On 5/30/2023 at 9:34 AM, awhcruiser said:

Where are you looking  for the sale prices?  Celebrity or another TA website?

I looked on Celebrity website.  I also double checked the price on one of the big box TA websites. 

Not sure if sale is still on but worth checking.

2 hours ago, gerelmx said:

No more Memorial day sale now Spring into Summer Sale, whatever it's the same without the extra $50 OBC

Until this weekend when they add the $50 OBC back like they have been doing for the last 6 months.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2023 at 10:02 PM, BEAV said:

prefer all posts on a subject such as this one on a single thread, rather than having to comb  through several to get all the tidbits of info and experiences

But sometimes a new thread has a new piece of info. People stop looking at same-old same-old. Anyone who would look at a voluminous thread will not be out any energy reading through 100 words again.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

They have finally updated the beverage prices back to 50% off the original.  Also Premium wi-fi is now cheaper than basic.

Thanks for the info.  Checked all the items I booked and now the premium wifi is cheaper than when I bought it during the "sale" so was able to save a bit.

• Like 1

During last weekends Flash Sale all my future Shore Excursions (6 cruises) were discounted 35% versus the 15% discount when I originally booked them!

When I tried to rebook them at the bigger discount Celebrities  computer system would not allow it.

I called and was told the 35% discount was Only for New Cruise Booking guests!

Then Monday Night I received an Email that the sale was being extended for another 24 hours.

I went back and looked at my Many Shore Excursions and found the No Rebooking rule was Gone!

By rebooking almost all (some were sold out) of my original bookings at the larger discount the savings amounted to thousands of dollars.

• Like 1