Room service... Suite

ryansmousehouse

3 minutes ago, ryansmousehouse said:

When you're in a suite do you order room service directly from your butler or do go thru room service number and is it the same if you want room service from the specialty restaurant... Are menus in cabin or on the TV.. Thanks...

You order from room service and, generally, your butler will bring the food,  The specialty restaurant orders are done with your butler when you coordinate the timing of your dinner,  We always would communicate with our butler a few days ahead and make sure the day we were thinking, they do not already have lots of in suite dinner orders.  They use to bring you the specialty dining menus but I believe they are on the TV now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ryansmousehouse said:

When you're in a suite do you order room service directly from your butler or do go thru room service number and is it the same if you want room service from the specialty restaurant... Are menus in cabin or on the TV.. Thanks...

We've make all requests through our Butler.

And one thing we stress during our first meeting is that we are almost always flexible on timing, so if we happen to request something for a busy time, just let us know, and we'll be happy to change the time... and on the off chance we can't, we'll say so (thus... "really, do ask!").

We tend to use our Butlers quite a bit, with almost all breakfasts served, so we wake to the pleasant aroma of coffee and bacon (or have that not too long after we awake).  We love a couple of the Specialty restaurants, with some real favorites.  So if we can't get extra reservations, we might ask to have some favorite dinners served in our suite.

On all ships (and in all hotels), we request menus from each restaurant and a copy of all wine lists.  It's nicer to browse through them, rather than scroll on a screen.

And yes, we do tip generously.  The Butlers make a huge difference in our enjoyment.

I also have some mobility problems, so we tend to spend more time in our suite than we otherwise would.

GC

• Like 7

1 hour ago, GeezerCouple said:

We've make all requests through our Butler.

And one thing we stress during our first meeting is that we are almost always flexible on timing, so if we happen to request something for a busy time, just let us know, and we'll be happy to change the time... and on the off chance we can't, we'll say so (thus... "really, do ask!").

We tend to use our Butlers quite a bit, with almost all breakfasts served, so we wake to the pleasant aroma of coffee and bacon (or have that not too long after we awake).  We love a couple of the Specialty restaurants, with some real favorites.  So if we can't get extra reservations, we might ask to have some favorite dinners served in our suite.

On all ships (and in all hotels), we request menus from each restaurant and a copy of all wine lists.  It's nicer to browse through them, rather than scroll on a screen.

And yes, we do tip generously.  The Butlers make a huge difference in our enjoyment.

I also have some mobility problems, so we tend to spend more time in our suite than we otherwise would.

GC

Nothing better than to have the phone ring in the morning and be greeted with "Good Morning Mrs. S, I am on my way with your breakfast"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, basor said:

Nothing better than to have the phone ring in the morning and be greeted with "Good Morning Mrs. S, I am on my way with your breakfast"

It's better than that! 😉 

We always tell our Butler that any "Privacy" sign is *not* for them, but for everyone else.

That is, they should knock, pause, and then just come in.  IF we do want privacy, the door will be bolted, and of course, we wouldn't do that when we are expecting something.

So the breakfast table is quietly rolled in, and sometimes we are already awake.  But other times, that aroma of coffee and bacon does wake us, perhaps along with a few very gentle clinks of the china.

THAT is the way to wake up!

If we say "good morning" or anything at all, we'll always get a very cheerful reply, but the Butler has never said anything to us in the morning unless one of us spoke first, or they see us sitting up, etc.

And likewise, dinners are just wheeled in as well.  🙂 

(If we are changing or such, that door will, of course, be bolted.)

Yes, we are very spoiled when we cruise (when there are Butlers; some cruises we've taken don't even have room service, but we enjoy them all!).

GC

• Like 5

4 hours ago, basor said:

Actually, with or without a butler, everyone who orders room service for any meal time gets a call when it’s on the way.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Actually, with or without a butler, everyone who orders room service for any meal time gets a call when it’s on the way.

That was not my experience on Sirena in March.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Absolutely not true. When we pre order breakfast at 6:15, we get a knock on the door at 6:15ish. Same goes when we request to dine insuite in the evening. A knock on the door. Never a phone call from our butler.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Absolutely not true. When we pre order breakfast at 6:15, we get a knock on the door at 6:15ish. Same goes when we request to dine insuite in the evening. A knock on the door. Never a phone call from our butler.

Excuse the poor wording. I was trying to reply to Basor that you don’t need a butler to get a warning call before meal arrival.

• Like 1

So, for clarity for novices like the OP and me, what's the actual situation? Everyone gets a call that it's on the way, as noted by the usually reliable Flatbush. Or that you don't get a call, as noted by the usually reliable PhD & pinot?

9 minutes ago, Harters said:

So, for clarity for novices like the OP and me, what's the actual situation? Everyone gets a call that it's on the way, as noted by the usually reliable Flatbush. Or that you don't get a call, as noted by the usually reliable PhD & pinot?

Maybe you just have to tell them  to call when they are on the way 😄

We have not been in a suite  but  they did call  when we ordered  for  a B category cabin

4 minutes ago, Harters said:

My comments were strictly related to having a butler. Since 2017, we have either reserved a PH, or been fortunate enough to have been offered upgrades to a PH, therefore having a butler. With a combination of not remembering what occurred precisely prior to 2017 in an A2 cabin, plus believing anything that happened that long ago doesn’t necessarily matters today, I can’t speak for the processes for regular room service in a non butler cabin.

Hope that helps.

19 minutes ago, Harters said:

At least, for the lettered cabin categories (no butlers), you put your breakfast orders on the supplied card and leave in the note holder on your door at night (including delivery time wanted). The next morning, you get a call when it’s on the way. For room service at other times, you call in an order (ask for estimated arrival time). You may or may not get a warning call regarding delivery.

As regards room service breakfast, the only important thing that has changed in recent years is that, at least, B veranda cabins now can get the same hot breakfast options as do A (concierge) cabins.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

17 minutes ago, Harters said:

The answer is that sometimes you get a call, sometimes you don't.  On the Sirena in January 2023 in a B1 we received phone calls before breakfast arrived.  On the Regatta in April 2023 in a PH1 we didn't receive a phone call, the butler just knocked.  

Besides having room service, what else can you request from your butler? Any snacks, canapes, etc.  Is there a list to choose from?  Can anything be requested before my sail date?

12 minutes ago, BSR said:

Besides having room service, what else can you request from your butler? Any snacks, canapes, etc.  Is there a list to choose from?  Can anything be requested before my sail date?

Anyone can request  any sodas  that might be different that the normal Coke   eg if you want Coke Zero  or Mountan Dew type drinks you should  ask well in advance

We put the breakfast request out on the nights we want it the next morning.  We write in anything that isn't on the printed form and have never had an issue getting it. I don't know who picks it up at night, but if we have a butler, we get the call.  I don't remember whether there was a call if there was no butler, but I do know that the timing isn't as precise as when we have a butler.  7:15-7:30 can mean anything from 7:05 -7:45 with regular room service.  Our butler has always had it to us at 7:15 (in the example) with a rare 7:20.

Hope this helps.

2 hours ago, BSR said:

Where can I see ahead of time the room service request for suites?

In a suite, you can pretty much order from any of the restaurants for any meal.....plus the room service menu....look at the menus for GDR and specialties for ideas.

29 minutes ago, basor said:

In a suite, you can pretty much order from any of the restaurants for any meal.....plus the room service menu....look at the menus for GDR and specialties for ideas.

Thanks.   I saw the menus for GDR and specialties.   I was wondering if they had something different for suites?

On 5/29/2023 at 9:36 AM, pinotlover said:

My comments were strictly related to having a butler. Since 2017, we have either reserved a PH, or been fortunate enough to have been offered upgrades to a PH, therefore having a butler. With a combination of not remembering what occurred precisely prior to 2017 in an A2 cabin, plus believing anything that happened that long ago doesn’t necessarily matters today, I can’t speak for the processes for regular room service in a non butler cabin.

Hope that helps.

On The Riviera in April in a PH2 we had our butler deliver breakfast every morning. Never received a phone call. He would knock at exactly the time requested. 

• Like 1